[Suggestion] Get rid of Medical kits, it's just used by experience players to Camp and kill newer players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, Jan 9, 2022.

1. JustGotSuspended

How did you survive long enough to get around that corner tho? Ur enemies screwed up. Medket addresses that little bit of damage so you can fight fair, without needing to lose your position just because you lost like 100 health after beating 30 dudes.

Lmao my kd on most my characters is below 2. Again, stats like that don't really matter in a game where you can pull a bastion and go on a 1000+ killstreak.

You're just salty you died, and instead of blaming your poor aim/approach to the engagement, you decided the guy was playing ez mode with OP toys. There's nothing OP about being full health - or actually half health, cuz let's be clear, the max a medic will give you is 499.
    • Up x 1
  2. AntDX316

It takes time to use a med kit. Time that could've been used for reloading or shooting something else. It also cost a lot and adds up. After spending 8x Med kits you could've just pulled a Max but that sometimes ends up dying fast though at times 1 Max can room clear and hold many infantry who aren't carrying explosives.
    • Up x 1
  3. G.O.A.T

Dude, ADSing around a corner as a heavy, taken hits, and hiding before dying, is easy as hell to do...Really is, you can just runaway/medkit after that.

Only Forumside do peopl have to get 100% headshots or else they screwed up....Sorry but disengaging is easy as hell in this game, specially as a heavy...It's easy to disengage and run off to heal up, super easy.

You don't deserve ASAP health back, sorry you don't...Like I said, make players earn it by surviving 10-13 seconds....You don't lose position, you survive 10 seconds, and you stay where you are at, seems very fair.....but that's the thing, you don't want fair, you want easy killstreaks/dominations.

There is something very OP about running away for 8 seconds and returning with full health/shields...Makes the game way easier.

Without medkits, people like you wouldn't be able to go on killstreaks.
    • Up x 2
  4. G.O.A.T

Takes time? LMFAO....While I runaway/zigzag, I use it....Literally like a second, then I just have to run away/hide for 5-8 seconds....Super easy to do with all the corners in this game....Also if theres friendlies nearby, it makes it even easier to run to them and survive.

Medkits have never made my nanites run out, 50 nanite ain't much....If I do my job correctly Im surving 4+ minutes, by that time I will make my 200 Nanites from my 4 medkits, if I use them all before dying...It's not like c4 which is a blackhole for nanites(sometimes u don't even get a kill because of bugs/good defense).
  5. Term

Post character stats, mr "I dominate entire areas with regen 5".

Also everything you've typed out is incoherent blabbering. As long as you are intentionally limiting what the top end of players can do, you are lowering the skill ceiling. Removing medkits limit what skilled players can pull off, so you are lowering the skill ceiling. Its that simple, all your dribbling doesn't change that simple fact.
    • Up x 1
  6. G.O.A.T

Except you aren't limiting what players can do....You can still dominate areas without any medkits/Restoration or anything, it's harder, dodging/tactics matter more....but you can still do it...I do it all the time....Nothing is limited, medkits just make it way the hell easier.

Removing medkits doesn't limit anything a player can do....It's not a mechanic like jumping or anything like that, restoration kit provides the same gameplay(of switching to it and pressing mouse button in 1 second/zig zagging/running away).....Same exact gameplay except now you have to wait 10-13 seconds.....You know make it a bit harder/more challenging, more skillful while also making the game more balanced....Nothing at all is limiting here.

All Medkit does, is make it easier to go on killstreaks/dominating, that's it....It makes it easier, that is less skill, no matter how you look at it.....You just want it an easy way to dominate people, that's it.

Easy as hell to dominate multiple opponents with medkit, easy as hell to pray on n00b/regular players like this...People like you wouldn't be able to dominate/go on killstreaks without easy medkits, thus you will do anything to protect it since all you care about is Camping/Padding kills/certs....I know your type, you don't give a damn about balance or actual skill.
  7. Term

1.) If you weren't limiting what players were capable doing by removing medkits, then removing medkits wouldn't have any effect, but according to you it makes it easy to chain kills, so you are contradicting yourself. Either the removal limits what a good player can do, or it doesnt. If it doesn't, then removing it serves no purpose other than fulfilling your weirdo flights of fancy, so either way im right.

2.) It adds an outplay option. You return to cover and you can reset back to 500hp and try to immediately reengage, or wait until your shields are back up. I can prove that it adds a mechanic to the game. Ive also just proven that it wouldnt provide the same gameplay, because you wouldnt be able to have that aggressive repeek option.

