GU08 - What to expect and when.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, May 1, 2013.

1. Thentar

WTF?!?! Really lets look at this.
    [IMG]

So up to 200M it will take 3.7x as much ammo for the VS to do the same amount of damage but we only shoot 2.25x faster then the TR
    It will take 5.76x as much ammo as the NC but only fire 3.75x faster.

So for 1 max the DMG output is the following.
    VS 1 clip : 1020 every 6 seconds or 170/s
    NC 1 clip : 2450 every 7.75 seconds or 316/s
    TR 1 clip : 3150 every 10 seconds or 315/s

Total output
    VS 12,240 in 36 seconds
    NC 34,300 in 54.25 seconds (22,761 dmg in 36 seconds)
    TR 37,800 in 60 seconds ( 22,680 dmg in 36 seconds)

So the VS get a charge up...woopdy ******* do. Our DPS is still HALF the other empires and we have to rearm at a term almost twice as much. This isn't even looking at >200m or the fact that we have the worst accuracy to begin with!!!!!!!!

Even if you try to say "but vs get charge up!" the charge up is only for 1 clip...that is 1020 and will take 4 seconds. So we get 1020dmg surprise shot and pretty much can't move during that entire 4 seconds because our accuracy is so crap and if we miss that 6 seconds is completely wasted but the NC and TR can be doing almost 2x that amount of damage with much better accuracy. The NC get a 490dmg surprise shot and it takes only 1.25 seconds. The TR get effectively 630dmg suprise shot in 1.5 seconds because of lag your target won't react before the 2nd shot hits.
    • Up x 6
  2. Thentar

Look at the post right below yours. You tell me how having a charge up compensates for having almost 1/2 the DPS and about the 1/2 the sustained rate.
    • Up x 2
  3. Van Dax

AND it has dmg drop off at range, y'know the thing they removed from the lancer because it crippled it.
    • Up x 3
  4. Thentar

I notice the same thing. I got different numbers. Mine is based of both arms being used.
  5. Marked4Death

Charge up will probably be like the lancer, but DPS will still be far worse than TR & NC. Given the raven will be guided (even better than just no drop) there is no excuse for the disparity in these weapons.
    • Up x 3
  6. Myka

Vanu get **** on with every patch.

Sarons were too 'snipey' and occasionally killed a stupid ESF pilot. Result: MEGA-NERFED, but now it's perfectly ok for Prowlers & Vans to have lightning-fast projectiles that are just as effective as the old Saron at sniping air, while the Saron languishes either unused or is simply tolerated because everyone bought one and all the alternatives are lackluster. Ditto the Hailstorm.

No bullet drop - except on weapons where it would actually be useful, i.e. snipers, long-range weapons, Magrider main cannon shells etc.

Weakest MBT by a long shot, with lowest armour, slowest speed, poor driver awareness & lowest damage output. After the MBT torque buff, the Mag is arguably no more agile than the Van/Prowler. Not to mention, our other faction 'trait' of agility is useless in a world of lock-on launchers. No one runs the magburner anymore because they all swapped it for smoke to survive Striker spam.

ZOE and the boring-as-all-hell Vortex are simply the latest in a long line of crap given to the VS since release. The state of the VS in the current game is downright appalling.
    • Up x 3
  7. bNy_

Guys calm down... Of course SOE gives Vanu the worst weapons, like always... Reason for this is because if they actually had the game balanced weapon & population wise Vanu would own every server all the time... Why you might wonder? Because the vast majority of TR and NC players are utterly trash while the Vanu faction attracts more people that aren't into the whole KD concept.

They don't balance this game after the top tier players... Which makes it pretty fun when they talk about bringing PS2 into the e-sport world and so on.
    • Up x 1
  8. Thentar

They just keep stacking on **** on top of ****. I keep hearing how great the VS weapons are if you get a few people to coordinate. Well NC and TR are even better if you coordinate. Anything the VS can kill with this new spit gun the TR and NC can kill 2x as fast and they'll be able to kill for almost 2x as long before needing to rearm.

The only real winner here will be VS engineers because our rearm xp will be faster. Oh wait no self respecting VS player will use this peace of **** after the first week so that won't be beneficial either.

