[Suggestion] Get rid of Medical kits, it's just used by experience players to Camp and kill newer players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, Jan 9, 2022.

1. G.O.A.T

It's really stupid....Just be a heavy and get medical kits, get shot, ZIGZAG, heal, then keep on going with the camping....Easy as hell......ooo and you have 4 of these medical kits to save your *** each time.....Really easy for experienced 100lvl players to just farm newer players using BS tactics like these.

The medical kit is just way too fast with healing, it makes medics be pretty useless and it leads to camping....and the newer players are the once being completely screwed here since they will face Camping heavies with 4 medkits while they don't have crap....Completely unfair and unbalanced.

There needs to be more consequences in losing shield/health in this game....there shoudn't be an instant save your *** medical kit.....Regeneration is fine after a while, however the instant heal is BS.

It adds NOTHING to the game, in terms of skills NADA, in terms of Teamwork, NADA, it actually takes away from teamwork/medic roles...It just makes it easier for experienced players to camp...It doesn't add skill at all, it takes away skill since they always have the instant save.....Without the instant save, they would either have to run away really far or stand and bang......That takes more skill than pressing LMB to apply the medical kit on you.

Like I said Experienced high lvl players use this to camp/cert farm....If they suddenly couldn't zig zag/heal themselves groups of 2 or 3 newer players will simply destroy them because there wouldn't be an instant save your *** medical kit to bail them out.

Camping will be more difficult and fights move on faster without the instant save your *** kit......Which is great for new players since they get prayed on/camped on by Experienced players doing doorway stalemates with their medical kits insta healing themselves.

Last thing new players want to experience is a Heavy with a medical kit, who almost died but quickly zigzaged, pressed LMB, and now has full health....Thus he can continue for the next 5+ minutes camping the same spot, his carelessness of losing health doesn't matter, he is instantly healed........This is why the game has huge problems because of BS like this that isn't new player friendly.
    • Up x 1
  2. Tycoh

There are way too many veteran and sweaty players that abuse the medkit (Wrel, the lead game designer does too) to the point there is no way it's going to be removed until someone else take over the dev team and pushes it in a different direction.
    • Up x 3
  3. G.O.A.T

Yep, that's the sad part, it's been in the game for so long that people will be resistance to changing it, no matter how much it's abused and how much it takes away from the game.

The thing is, even without medkits, people will still be able to go on amazing killstreaks...It will just be tougher to do so, it will reward skill much more.
  4. JustGotSuspended

I disagree. In fact we should add more medkits, or a way to replenish them passively.

The extremely skilled players don't run medkits, they use C4. Those that use medkits need them, and all the cheese in the game justifies their use. Lose half ur health to HESH the moment you step out the spawn? Medkit. 1 v 5 and win? Medkit + reload to take on more opponents. The fact is each medkit is pretty expensive so you can't spam them or you're run out quickly, and there's only a max of 4.

Given how quickly you lose health in this game, I'd say 4 isn't enough, people need more. Also if the person is actually camping, which I really doubt if they're good: snipe them. 1hk - no more camping - useless medkits.

Sounds like you're mad at people's movement (which using a medkit reduces) despite the fact you're able to do the same...unless you're a vehicle main perhaps?

Either way the medkit has little impact on a 1v1. If he's got the advantage, he'll win, if he's running away and you can't hit him, that's on you. All medkit does is get him ready for the next fight.
  5. Pat22

Wat.
    • Up x 4
  6. G.O.A.T

Complete BS.........Most Experienced players are K/D Ratio obsessed and love carrying medkits because it bails them out of bad situations super easily......C4s are for experienced playes who are suicidal and don't give a damn about K/D, most people care about K/D even veterans.

Medkits aren't expensive at all...50 resources lol, less than a C4 lol.....and carrying 4 is just complete BS compared to new players who have 1 or no medkit.......If you lose health, IMO we shouldn't award that no skill by gaving them something that saves their *** ASAP......

1 vs 5, can still happen without medkits, it just takes way more skill......Easy as hell to 1 vs 5 n00bs, zig zag, heal yourself, and attack again....that's not skill, that's being bailed out by BS.......Skill will be not needing an instant medkit and still 1 vs 5 people(it's possible, I do it, harder but possible).....The medkits don't add skill, IT TAKES AWAY SKILL, they just make Veterans have a bigger advantage over newer players.