3.) as for more skillful combat, you literally have nothing to back yourself up here. Getting the jump on someone is worth more than any medkit, and if you need the guy to not have a medkit in order to kill him, then you were the one who whiffed and ****** up hard. You should not be rewarded for that, but your brain just cant seem to comprehend that

As for your last point, its pretty laughable. I need to win both my first engagement, heal up, then win the second engagement with only 500hp. According to you, me winning the first and second handicapped engagement was solely due to medkit? Or did I outshoot both the first and second guy, who floundered and couldnt finish the kill.

This strongly indicates to me your a not so good player who shouldnt be lecturing other people about skill. Post char stats to prove otherwise.
    • Up x 2
  8. JustGotSuspended

Yeah exactly. If you get the drop on someone you typically have a window of 200-500ms before the dude actually reacts. First he needs to see you, and then process the fact he needs to react to being shot at. That window falls reasonably within the ttk of a person landing only bodyshots, so imagine how fast you can kills someone with headshots, without giving them a chance to react.

If somehow the dudes able to pop a medkit and walk away like nothing happened, that's the other person's fault lol. HE should've never lived long enough to pop that medkit in the first place lmao.

Yeah the way he describes these unplausible, incohesive situations makes me believe he either doesn't play infantry, or plays so bad it'd make not difference whether he played it or not.

The fact he's ignored the calls to show some proof when claiming he can dominate everyone with regen 5 or whatever just solidifies this belief.

Should've been clear by the title of the thread tbh he's either a troll or someone who doesn't play. This guy's acting like medkits are some op weapon that can singlehandedly change the outcomes of a 1v1, something even the worst players can use after screwing up as a reverse uno card - an 'I win' button. Obviously this guy's got no idea what he's talking about lmao
  9. Term

Your on a forum in the year of our lord 2021 for a game with the fraction of its original pop. Of course you'll run into real, genuine cretins. Im not feeding him until he posts character stats
    • Up x 1
  10. JustGotSuspended

true :D
  11. G.O.A.T

According to your idiotic logic, all the nerfs/balances that they have done for the game like nerfing ZOE, just minimized the skill level of the game....even though ZOE back in the day was Easy mode, super easy mode, and like Medkits, it also made killstreaks easy as hell....According to your idiotic logic, this diminished the skillcap of the game lol.

1. Yes you are nerfing what the players does, instead of healing ASAP in 1 second...they heal in 10 seconds, overtime.....It makes chainskills more skillful...I want more skill to the game...This is balance...Again according to your idiotic logic, all nerfs to inbalances in the game are bad for skill even though most the time these balances actually makes it way more skillful to play the "nerfed" class/etc.....It doesn't limit the player, it just makes it a tad bit more skillful to pull off things...Again its called balance.

Limiting will be something that changes gameplay mechanics like canceling bunny hoping as someone else was claiming earlier in an APEX comparison, this is the context we were using skillcap limits....This doesn't change direct gameplay like bunny hoping etc...It just makes the heal be overtime instead of ASAP.....Of course you don't want this because it will be harder to Camp/do killstreaks....You just want it to be easy.

2. That's a safe your *** card.....Yes you will be able to pull off BS that saves you ASAP, and will allow you to go back and make an easy comeback kill in 5-8 seconds or less since 500Hp could be enough to pull of a comeback......That isn't a gameplay mechanic, that's easy mode.......We need Consequences for getting shot in the face, it doesn't make sense how you recover ASAP health but ur shield takes 5 seconds atleast lol..

BTW You can still do that without a medkit....You get shot wait 5-8 seconds for some shield and reengage...I do it all the time..It could be done with restoration kit as well....However it will be harder to pull of BS 1-2 second Medkit comebacks, but I done it without a shield and no health, I done these comeback, and gone to do huge killstreaks, it's just harder to pulloff.....The gameplay is still there, you can still be aggressive, it just takes more skill to pulloff...Again medkits are easy mode, it saves your *** and makes you do easy comeback, specially against newer players...You want easy comeback kills.

3. The game is full of corners and you have endless sprint...It's not about somebody screwing up, it's easy as hell to disengage in a fight and runaway for 5-8 and heal super quick....Only in forumside do people get 100% headshots thus is impossible for people to escape lol...Sorry most of the time you are at distance/corner to runoff if you start losing a fight, it is specially easy for HA to runoff......The ASAP quick medkit makes it way easier since now you don't have to hide/runoff for long, in 5 seconds, just with some shield you could easily make a comeback......It's just a save your *** card, it has saved me plenty of times.....A person should not be saved/rewarded for turning the corner/zigzagging/running off/ switching weapons and within a second heal themselves, it's an instant save...They should work for it, let the heal work overtime and survive.....

