[Suggestion] Get rid of Medical kits, it's just used by experience players to Camp and kill newer players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Somentine

If Medic wasn't already the most important class in the game, sure. With how strong (and easy) both ressing and healing is, naw. Not to mention how good medic also is as an ivi class (roughly on par to heavy, if just a slight bit under), and how well it can make use of Carapace later on when people get it.
  2. TripSin

You got any empirical evidence to support that claim? If it was just me and one other person at a base, I'd rather be any other class to take them on. Even with an engineer I could put down mines and use a spitty for potential warning and distraction.

Carapace is stupidly OP, but it is extremely hard to get. I have 1,000 hours of playtime and the only exceptionals I've gotten were 2 disengages, which are absolute trash.
  3. JustGotSuspended

There's a couple times where I was running C4 or simply ran out of medkits and was close enough to allies to demand some heals. More often than not, medics will completely ignore my requests for heals, going only for revives or even just playing medic for the AR, not actually rezing or healing anybody. A couple times I even got tked by a medic, so they could rez me to full health. Sure when they're on a triage flash or passively healing themselves and people around them with their ability you can get healed a bit if you're lucky. But generally I've had a pretty bad experience with medics, unless they are complete noobs or part of some elite squad I'm running with.
    • Up x 2
  4. Term

No it'll drop the skill ceiling because it limits what you can do at the top end of skill. Thats what the skill ceiling is, the highest level of play you can perform. When you try and limit what your top end of players are able to perform, (your intention) you drop the skill ceiling.

By nerfing uptime capability, you also make it easier to overcome opponents with shear numbers, aka making zerging more effective, which makes it even easier to play in a low skilled manner than it already is.

Congrats on having no idea what your talking about.
    • Up x 4
  5. JibbaJabba

Yes.

Also: Giving medics C4 diminishes the AV role of the assault and engie classes. Infils aren't happy about their recon darts either. :)

I find medic a blast to play. They are the only class with access to assault rifles and (unlike people reliant on medsticks alone) they are always topped off on health... indefinitely. Heal grenades are OP AF when used right. And best of all your utility slot can be freed up with minimal risk to use C4 instead. Tethering and double peeking with a good heavy is super fun too.

I think the less fun stuff is the tedious stuff. Rezzing is satisfying but tedious. Topping people off on health is not something I want to do for extended periouds in my own adventures. (unless tethering) If players are running medkits I'm fine with that. It's not denying me fun. It's denying me a chore.

Gameplay wise it's pretty silly for all non medic classes to have no other way to obtain health in the game. Please think about what is really being asked here and what things would look like if you got what is being asked. Consider multiple circumstances from 6v6 to 12v48 to 96v96.
  6. TripSin

Well, there's still Restoration Kits, so there wouldn't be "no healing". I think if med kits were removed, then they could be buffed to heal 900 or 1000 (and maybe over 14-15 seconds instead). I personally don't want to see med kits removed. I just meant to state that they do, afaict, take away some utility from medics. But maybe, like you said, medics have enough utility as is.

Like I said previously, I actually think it would LOWER the skill ceiling if you removed them. I made the analogy to bunny hop healing (in a game like Apex Legends). When they removed bunny hop healing, it took away a technicue/mechanic that you could learn to survive longer. It wasn't particularly hard to learn bhopping but it was something you COULD learn to differentiate yourself from players who didn't bother to learn and employ the technique. Likewise, chugging med kits isn't hard to do, but it is something you CAN do to help increase your survivability in niche situations. And it's something you'll not see bad players taking advantage off as often. I also don't think it's nearly as overpowered as OP is making it out to be. I think he's just salty for one reason or another.

I also don't really care for their removal because I hate playing medic. I for sure could work on getting better on medic. My problem is I care too much about my kd, and I find I have the worst kd when trying to play medic (getting killed while trying to support allies). I'm sure that could be alleviated a ton by me learning how to play medic better and emphasizing the combat part more in combat medic. But I just don't feel motivated to get better at medic. I'm also really hesistant to accept revives a lot of the time because I care too much about my recusrion kd. I really got to work on caring less about it.
  7. Somentine

Is this a joke?

