[BUG] Give us diversity for the goodness sake!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ConradHorse, Aug 28, 2015.

1. ConradHorse

I deliberately called it a bug. It's a bug in planning. Don't you guys out there have more creativity?

When far far ago I was shot down by a NC with a jackhammer, I was pissed off and said: WHAT?! WHAT HWAS THAT?! WHY... Okay, chap, you so clever? Then taste my CHAINGUN!

Today, when I see enemy, my only reactions are ... <calculator> hmm ow he hit me with this 167 dmg. My TMG-50 has 167.. respawn.. yawn.

OMFG!!!!

Can't you really do something SUPER EXTRA UNIQUE?! Instead of cloning guns and their specs to all these factions? You want to bore us to death? If you read forums, you have dozens if not hundreds of player ideas. Some of them are only a few lines of code, some of them are <bring back the state from what was a year ago>. Do you guys read this forum at all?

Btw I praise you for the ANT but it's a small step (and I hope it will look UNIQUE for the factions, maybe TR will ANT will have turrets? and VS will be able to cloak / teleport?) OR MAYBE GIVE ANT ONLY TO NC? AND GIVE TR SOME WARHOG? And VS a mobile teleporter? or cloning machine?

I dont' think so

So you start thinking guys, it's prime time (later may be too late)
    • Up x 2
  2. Ryo313

exactly >.> they've gone even so far to copy the TR ESRL Striker and rename it NS Swarm >.>
    i wonder whats next... NS Chaingun?
    TR gets a joke of a buff for the striker and they are making a better "Striker" for everyone .. i mean dafuq? o_O
    daybreak whats wrong?
    listen to the community for once!
    nobody asked for the swarm! we don't need that "weapon" !
    • Up x 2
  3. FateJH

Personally, your anecdote sounds like more of a "you" problem than one stemming from you both having 167/*** weapons.
    • Up x 1
  4. ConradHorse

Sorry, could you explain me what the "you problem" ?

Anyways, yes the problem is that we both have the same damage, the same firerate, the same range , and the same sound of the weapon (micro differences don't count) they even look quite the same in FPP
  5. ConradHorse

ok, I've checked the dictionary.
    Well, it's not only "my" problem
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/why-is-dbg-not-getting-my-money.231985/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/new-ns-chain-gun.231986/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...oking-forward-to-in-the-august-update.231959/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hard-light-cannons.231980/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/its-time-for-tr-and-nc-to-get-a-laser-plasma-ns-weapon-its-fair-that-we-get-one-and-fits-the-lore.186783/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...her-level-optics-for-prowler-main-gun.231979/
    sorry, don't have time to dig into more posts
    I want the game to be better, that's not ranting, that's suggesting and motivating, so don't make "me" problem, ok? Motivating is ofter perceived as offense. But it's productive, not counter-productive. You've motivated me to check what the "you" problem is, I checked, gave examples, learned a new word. The outcome is positive. I hope you get the analogy. Besides, attitude matters. I am a big fan of PS2 and I recommend this game to everyone I meet. And I want it to be even better!
  6. FateJH

Well, let me do some projection, just based on your retelling of the accounts.

In the first one, you were doing some kind of vague activity when you were taken upon by a NC Heavy with a Jackhammer. He thoroughly wiped the floor with you, such to the point that it drove you to a moment of bombastic outburst (allegedly). Upon respawn, you became indignant, switched to your heavy Assault load-out, and charged back out there with what most probably was a T7 Mini-Chaingun spinning up. No real thought or planning and you might not have even understood how the weapons - either the one you were holding or the one the enemy was using - worked in terms of the game. The result is a positive experience to you, very Leeroy Jenkins.

Your second situation is not as exciting and, actually, is much more episodic. Instead of approaching the encounter, either a future one or a previous one, with a defiant nature, you instead approach it from an analytical one. You dissassemble the enemy's weapon (that you recognize) into the categories you are "interested" in and compare it against a selection of weapons you own, also in the categories in which you are "interested." The result is a negative experience.