Again I dominated towers with Medkits and without medkits.

Without medkits, running away/skill matters way more...With medkits, it's easy as hell, I can do mistakes and I heal myself asap..
    The medkits change everything, it makes it way easier to engage two person..I need to kill 1 guy, I lose 70% in that engagement, then I ASAP HEAL, now I just wait 5 seconds and I can probably destroy the other guy, not even with full shields...Yep that's only possible because of medkits.. If you're skillful, which you aren't, you will still be able to do it without the medkit but it would be harder at 30% health.....Sorry I shouldn't be rewarded that easy with medkits, it doesn't add skill to the game, it just makes it easier for me to dominate.

You wouldn't be able to live without a medkit and pulloff your killstraks that easily, is that simple and the reason why you don't want it gone...It affects ur bottom line of Kills/Cert farming.

All of this indicates that you wouldn't be able to go easily on killstreaks/dominate without ur medkit, thus here you are defending it

You post your character and it better have 100% headshots/great accuracy.
  12. G.O.A.T

What? If Im a heavy Around a corner ADAD or ADSING, and some guy from the side/front side shoots me, gets the first hit, I can just run to the other side quickly..It's super easy to runaway if somebody gets the drop on you, specially as a heavy....Unless somebody is literally like 1 meter away, it's pretty easy to runaway and recover in 5-8 seconds.

Again only in forumside do people get 100% headshots at all distances...most people don't get 100% headshots, it's easy as hell to runaway as heavy and recover...You people are delusional to say otherwise and clearly underplaying it so the devs won't nerf it.

There is no consequence being a heavy with a medkit, easy as hell to runaway if you get shot....inb4 but but it's the person fault for not getting 1m away from the heavy and headshotting em lol.

Medkits make killstreaks/camping easy as hell, it's a fact, the fact you are here acting all in denial when people who play this game know the reality....and yes in 1 vs 1s they change everything because it allows u to quickly make a comeback.....if it was slower, it will change everything.

and here you are attacking me and my stats lol...You show your stats, and it better have 100% headshot accuracy/great accuracy.
  13. Term

1.) Its a nerf intended specifically for uptime, which is entirely skill ceiling based. something like ZOE is direct power buff across all skill lvls for anyone using zoe, while.medkits only benefit people who can... win their engagements. Dumb take

2.) The consequence for getting shot in the face is dying. Medkits are NOT a way to survive a death unless you disengaged before your opponent opens fire, or if your opponent is a dumpster bin player. Likewise, pushing with 500hp only works if your opponent isnt expecting you to repeek (if they are bad). See a commonality in the complaints here?

3.) If you have the jump, the other guy will have a 150ms/250ms delay before they can take action. You can chain a mix of headshots and bodyshots to kill them. If people are consistently escaping you, thats on you.

Bonus topic.) I like how you tried to use the exact same quip with the quote box I did, real creative. Your also the one claiming an anecdotal point (" I personally dominate towers without medkits") and you constantly make points using your own experiences, so you need to prove you have the actual skill to back said anecdotes.

https://ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=terming8r&show=weapons
    I posted my stats, now post yours.
  14. JustGotSuspended

No it's not lol. Unless the dude's got potato aim or ran out of ammo. And again, 5-8s in a game where ttk is consistently below 0.5s, is pretty long. Like I could've killed you at least 16 times before you're full health again.

No one said anything about 100% hsr. I said ttk even with only bodyshots often kills faster than the 2-4ms it takes for you to appear on someone's screen and for them to react. No one's asking you to land headshots. However, the skilled player would land most if not all headshots, killing the player near instantly, before they have a chance to pop a medkit. Even a player going for the body shouldn't be able to let you escape. If they do, it's their fault. If you managed to escape, it's your skill.

Asides for the movement penalty, swap time, nanite cost and the fact you're vulnerable while using it. And also you don't have C4 to deal with maxes, vehicles, and large groups of infantry.

If you can make a comeback at a disadvantage with your shields down and only your health, while being fired at, that's pretty skilled. Yeah I'd agree most pistols are a bit BS in that regard, and would require a hs mulitplier nerf so the full health person chasing can't get 1hk by a dude who clientsided him with a pistol after turning a corner. But in that instance, the medkit would've made little/no difference anyways, since the pistol's ttk is too short for the opponent to react (damage the dude), so it's not like he'd lose health regardless.

Lol you're the one calling me a camper and telling us about how unskilled we are, while telling us you dominate everything no medkits required.

