GU011: IRNV Scopes nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Konfuzfanten, Jun 14, 2013.

1. CrimsonDaemon

I will never understand SOE and its nerfs. I like to use the IRNV sight because I can acquire targets quickly, engage effectively, and I sacrifice my FOV and my retinas to do so. The only other sights I use are the peep sights because I can pick them up quickly. With the other red dot sights, the dot is dim and hard to pick up as well as ugly looking on my guns. So I wonder why SOE doesnt make other sights just as viable instead of nerfing one to make sure they are all equally terrible.
  2. Konfuzfanten

Actually most of us are saying that
    a) the community doesnt want the nerf
    b) the IRNV already got downsides
    c) some of us are using it to compensate for graphics disadvantage of ultra settings VS low settings.
    d) 1x reflex is buggy and got a craptastic dot as big as a house.

So HA is the most played class and im pretty sure everyone have/are using it. So time to nerf the HA, then the a new class will rise to prominence and then we nerf that, because if everyone are using it...wait what? Your "all-are-using-it-nerf-it" argument makes no sense.

Its not like the IRNV scope is a "game changer", i dont think i have ever said to myself "did i just died because someone used IRNV", but nearly all the time i get killed on my inf while stealthed i say to myself "so is that guy good or playing on low settings?". Thats the difference between something being good-vs-sucky and game breaking/OP mechanics.

Its not the IRNV scope thats the problem, fix reflex 1-2x scopes and leave the IRNV scope alone.
  3. xen3000

IRNV has needed a nerf for a long time. May not be the ideal nerf, but it is acceptable.

P.S. Could the NC Reflex and Red-Dot sights get a smaller central dot now?
    • Up x 1
  4. Aiden

Why didn't they just make it not work during the day and in high-light situations?
  5. Bape

Wish they made a similar scope but not IRNV in it.
  6. Rue

I've reflected a bit; I'll try it on test, and if it's too fugly, I'll just cancel the sub and move on with my life.

My main issue is that I've poor visual acuity (I have Molevision [TM]) so I've really appreciated the IRNV. All the other scopes (and I have literally tried them all in VR) seem to be quite poor in comparison.
    • Up x 2
  7. zib1911

Ok either way they nerfed your toy, you can make all the out of context comparisons you like. DEAL WITH IT.
  8. Konfuzfanten

1/10
    Weak reply, no argument; troll effort at an all time low.

Ohh yea and you rejoiced back when the ZOE 8 duration timer nerf thing was made public, how did that work out for you?
  9. IamDH

IRNV scopes allow you to see at close ranges
    Adding a delay just made it terrible at close
    Must play before i comment tho
    Maybe the delay will be tiny?
  10. Delnoir

Current nerf in a nutshell:

"What? You...you want to actually see things? In an FPS game? HAHAHAHAHAHA--NO."
    • Up x 2
  11. Macchus

i think the 2x sight have a smaller rds .. if that is still an issue for you ...
  12. Macchus

wow quite possibly the worst example of LA in action i have ever seen lol...

in the same vein as this

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Tasogie

LOl I had been online bout 2 min, we are not all 13, an it takes some of us a while to get our eye in, an get into it... That video shows EXACTLY how bad the scope is for LA in the air., an it also by the way shows how bad tankers are situational awareness. if I had of not lost those C4, that Vanguard would have been dead because it would have been HIS fault. I dont much care if you didn't like it because I didn't kill 100 people with 1 bullet. The video was originally designed to show the quality of the visuals... It just happened to show LA, an C4 use at time.
  14. Macchus

as someone said before ... LA should not be able to shoot very well while flying anyways ... pretty much all the scopes are bad for shooting people in the air .. as for your 13 comment , i cant believe you stooped to that level and still think you can or should be taken seriously ...

http://3.bp.************/_-QlLNAUJ9XM/SbvrhJadTTI/AAAAAAAAAec/boczARgx5ao/s400/baby_ugly.jpg
  15. Tasogie

oh dont be so precious, I wasnt calling you 13, I was saying that young ones tend not to need as much time to "get into it"...
    • Up x 1
  16. Tasogie

I have slow tracking time, I guess you could call it. Usually I shoot foot to left or right an then it takes me a bit to move onto the target. With the IR scope I can cut that down alot to be much quicker than normal.
  17. Halvorana

Meh in 6 months the designers will put sway on iron sights.

It really is sickening to the community when SOE designers just make random unjustified fixes to in game items.
    • Up x 3
  18. Goretzu

My issue is they are just going for a silly "fix" for an issue that could be changed in many ways, and that under it all is basically an issue with the game (bunny hopping and such should be delt with directly IMO) not so much the scope.

This makes as much sense as putting turret sway on a MBT because they decide it's "too good".
  19. Zapon

this

keep in mind guys, the IRNV has been nerfed before, so the fact they continously are nerfing it- makes no sense

proof? Feast your eyes -
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ndard-optics-night-vision-irnv-thermal.53280/
    PS is certainly no Socom Confrontatino/ARMA 2/OA/3/etc when it comes to not cutting corners on the night vision thing.
    • Up x 1
  20. Morti

Eh, I'm ok with this. Infra-red night vision is for low-light situations, e.g nighttime. Not something you should be running 24/7 to be your infantry locating crutch.
    • Up x 2