VS population on Waterson is already crap at below 25% most of the time and the highest I've seen it in the last month and a half has been 28%. Might as well give VS on Waterson another reason not to play.
    • Up x 2
  9. The King

None of the weapons had recoil. So no, they're not going to make that have no recoil where you can hold the attack button and it'll just shoot in place. Everyone knows that they're not going to make it do that.

However, you're going to have to wait to see what they actually do with all the weapons.
  10. Stew360

Actually as always the VS ability and stuff will ruins this game and migth kill it some day ,

VS have always been a flawless game breakers and popyulations killers

iam pretty sure that 50 % of the first game pops have quit the game due to been farm by mag riders mowners and Scyth Ai weapons
    now the MAgrider will be buff once more and will ruins agains even more the infantry figths , the harasser could aso be a infantry dominator ,

+ now theyll ad a Super fast not slugish maxs so actually this is like a Heavy assault on steroids with 2 LMG instead of 1 youll have less oportunity to c4 them youll have probblems to play mouse and cats agains them so yeah

They should get rids of VS because they cause more problems than anything all there abilitys and all their design Qs are Stupid and game breaking

they never give the vs the damage penalty they are suposed to get to have better acuracy and moovement etc.. the vanguard whiout its shield is not anyware more resistant than the mag riders but it as a HUGE difference in the mobility and its back is much more exposed so its esayer for infantry to kill a vanguard or a prowler

VS are the cancer of this game
  11. Roland2TowerCame

I think the MBT change is nice.
    • Up x 1
  12. Van Dax

*cough* NC rockets have a higher velocity and more accuracy check the stats *cough*
    • Up x 4
  13. Thentar

correct ... and oh look the VS have the worst accuracy too!
    Look at the stats the VS are not accurate with this weapon.

People tried to use this excuse for the lancer ... it is very possible to miss
    Effectively the NC are getting 2 engineer turrets mounted on a max and we all know that engineer turrets are pretty much the most effective ranged AV in the game. At least all the empires are equal there.

Even if what you where saying was true the VS would have to have 2x the average hit rate to compensate. But if you look at other weapons stats you'll be hard pressed to find ESWs that in the same class where the hit rate is 2x better in one empire then the other.
    But you seem to not want to use your one braincell to understand this.

These are the same arguments that were used on the lancer and in reality the lancer ended up just as **** as most of us said it was.
    • Up x 2
  14. Reventine

The test Carv had strong vertical recoil and no side to side. It could be tricky to counter it's pull rate but I would have taken it over the random bullet deviation and recoil pattern of live server Carv any day. As for what they are going to do on live I have no idea but I don't think the Carv will see much change if any meaning that the TMG-50 is always going to be the first last and only real option for a TR heavy, that's pretty much the reason after I got Auraxium on the TMG-50 that I play Engineer almost exclusively now.
  15. The King

no

Before we had
    pARMOR
    and all those explosive stuff was doing pARMOR dmg.
    Now the dalton, shredder, AP, etc is doing SUPERARMOR dmg.

Everything has the same pARMOR as the SUPERARMOR on their vehicles.
    So it'll take the same amount of hits with these weapons that does SUPERARMOR damage.

However, pARMOR was increased on MBTs.
    So anything that did pARMOR dmg will still do the same pARMOR dmg, yet, these MBTs can withstand MORE dmg from that and that alone.
    Not from things that pierces armor like the whatever Higby said.
  16. Van Dax

I saw the stats for the vortex and I was like

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  17. Holomang

There will be a flood of tears tomorrow of Biblical proportions when people see how bad the Fracture wrecks infantry...
    • Up x 1
  18. The King

While testing it out, that long time to charge did the same damage as 3 quick shots. Charging it up is LESS DPS per second. They do have a burst dmg, but it = the same as 3 shots that is pretty fast. Why would you charge it??? *Charging it slows your damage down by a lot...
  19. Thentar

Wow you hit something 50m away...that is amazing...you are so ubba with your l33t skills. Tell me ... how much did you miss at that range with the NC max?

I also notice you were not moving at all... I'll have to remember to ask the vanguard and prowler crews not to fire at me while I stand perfectly still 50m away from them while I take 2x longer to kill them then the NC or TR would.
    • Up x 3
  20. Thentar

It also reduces your dps because if you miss you'll miss the whole charge instead of just 1 of many