I don't have 100% hsr, far from it. The most I can reliably do during a session when tryharding is between 69-72% hsr, but my kpm takes a drastic drop, and I don't find that kind of gameplay too fun, I'm mostly about directives. During my daily sessions I'm between 30-35% hsr, with 2+ kdr and 2-3kpm. So average, or slightly below. I've never in all my 9+ years of play experienced someone disengage and win because they popped a medkit. Either I blast the dude, he blasts me, or we both die.

Sure sometimes I'm caught running somewhere and I have to evade and then pop a medkit before engaging or backing off. But in the middle of an engagement? Never. If that did happen it'd be very humiliating.

Here's a couple of my chars, still waiting for you to even post one:

• Up x 1
  15. Scroffel5

I can see where you are coming from with med-kits. I think they should be toned down a little. Medics should be a more central part of the game in a battle, and I think medic mains will adapt to working with beast players who happen to spam medics a lot more while they go solo if they were dialed down. They are quite strong right now and a go-to for a lot of people.
  16. G.O.A.T

1)Medkits effect people who can escape engagements and win engagements...Really easy to run away, really easy specially as heavy, the medkit makes it way easier to make quick comebacks compared to restoration kit(but you can still make combacks with restoration kit, just takes more skill)......Medkits being nerfed will only make it harder to go on killstreaks/camp, thus requiring more skill.

2) LMFAO, no dude, no....People don't have 100% headshot rate or accuracy in this game...If you get shot, alot of time you can disengage and run away specially if you have friendlies nearby....According to you, all fights in Planetside end with someone dying within a second, complete BS, people move all the time, screens are shaking etc....Unless you are literally 2 feet away from someone, it's kind of easy to escape......even at 2ft close, you can zigzag and runaway if there's a doorway nearby.

500hp is enough to make comebacks, it makes it super easy..Yes 1-2 bullets is all it takes but with fast ttk, that's all it takes to make a comeback...it's really easy to do, specially if you have some shield.

3) ummm if you have a jump and somebody is a distance, they can qucikly escape, happens all the time......again the game is full of corners/doorways so even in close distance is possible......So no it has nothing to do with accuracy, it's just easy to runaway in this game, and it's very normal to do so.

Yes I play this game....and I know how much easier dominating/camping anything is with a medkit...Sorry it's undeniable, no stats are needed for this.

As for your stats... around 30% accuracy, not bad, but yet here you are, talking as if anytime you shoot someone in planetside they die ASAP and never escape lol....so full of it lol.

For a Forumsider who preaches perfect aim, I expected way better stats....After seeing your stats, I see why you're against medkits lol.

Your k/d ratio is 1.37 and kpm is .8 with medkits...Imagine what they would be without medkits lol:D .....That's the real fear right there, why you don't want medkits to be removed, your K/D ratio and kill per minute will go down since it will take more skill to pull off.
  17. G.O.A.T

Yes it's a long time but there's corner/dorrways/cover everywhere....easy as hell to run away, specially if you have some distance....5-8 seconds is not that long, once you're at the 5 seocnd mark you have some shield and can make a comeback, depending on where the enemy is, how close.....Only in forumside is the ttk .5 each and everytime, people miss all the time.

"the skilled player would land most if not all headshots, killing the player near instantly" LMFAO, not true at all, complete BS...Check your own stats, your headshot rate is at 15%-30% lol....and you're a decent-good player....Imagine what regular players gets....Headhots/dying super quick does not happen all the time unless you are seriously right infront of someone, but most of the time, there is some distance....A heavy with a shield, will have more than enough time against your average player.

All that takes around a second to switch and put the medkit, so it's not that much of vulnerability....it gives you the chance at a comeback, within 5-8 seconds or 1-2 seocnds since 500hp is sometimes enough.....That's a huge buff.....Nanite cost? LMFAO, just stop, it's not a blackhole for nanites like c4...If you are good with your medkits, you should live 4+ minutes, that's enough to never run out of nanites ever when using the medkits...It's gonna be really hard to reach ZERO nanites with just medkits.

If you can make a comeback, yeah it's skilled but the medkit made it easier....you can make a comeback without a medkit either, and is much more skillful and harder....Comeback will always exist, I'm for comebacks I like them but they are too easy right now with the medkit, way too easy.

You people attacked me first, basically saying "no problem here just aim better".....It's true I dominate places without a medkit, everyone can do that, is just harder to do without a medkit.....I don't believe you, I played this game since beta, if im in engagement and theirs distance/cover between, it's very easy to disengage, happens all the time...even in close distance it can happen if you run to a doorway quick enough.