What kind of 'evidence' do you need? lol.

Also, you'd rather take an Eng over Infil for your scenario? .............................................. k

It's strong, but nowhere near OP, and you give up Assimilate and basically need to take Combat Surgeon for it.
  8. JustGotSuspended

Yeah exactly. Removing them would just encourage the tactic of sending waves of enemies against skilled players, each time chipping some of their health until there's none left. The whole point of the medkit is to ensure that after winning an engagement, you are on even grounds for the next. This guy's essentially complaining about fighting a full health enemy.

And his argument of people popping a medkit midfight to "bail" them after screwing up makes no sense, since if the shooter allows the player to live long enough to pop a medkit he screwed up too! I don't think I've ever seen a scenario like what he described happen, in all my 9+ years of play. And on top of that he acts like a new player would last a 1v1 long enough to actually damage an experienced player lol. It's pure fantasy.

As for playing medic, forget about supporting your allies. The class is used for it's ars, which are some of the most fun weapons to use in the game. The fact it can self heal also adds to the appeal. Stick to killing players, only revive once you killed all the enemies, even so I prefer to just toss a rez nade cuz that's easier and safe for you. As for healing if you really want to do it do it through your ability, but most people don't since healing gives less xp than a rez and you're also wasting some of your health regen.

One thing I will say though is it's hard to go back to playing regular medic once you've unlocked carapace. With restokits and the ability you can become even more buff than a heavy, and I run adren pump to be faster since I've got carapace and combat surgeon eating up the slots I'd use athlete in.
  9. JustGotSuspended

Definitely not OP but it is really strong, and synergizes so well with the medic I would make it default on medic. Like have the default medic only have health no shields. And then if they want to use shields there could be a suit option or something so they can do that as well. Perhaps give the medic carapace if auto heal ability is equipped, and bionics if the shield regen is equipped.

Cuz I don't think it's really fair for the game to rely on rng to achieve your medic's full potential. Carapace on other classes is situational so whatever, but on medic it's almost always the better choice, so I think it should just be implemented as default.
  10. Somentine

It's definitely strong in many situations, but without a maxed out kit you aren't going to want to use it at all (so probably not a good idea to give it or a mechanic like it to new players), even ignoring the situations it's strong in.

Unlike with shields, you need to spend resources to recover, can't get instant recovery (which can save you in situations where it's unlikely F/heal nade/resto will) from Assim (could take regen R5, but it's bad an defeats the whole purpose of using Cara in the first place AND means you can't take Combat Surgeon), and it is really only strong when you have your heal nades or resto kits. Once you are out of those you probably want to die or redeploy, where you wouldn't need to otherwise.
    • Up x 1
  11. G.O.A.T

Medkit makes it easy as hell to hold a point or Dominate a Tower as a Heavy/LA....I done it plenty of times...It doesn't make it more skillful to dominate an area, it makes it easier, that's less skill.

For Example, as a HA with advanced 5 regen...I can start losing a battle, run away/zigzag/medkit myself, with lots of corners/cover in this game, it's easy as hell to do...So in ASAP time I have full health and now I have to wait, 5-8 seconds to get some of shield back or all of it, add in the Heavy shield on top....and I can easily make a comeback, easily.....I should not be full health/shield in 8 seconds, that's ridiculous, I should not have full health in ASAP time either, that also bails my *** out plenty of times.

Same goes with Light Assaults...I dominated points/towers easily using the same tactics, running away and coming back in 5-8 seconds with full health some/full shields is so damn easy.

So yeah Dominating Towers as HA/LA is easy as hell with Medkits.

Compare this to Dominating a Point/Tower without a medkit.....I done it, it takes way more skill/tactics to pull off....You won't have a medkit to bail you out. you will have to run away/fly away for 8 seconds to have ur shields at full if you're a LA/HA....You will need all the shield you can get.....That is true skill.

This is a TEAM game....Me soloing a team is ridiculous and it happens alot in towers/points, the Medkits just makes it easier to pull off.....So yeah holding points/dominating towers will still happen, it will just make it a tad harder with no medkit.