LMFAO @ medkits having no impact in 1 vs 1 fights....They clearly do unless you are literally right infront of them where they can't hide behind cover and zig zag your bullets...Otherwise is very easy to run away/zigzag so they replenish their health, easy as to camp with it.

Also most fights are near teammates....If they lose a 1 vs 1, they will run away to their friends to insta heal with medkits...Chasing them could lead to a kill but they usually insta heal and friendlies kill you.....So yeah it clearly has a huge impact on 1 vs 1s.

Nope the medkits is an insta save for skilless/careless players who got caught and lost health, and a CAMPER tool that adds nothing to the game in terms of SKILL or TEAMPLAY......With Health Regen Implant/Restoration kit, sure you can do the same like running away, but it will take more skill to heal yourself since it isn't instant, thus ZIGZAGGING skills/Running away skills will be way more important.
    • Up x 1
  7. G.O.A.T

Another case of Planetside 2 Lobbying/Politics.

Anybody who plays this game, knows veterans love running medkits and bailing themselves out...It's way more popular than C4s lol

But in Forumside, this will be denied.

People fear change, I get it and they fear their KillStreaks being harder to do since they won't have an EAZY Medkit to bail them out.
    • Up x 1
  8. JustGotSuspended

If you've ever had the chance to play will skilled players - some of the best across servers - you'll notice most of them never run medkits, they chose C4.

Why?
    • They almost always run in small squads with really good medics that heal/rez them
    • They use their movement and positioning so well they barely ever take damage, most of the time their shields are more than enough for them to win engagements
    • Finally, because they're so good the only way to defeat them is through force multipliers/cheese. MAXes and/or a bunch of enemies pushing at once are often the technique of choice, and so this is the part where the 2 bricks of C4 come in handy - to either completely deny the advance, or get a few more easy kills before falling back/dying.
    I only use medkits on my HA since I run aggressive solo most of the time, and my skill level doesn't fully justify equipping C4. However I must admit the C4 heavy is much more combat effective than a medkit HA in more situation that not, which is why highly skilled players ditch medkits to have it.
  9. JustGotSuspended

veteran =/= skilled.

Well regardless of medkits being easy to use or not (which I seriously doubt you can say that if you're familiar with their mechanics), there's only 4 of them, and you must go to a terminal to resupply.

You can nanite auto or even passively repair your vehicle/max, resupply them easily at nearly every base, and it is much easier to go on streaks with them than medkit carrying infantry. Cloak is also pretty broken as well?

How do you suppose we balance that?

If we're gonna advocate removing a tiny defense against cheese, we should remove the cheese first.
  10. G.O.A.T

Yes some run C4s and are suicidal, it can lead to more kills with C4s but it usually is the opposite since C4ing is risky which leads to lots of unnecessary deaths.

Most Veterans regardless of class chose Medical Kit over C4s......simply because people care more about K/D ratio.

A C4 heavy might be more effective in some suicidal situations.....but overall most players benefit way more from medkits than from C4s thus is why they tend to pick medkits way more......C4s are extremely situational and risky to pull off in most cases(getting close enough to throw the c4, pressing the button and not getting killed is very hard.
  11. G.O.A.T

Medkits are easy to use....You literally switch weapons and put it on urself....All you have to do is runaway/zigzag enough to not die....Depending on the situation/positioning, this is not that hard to do.

Yeah there's 4 of them....That's 4 times you don't have to redeploy and get bailed out....and start "new" again, your carelessness is not penalized....That isn't skill, that's being bailed out.

Nanite auto/Cloak has nothing to do with this conversation...Perhaps they need to be fixed, but this has nothing to do with the thread....Stop trying to make it seem like this isn't a problem because of unrelated things lol.

You can kill cloaks without medkits, easy as hell to do.....But I guess you don't want to lose any health points when you face them.....Like I said you want EAZY bailout mode....You don't want any consequences for losing health, this isn't good for skill/teamplay/gameplay.
  12. JustGotSuspended

4 medkits = 200 nanites

2 c4 = 150 nanites

Assuming you spam all your resources medkits will drain you more than C4.

