GU011: IRNV Scopes nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Konfuzfanten, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Vanus Aran

The community wants a lot of stuff not and its still going to happen.

- Magburnernerf, Saron-nerf, ZOE-nerf, Biolabroof-nerf.

Cant you see the game is making too much fun? Thats overpowered.
  2. MisterBond

>"VS doesn't want Magburner nerf, Sauron nerf, ZOE nerf

This is making the game too fun for VS, They love overpowered stuff. The other factions should just roll over and take it"

Fixed that for you
    • Up x 2
  3. Goretzu

I agree it's maddness to have "sway" on a 1x scope. If they want to nerf range more, fair enough (I suppose), but adding all this artifical nonsense that makes no sense just because their other similar scops suck and there are issues with night and enemy visibility makes no sense at all.

I mean this makes as much sense as them saying "knives are overperforming according to our arbitary figures...... we have added scope swap to knives to counter this". o_O
    • Up x 1
  4. phreec

Sway is a fair nerf to it since it's not affected by movement bobbing or screenshake in any way. Maybe now you guys should learn to use irons or other optics that don't paint the enemy for you.
  5. Mambakiller

i know to use iron sights also, i mainly use the in/rv because during night time it is very hard to see vanu players.
    Secondly, i should not be forced to swap to an underated sight, if i do good with this, in order 2 to learn" how to play,as you suggested....
    Next time you try to troll, try harder.
    • Up x 3
  6. Umrtvovacz

What? SWAY?!? I hate sway, i don't use any weapon or scope which gives sway, now I am gonna have sway on SMG? What the hell, I am not the one who complains and whines on forums, but this is really wrong, I have to speak up.
    • Up x 4
  7. Kuklakot

Adding sway is just lazy cop out. It's clear that developers want more reasons to use other scopes and IRNV is currently the best choice in most situations, but balancing it out didn't require illogical solutions like adding sway. They could:

- add some shake when aiming on the move
    - reduce ADS speed
    - make it disengage when jumping/falling (to even it out compared to other scopes)
    - make doritos not show for distant targets (to prevent extending effective range by spotting targets, then shooting under the mark)

That's just some of the things I made up in a minute. There's no need to solve balance problems with things that make no sense. Doing so as a developer is just admitting your inability/lack of desire to resolve the problem properly.
    • Up x 3
  8. Aractain

I bet adding sway is a lot quicker though LOL

I don't think sway is the right answer though.
    • Up x 1
  9. S1eB

Most people use the IRNV scope for the crosshairs and not the actual night vision.

Wish they would just give us the option of several different types of crosshairs we can put on whatever scope we want.
    • Up x 3
  10. Hubs

This isn't a nerf on a scope, it's a nerf on a people who can play the game on high graphics setting.

Maybe this was the idea all along: it's deliberate that so many people can't get the game to run smoothly, so the few of us who can (and we do seem to be the minority) are now going to have to turn our graphics all the way down until we get rid of all those pesky grasses and scenery. I really do not want to play a game with graphics from 2007.

And another 18 months wait until the open Beta for War hammer Endless Crusades starts :(
    • Up x 1
  11. phreec

I'm not trolling, I just find crutches like the IRNV scope stupid.
  12. Hubs

It's not so much a crutch as a good leveller. Try looking up 'competitive graphics settings' for just about any PC shooter and you'll see what I mean. The idea is to turn off as much of the scenery, colours and so on, so that it's easier to see things to shoot. And you know what? It really, really works in most games.

Problem is it obliges everyone to play on butt ugly settings. Things like the IRNV scope help level that out.
    • Up x 3
  13. Kozmyk

But it's not just Black or White is it?
    The ambient light changes are gradual so where would you apply the blinding nerf?
  14. Firmware

Merry ******* Christmas, Space-Elves.
  15. Vanus Aran

You suffered so much.
    Well - you answered yourself in a way.
    No one gives a flying fart.
  16. Posse

This, I'm using the scope only at night because I want the game to look pretty (i.e. somewhat dark nights with max settings) while being able to shoot at something, but without this scope I won't see **** as my settings are right now, so I'll have to resort to switching to the iron sights while turning the gamma up, which is sad, really, give us night vision googles at least if you're making this ****** change.
  17. HerpTheDerp

How about instead just make it work like an actual IRNV and greatly exaggerate any light sources on the screen?

- your own muzzle flash(basically you HAVE to equip the muzzle flash stopper for IRNV to be usable)
    - any passive light sources(possibility for enemies to "hide" next to lamps, etc.)
    - enemy flashlights should blind you completely at 10m or less(assuming they're pointed at you)
    • Up x 1
  18. Kingside

Not much more needs to be said on how bad an idea the scope nerf is:

Imposibility of seeing VS at night (will get even worse after the black camos go in)? Check
    Red dot on 1x and 2x reflex scopes covering the target? Check
    Absurdity of scope sway on a 1x scope? Check

These other issues need to be addressed before nerfing the only good scope in the game
    • Up x 2
  19. Umrtvovacz

And I also don't expect them to go the extra mile and make it a special sway state just for the IR/NV, I think they will just use sniper rifle scope state with it's ridiculous sway. Because if they wanted to put a lot of work into this scope they wouldn't give it a sway and delay in the first place, both being cheap, fast and not at all thought out changes.
    • Up x 1
  20. Halvorana

This is what bothers me most about SOE design team.... why is this above all the other completely screwed up stuff in the game being looked at all?

Did a designer just get blasted high and wander into work on Monday... "Aweeee dude, uhhhhhhh, what was it I was gonna fix... uhhhhhh... scopes... NS.... night time...... NV Scopes!"

STOP FIXING STUFF THAT IS NOT BROKE.
    • Up x 3