Like I said, I think health regen should be .01% to 100% in 10-13 seconds in the restoration kit....That rewards the player who has enough skill to dominate, to get his health back but they will have to be more cautious because they won't have their health back ASAP like with the medkits.....This adds more skill to the game and makes it more fair overall.

You people just want the ability to dominate other players/Points/Towers, easily......Earn it, put balance first infront of things that makes it easier to go on killstreaks(lowers the skill required to dominate)
  12. G.O.A.T

A Medkit makes it easier to domiante a Tower/Point, that's undeniable.

It impacts engagements between a Vet and a group of noobs....It really does, it allows for a Vet to take on 3-7 + Enemies, because the medkit gets rid of the consequence of taking damage, ASAP.

I regularly Solo n00bs/teams alone, it's easy to go on killstreaks/dominate, the medkits just makes it way easier to pull off.

For Example as heavy with Advanced 5 shield Regen....I can Solo, n00bs way easier, because I get my Health back ASAP then I have to wait 5-8 seconds for my shield to come back.....So it makes it easier to take on multiple n00bs, because you just have to run away for 5-8 seconds, that's all you can take on a few n00bs.....then when you get damage, just runaway/zigzag/heal and repeat the process.....all this makes it easier for Veterans to dominate new players/players.

Compare this to the alternative of not have a medkit.....You can still dominate, I done it plenty of times, it just harder and takes more tactics/skill to pull off..............But like I said, I want Restoration kit to be able to do .01% to 100% health in 10-13 seconds, that will reward skillful players and it will make it harder to dominate easily n00bs/normal players...It's better for balance IMO, me Soling n00bs/teams even easier because of medkits is not good for balance.

I already Solo n00bs/teams without medkits, so Skill will always have an advantage, but like I said it's ridiculous how easy medkit makes the ability of pulling this off, it lowers the skill ceiling by making killstreaks even easier.

So yeah medkits are a huge reason why veterans can more easily dominate new players
  13. G.O.A.T

Restoration kit should be .01% to 100% health in 10-13 seconds....Makes it fair, it rewards skillful players while making it harder to dominate/go on killstreaks...You can still recover health, you will just have to hide/be more cautious for awhile instead of waiting 5-8 seconds to have full health and some or all shield.

Soloing n00bs/teams will still happen...I do it all the time with no medkits, it will just be harder to pull off....same with restoration kit, you will still be able to heal, it just won't be an ASAP health.....The ASAP health lowers the skill ceiling, it makes it easier for players to go on killstreaks/dominate.

This won't change the actual gameplay....ZigZagging/bunny hoping/etc will still working, hell it will be more valauble to dodge now because Medkit won't bail you out ASAP....so the whole Apex analogy doesn't really make sense. since in Apex they actually changed a game mechanic that had to do with actual skill like bunny hoping.

I already solo n00bs/teams, this Medkits makes it way easier, it lowers the skill to go on skillstreaks.....Sorry, I rather put balance in front of making the game even easier for Vets to 1 vs 5+ n00bs/normal players.
  14. G.O.A.T

The Next Engagement could be between 5-8 seconds....I will have health back ASAP, and in 5-8 seconds I can have some or all of my shield backs.....in 8 seconds Im 100% again lol.....Sorry that's ridiculous OP, it makes it easy as hell to dominate towers/points.

But it's even worse actually with the ASAP medkit, I can ZIGZAG AWAY, get full health and runback with no shield and get a kill if I time it correctly...That ASAP medkit does a huge difference in the ability of making comebacks like that.

It really is easy to be a heavy/la take on multiple n00bs, then literally runaway/zigzag/medkit then in 5-8 seconds, I can easily make a comeback and continue to dominate.....Making it easy as hell to go on killstreaks/dominate a point.

Winning an engagement does not give me the right to be Full health/Full Shield in 8 seconds....That's ridiculous, it makes it way easier for me to Solo teams/go on kill streaks/hold points......It doesn't add skill at all.