I played against you, you're pretty good.....Most planetside players aren't that good and are normal players, their aim is not that great, it's easy as hell to disengage from them....Sorry but the medkit is being used to pray on these normalish players and it's ruining balance/fun since it makes it too easy to go on killstreaks/dominations.
  18. JustGotSuspended

You realize 0.5 is being generous right. Most of the time you die near instantly, most bodyshot ttks closer to 0.2s. I mean if they miss all the time, it's their fault. How are you going to remove medkits to allow lesser skilled players to be rewarded more for their lack of skill?

As I said, I'm like average/below average. Sure if I tryhard I can reach maintain around 70% hsr for hundreds of kills, but my other stats drop :oops:

Anyways a skilled player would land all their headshots and kill the player near instantly. I'm not skilled so I don't land all my headshots, I land a couple though and everyone dies without popping a medkit. I don't think anyone's ever disengaged from me without me killing them or them killing me first. In any case, if I allow someone to escape, I'm reasonable enough to admit that's my fault, and if we both got medkits to reset our engagement who cares.

The HA with a shield argument is silly. 403 health + movement penalty makes you an easier target for like 2 extra headshots. Sure it helps against some players, but usually you can take out heavies with a shield no problem, and more often then not before they can activate their shield if you aim well.

It gives you the chance for a comeback, you still need skill to achieve it. And again, in 1s it takes to pop the medkit you couldve died 4 times and with the 500 health you can take 2-3 hs.

You realize 4 medkits still costs more than C4 right. Both aren't going to cause you to run out of nanites unless you are going kamikaze. But it takes skill to survive long enough for those nanites to regenerate, whether you use C4 or medkits. And if you're not skilled and dying too fast, medkits are gonna drain you faster as explained mathematically before. Only difference is C4 gives the possibility for a kill, medkits just give you a bit more health and actually rely on you

Eh I'd say the problem lies more in the fact even without popping a medkit I can go behind a corner and pop a full health dude with the commi or something and he'll never know what hit him. It's the players fault for not being skilled enough to kill me before I can do that, but it's also the games fault for introducing such low ttk weapons which in combination with the clienside effect make it near impossible to react to them. Medkit is a helper sure, but it seriously doesn't do much, as said earlier most people pop them without even being below half health, so in a sense, it acts kinda like survivalist.

Been playing since beta as well, never had this issue you describe. I have however had times where the medkit doesn't actually work though - as in it gives no health or gives me health on my screen but too late on the other client so I die instantly despite having been saved on my screen. Rarely happens now though since you either face a skilled player and die instantly or face a bad player and don't die at all.

Anyways still no stats to prove anything....

Ok dude yeah if ur engaging a heavy with an smg from 300m away sure I expect the dude to react and survive. But if you're engaging in realistic scenarios, it's the attacker's fault for not securing the kill, no matter how you look at it. Even if you engage at range and don't win it's your fault for misjudging the effective range of your weapon (or you skill). Don't see why we should punish players reacting appropriately for other's mistakes.

So yeah it's a tool to help skilled players fend off lesser skilled players. So by removing it you'd want to lower the skill ceiling to allow those lesser skilled players a chance to earn the kill despite all their mistakes. Instead of getting better and/or learning how to use medkits themselves, you'd want the lesser skilled players to keep doing what they're doing and be rewarded despite missing most their shots. And punish the better players by giving them longer downtimes between recovering for engagements - or remove their possibility to recover to even grounds altogether. Yeah dude, doesn't sound very good.

19. Term

I deny it, now post stats to prove it. Oh wait you can't, because your stats don't back literally anything you say. What are you afraid of hiding? But anyway:

Nice statistical analysis ****ter, but I didn't log in on the first day and start off at 1.37kd for 3 years straight. I started off like any bad player, and I improved myself drastically, moving my kd from 0.5 on a daily avg to around 2, and from 20% accuracy to 30%. It's called improvement, I don't have perfect aim but Im constantly working towards getting better. My KPM on most guns went from 0.5ish to 1kpm. But keep talking about things you don't understand.

As for never letting someone get away, of course I don't kill 100% of the people I get the first bullet on. But unlike you, I understand it was my fault for not being able to aim correctly and finish the kill, and I take note of that next time. Once more, improvement. It's something that you have no clue of.

We've both posted our stats and you did your braindead analysis, now post yours.
    • Up x 1
  20. Term

Why are you even arguing with this guy. Just ask him to post stats and watch him flounder to prove himself.
    • Up x 1