You didn't even read what I said. After you're done your 1 v x amount of players, the more you faced, the more likely you got damaged heavily. After winning your engagement, you can heal yourself, reload and you're ready for another. You got maximum 4 chances to do so. Doesn't seem super op.

What new players lmao? Anyways you're acting like they don't cost 800 certs to fully unlock. Sure the last one that costs 500 might be more difficult for a noob, but given the fact they get 100 certs each time they level up, unlocking the first 3 is not a problem. What's more complicated is for a noob to actually use the medkit effectively, which understandably most won't know how to do, especially since the mechanics aren't explained.

If you're able to easily run away that's not a 1v1 lol. Idk how bad your aim is but my guess is if your opponent is able to run away during your engagement, he would've likely likely won/ran away regardless of him having a medkit or not lol.

This is confusing so are the players who use medkits not skilled or experienced? Which is it lol.

Also even if people cared about their stats, which most don't...who cares?!??! It's a shooting game, if that's how people want to measure their progress, what's so wrong about that? KDR is a metric in literally every shooter.

So they run away to their teamates (likely there's at least once medic then) to pop a medkit and heal. Either ways, medic would've healed them, so they wasted 50 nanites, and none of that had any impact on your 1v1. You had a chance to kill him, you didn't, whatever happens after doesn't affect the 1v1 you messed up. Congrats, not only you failed to point out the impact it has on 1v1s, you also admitted most of the time it changes nothing of the outcome since the dude runs to friendlies which would've healed him anyways.

I doubt skilled players camp, and even so a medkit won't help them do so - not for long at least. Agreed it does impede on teamplay, which is why it's extremely limited in capacity. 4 honestly is nothing, there's times where I've used them all simply getting from the spawn to point to recover from HESH and A2G and other miscellaneous damage.

In terms of skill idk. It definitely takes some knowledge to time the jump properly to not get the movement penalty.
  13. DarkStarAnubis

Get rid of <...>, it's just used by experience players to Camp and kill newer players

Do you realize you could replace <...> with zillions of things and yet newer players would be killed anyway?

Get rid of Adrenaline Shield, it's just used by experience [HA] players to Camp and kill newer players
    Get rid of mines, it's just used by experience players to Camp and kill newer players
    Get rid of OHK knives, it's just used by experience players to Camp and kill newer players
    Get rid of Vampire, it's just used by experience players to Camp and kill newer players
    Get rid of Nightmare, it's just used by experience players to Camp and kill newer players
    Get rid of Betelgeuse, it's just used by experience [HA Vanu] players to Camp and kill newer players
    Get rid of C4, it's just used by experience players to Camp and kill newer players
    Get rid of Assimilate, it's just used by experience players to Camp and kill newer players
    Get rid of OHK sniper rifles, it's just used by experience players to Camp and kill newer players
    Get rid of Carapace, it's just used by experience [Medic] players to Camp and kill newer players

Find a way to discourage farming of newer players as opposed to work in a team or empire for a common objective instead.
    • Up x 3
  14. JustGotSuspended

C4 is harder to use, which is why skilled players use it. Medkits are for the lesser skilled, since they offer a bit more survivability at the expense of kill potential if you're not running in a squad and/or have bad positioning/movement skills.

We should agree on this anyways since you've said many times medkit is not a skill option.

I kill you. I got all headshots which is why you weren't able to save yourself even with medkits. Before dying, you clientsided me 100 health. Since you're dead, I pop a medkit and reload before moving along to another engagement. How does that bail me out or forgive any carelessness? It simply puts me on even edge against new opponents I might come across after I've already killed you. Penalized by a movement reduction + 50 nanites. Idk, seems pretty balanced lol.

If a dude's able to switch to a medkit while you're shooting at him, he's at the disadvantage since you can clientside him before the health actually pops in and he's not even shooting you so you're not taking damage and could kill him, reposition, pop a medkit, or a combination of those. Admit it, you messed up, your aim wasn't on point, he should've never been able to pop a medkit during your 1v1 and live.

Infantry auto healing themselves 4 times = OP. Vehicles/MAXes auto healing themselves - forget about it, nothing to see here. Same thing, except since vehicles cost more to cert than infantry, the gap is even harder for new players.