That's the "you" problem. Faction diversity may be an issue - and it definitely is - but the example you listed is more a case where your changing approach to the game has ruined your experience. It might have even been so early in your PlanetSide experience that you did not know about the way the T7 works in raw numbers or you were surprised about the existence of the Jackhammer or just did not recognize it in your enemy's hands. I am not even blaming the mental calculation here but, rather, that you let your meta-knowledge of how the game operates get in the way of your enjoyment of the game. You could have easily compared the T7 instead of the TMG in the second instance and broken down its "interesting" stats and run the same comparisons in your mental calculation. In your first scenario, the T7 was your go-to; but, you didn't think about it. That was the enjoyable aspect - not being able to think about it too hard. There's nothing stopping you from taking the same cold approach to what you now, previously, or later-on deem as an actually enthralling weapon option - that which you desire - and breaking it down into sterile information, and thus harming the experience for you all the same.
    • Up x 2
  7. Ryo313

just tested the striker 2.0 aka NS Swarm and that **** is op and gamebreaking.
    why DBG did you even make this weapon?
    1. its an op version of the Striker
    2. you take the TR and turn them into NS.
    so whats next? NS Phoenix? NS Lancer?

instead of making new weapons nobody asked for .. fix the current problems first! TR still lacks in long range AV: both infantry and MAX units don't really have something.
    Fractures are still UP compared to their counterparts
    Striker is still UP compared to its counterparts

or what about all those hackers? is it ok to hack now? because it seems nobody even cares about them anymore

i lost faith in DBG. they don't listen to their community ... the ones who are playing the game and are paying for it. nope instead DBG says "ty for the money we don't give a **** what you say go here buy another weapon instead" i mean srsly dafuq daybreak

i'm speechless for how idiotic the new weapon and your current development is.
  8. Deffington

Ryo, Swarm is not same as Striker. In fact, only thing they have in common is a magazine (ok, and the drawback of being exposed while emptying it). Sniper rifle has a mag, SMG has a mag, you won't say they are the same, right? The use is different...

Well, they did get close range weapons, but they have a bit different damage model. Why are you not crazy about same stats on battle rifles and scout rifles?
  9. OldMaster80

They should stop implementing NS stuff for a while.

The fact is the NS items are very valuable for developers: one weapon / vehicle can be sold to three factions, so they save a lot of extra work. And less cries for balancing.

Imho NS weapons and vehicles shouldn't even exist, even Sunderers and Lightnings should be different from faction to faction.
    For instance VS have the technology to make their vehicle fly... why don't they do the same with all their vehicles?

Sorry I've tested it on PTS and it's exactly the same as the first version of the Striker when it has been released. The Striker NOW is a different weapon because it has been nerfed and changed 3 times, but believe, the Swarm is the Striker with 3 rockets instead of 5, and 2 fire modes. And I'm afraid it will be as OP as the first version of the Striker was (hard to test, since last time on PTS population was ME).
    • Up x 1
  10. Ryo313

remember the old striker? lock on only ... the only difference between the swarm and the striker is the mag size and the fact that you can change the rocket speed thats it... its basically the old striker with a little tweak here and there.

its way to similar to the old striker. i wonder what you'd say if they make an NS Phoenix with let's say ... beeing able to switch from video guidance to air lock on or something like that ... don't get me wrong tho the swarm is as said above way to similar to the striker and shares the TR specific traits
  11. Deffington

I'm talking about Striker that is now. It doesn't matter how it was before - now you have different weapon.

To the NS stuff, you have a good point. But it is not necessarily a bad thing to add a weapon for everyone. For example if they added NS battlerifle, they can finally do something about BR directive. There is also space to make current (or new) battlerifles that would have faction traits. Yes, battlerifles are my pain... I guess everybody here has some...
  12. ConradHorse

ehh.. ok ;)
  13. OldMaster80

It matters a lot instead because it has been changed because it was incredibly OP and the Swarm is exactly the same. But we'll never find out because no one is testing it properly and devs stated they expect at least 2 weeks of cries.
  14. Jac70

I agree with the sentiment but also understand the massive issues there are with giving faction traits to weapons.Balancing 3 empires with unique weapons becomes a minefield. Anytime they introduce a faction specific element it's only a matter of time before you get endless whining posts. OMFG Orion .75 multiplier WTF1!!!!! kill me now, and that is something that is barely even tangible.