You should be able to get kills without medkits...simply because medkits don't get kills lol. After I win, no, I don't want to go up against a fresh opponent with half my health or whatever. That's why there's assimilate, adrenaline shield, etc to favor players who are able to score kills to recover enough to quickly chain engagements. This allows for quick paced gameplay, aka fun to most players. If I had to run back to allies each time a MAX or vehicle or even an infantry snatched a portion of my health, the game would be boring af. Medkits allow players who aren't skilled enough to typically avoid damage to recover after engagements without making the back and forth from the front to the medic lines or the spawn room. Penalty is the temporary loss in movement after popping a kit, and 50 nanites, and the fact there's only 4. You've admitted many times it wouldn't change the outcome since the dude wouldn't die regardless, he'd just get his health from the allies he ran to. What even is your argument here.

They have different uses. If you're complaining about camping, I'm confused you mention medkits but not regen. Regen gives infinite health for free - whereas medkits need to be resupplied after consuming 4 and have a penalty. I'd say regen is more effective for camping :rolleyes:

Resto kit is different, it's the one that actually impacts 1v1s, since you pop them prior to engagements to have your health regenerating during your fight, so you can tank more damage. This allows some people (notably medics) with the correct loadout to absorb more damage than a tank and still live.

So you'll forgive me but this all sounds like you've got no idea what you're talking about, and decided to make a rage post after getting farmed by a vet who happened to be using medkits. There's little of substance in this post and most of your argument is wrong, contradictory, or simply makes no sense.

If you're so worried about new players being at a disadvantage, I'd focus on vehicles. New players have 50 extra health as default, which would actually give them more advantage during a 1v1 than a vet who choses medkits. Vehicles on the other hand are extremely long to cert and don't put you on even ground with vets until they are maxed out. That's more of a new player barrier than medkits lol. And there's few if any new players anyways, so not quite sure what point you're even trying to make.
  15. JustGotSuspended

But when you boil it down it's nonsensical anyways. He's arguing medkits are useful for vets to farm new players. Idk about you, but if I'm farming new players, the chances of me losing my health, nay my shields even - are slim to none. Needless to say, even if I take on 30 brand new players at once, I feel I'd have a fair chance of killing them all without even losing enough/any health to pop a medkit after.

I don't even flick on my HA shield to kill a new/bad player. I honestly doubt medkits are something that can give me advantage in a fight I don't lose health in. So it's not for new player benefit he wants them removed anyways.

Besides it's a tool you use to recover after your engagement, so you can chain others. It has little place during the engagement itself.

The bounty system as primitive as it is might be the answer. We just need to add more tiers of bounties so people can prioritize extreme threats over others - because they'd earn much more xp killing someone with 99 bounties once than a new player a hundred times.
    • Up x 1
  16. Somentine

Too much to quote, so I'll just go through some points that stuck out.

First problem is the shuffling mechanic. IMO, it's fine when you are running in like a 30-150 degree arc, as the animation and movement is relatively okay. The problem is that there is no de-accel for doing a 180 degree turn, meaning you can do some ridiculous shuffling that even throws off better players if they aren't extremely close. I personally don't mind this, but from an objective point of view, it should be changed.

For medkits, first thing I'll say is that no, good players do use them over C4 the majority of the time. It's only when they are in bigger squads (enough to point-hold effectively) or during OPS, that they might switch them out for C4 to deal with Maxes and such. If you are playing solo or even in a small squad of 2-6 people, you should probably be using medkits.

Because of the first problem with shuffling, medkits can be pretty obnoxious, but they are absolutely necessary to the game, unless some changes are made to player's hp recovery. They could use some changes, and I think the best is to give them a very short CD (3-5 seconds MAX), and only allow them to be used while on the ground (or more apt, force the entire animation and don't allow the player to jump so they can't retain their movement speed).

As for medics, lol no. Medkits do not devalue medics in anyway, as medics are mostly there for their guns and revives. The healing is basically an afterthought, and it should absolutely never be required to have medics everywhere just to top people off after engagements. Maybe if they nerf the hell out of the revive mechanic (which will never happen), then they could look at making Medic heals more important/stronger, but until then hell no.

Some things to remember though:
    - 4 medkits is 200 nanites
    - Every character only has 500 HP (without cara), and most medkits are used at around 200 hp, for that 50 nanite cost
    - Someone shuffling and medkitting is not shooting back. Reset your CoF, don't panic, and aim (but remember the game is clientside, so don't stand still).
    - Medkits aren't the reason new players get **** on by good players

To remove some ridiculous counter-arguments before they even begin:
    - Medic is one of my most played classes (if not the most)
    - I use medkits in 99% of my loadouts
    - Pretty good at shuffling, and I do it all the time
  17. G.O.A.T

LMFAO, c4 will drain you faster if you actually use them when you're alive......Medkits, you use them when you have to use them, if you stay alive longer, you will most likely live for a while (cuz u get bailed out) thus you will never go to redeploy and constantly get them...So yeah C4s are way more costly, specially if you're actually using them...Easy to run out fast and not get kills......Easy as hell to Camp, get 2-3 kills, medkit urself x 4.....That leads to way more kills than what C4s usually brings......C4 are only great for controlling vehicle threats/cluster of people, other than that, medkits will lead to more kills.

This is a team game....If I win an engagement but lose 80% health, I should not have an insta health medkit to give me health super fast, specially when other players are pushing...It bails me out from the next engagement in the next 5-10 seconds...It's a bailout......Compare this to Regen health Implant, u actually have to stay alive for a while, it will be way harder to stay alive if any other player pushes after the first engagement that I won....It's a bailout, it gives players a chance to start at 100% health in a few seconds, that complete BS, they shouldn't be bailed out that fast.

Medkit is the best option to get the most kills, easy as that, which is why veterans pick it more over c4 ...c4 extremely situaitonal and buggy as hell, is has nothing to do with skill, c4 clearly isn't the best option if you want more kills...Medkits bail your *** if you screw up thus it leads to more kills/more action time since you stay in the front lines.

Medkits are complete bailout in alot of situations, it has saved my *** plenty of times with a simple zig zag and running away...Literally in seconds, you can just turn around and be at 100% health and even 100% shield in some cases or atleast regen some shield...That's enough to usually kill the guy who was facing you special if it was a close fight....It helps in bail you against multiple opponents as well, if you get caught, just runaway(turn the corner usually) for a few seconds and is like nothing ever happened lol..........It's an easy bail out lol, it's undeniable....This is why you fear losing it, because you love easy bailouts from dying.

Regen Implant can't do that....You will have to RUNAWAY for a long while for it to kick in (10 seconds) then wait for it to heal you.....You will be death by that time.....So LMFAO @ pretending regen implants being as effective a medical kit in bailing out people....You clearly have no idea how the game works if you think a regen implant is good at bailing you out lol.

Players like you just want to be bailed out by simple mechanics like this...You don't want to be penalized for losing health in a battle when you faced the next wave of enemies that will come in 5-7 seconds....It's complete BS because it makes camping easier and it makes the game easier...It doesn't reward teamwork nor skill.

Skill is holding a point, staying alive, losing 60% health, and still holding the point while staying alive.....Teamwork is a medic healing you which will be way more important in a world without medkits....Sure it will lead to more people using the Regen implant but they will sacrifice an implant for it, seems worth it and it won't bail them out ASAP like medic kit...Restoration kits will also be used more frequently as well if this were to happen, I wouldn't mind if they were a bit nerfed but this thread is about medickits
  18. TripSin

You sound mad because some players are good and you are not.

I think removing medkits would lower the skill ceiling. Yeah, chugging medkits isn't hard, but for whatever reason it's something bad players don't do. It's like bunny hopping healing in Apex Legends if you're familiar with that. Not hard to do, but was fun to do and increased the skill ceiling and made the movement game more fun. And then they got rid of it I guess because bad players are just too dumb to use it themselves or whatever.

The only reason I think medkits should be removed is because it makes medic healing obsolete/unneeded when they are used. Removal would have the unfortunate effects I just talked about, but it would help out medics. I hate playing medic personally so I don't care too much about seeing it gone. I also think C4, though I understand why something like it is needed, is really cheesy af and too easy to do so much and would hate seeing increased C4 usage with the removal of the medkit.
  19. Tycoh

Funny, you'd think the bad players would be the ones abusing an easy to use mechanic and the better players wouldn't.
  20. Somentine

You have to live through fights to use it, so no, not really.
    • Up x 1