Medkits do bailout people all the time....I done it plenty of times as HA/LA, I get shot, I runaway/zigzag/medkit, go around a corner(plenty of corners in the game), then in 5-8 seconds I have full health and some/full shields....So in 5-8 seconds, I can just run back to them and destroy them because I will be full health and have enough shield of all my shield.....yeah bro, that's a bailout and it happens all the time.

It isn't a 1 vs 1 issue...It's a 1 vs multiple issue.....It makes it way easier for vets to hold their own against multiple n00bs/regular players, makes it super easy since they have to runaway for 5-8 seconds to be back at 100%....Thus it make it easier to take on multiple n00bs people......It makes it easier for the vets to dominate these multiple n00bs.....A group of vets with 4 medkits each can dominate/hold an area for a longtime, is easy as hell to do.

Like I said, I can dominate multiple n00bs without a medkit, it's just harder to pull off....If Restoration kit restored health from .01% to 100% in 10 to 13 seconds, that will give the multiple n00bs an easier time of fighting back/having a chance....It will add more skill to dominating an area because you will have to be cautious for longer insteads of 5-8 seconds.

Balance/Skill > Less skill to go on bigger killstreaks/Dominate an area (medkits)
  15. JustGotSuspended

So you're saying that after a delay that's more than twice the time it takes to respawn, the dude is on even ground swith a fresh player. Really sounds strikingly OP dude. OMG he won a fight, after 10s he can have an even fight again!

It's really easy to take on multiple noobs with anything, that's why they're noobs. Medkit just gives you a chance if there's too many noobs, to hold them off for a bit longer. It's still a fight in the noobs favor if the have the numbers though.

Says who? Are we just supposed to redeploy after killing someone?

Besides most often you aren't since popping a medkit doesn't give you invulnerability and people can still shoot you. If you opponents let you stay long enough to do so, that's on them. If you can position yourself and pick you engagements so you've got time to fully recover, then that's fine too. Either ways at best it's putting you on even grounds for the next engagement.

Yeah no. It's clear here you have no idea what you're talking about, and I''ve highly doubt you've done anything even remotely similar to this. Feel free to link a vid or something. There's no way you can act like 5-8 seconds is nothing in a game where even bodyshot ttk at range is below 1s for most weapons. So there's definitely something fishy here. First off it's not easy to bail mid-engagement for multiple reasons. Assuming you somehow accomplish this, if you're able to wait 5-8s without the dude pushing you, you're more than lucky. If you peak out once your full health and the dude is still there, waiting for you to kill him....idk what game you're playing dude, you sure you weren't in vr training?

In any case it's your opponents fumble for not finishing you off, repositioning to do so, or killing you before/while you're bailing in the first place! Medkit only takes advantage of your opponent's mistake.

Also you seem to forget during that time, your opponent could've done the same. Or are medics and shield regen times unique to you? Yeah dude, this makes no sense at all.

Pretty sure you were explaining earlier, even in this post how medkits were such gamechangers for 1v1s. Guess you smartened up a bit and realized that made no sense, so now you bring up their actual use case.

So you're complaining about people who are able to hold points/areas by playing strategically, coordinating with each other and do so for extended period of time while being attacked by waves of noobs.

Well the vets are at the disadvantage. The issue is most of the time the noobs don't push together, so the vets take advantage of that to position themselves to take out bit size chunks of the larger group, usually 1-3 individuals at a time. They're able to take on multiple people at once, win against them, and they are able to replenish their health a few times after taking too much damage. You know the ttk of the average weapon? Divide it by how many people are shooting at our vet in this scenario. The vet should have no chance, yet he winds the engagement. Skill. He positioned himself so he's able to regenerate to full or near full to prepare for the next wave. Skill.

You're saying we should allow the people who can't kill one guy while shooting at him together to little by little take out the dudes health one more chunk before dying, and since the vet can't regenerate it he'll die eventually. You're asking to lower the skill ceiling, you want to reward bad players for being bad, and punish good players for loosing a bit of health while fighting overwhelming odds. Makes no sense, and this is why I think you're not the one doing the farming, you're one of those who slowly advances with 30 other dudes and spits half your mag into the nearest wall instead of killing your opponent in sub 0.2s as you should, without him being even able to react, much less bail/process the fact he needs a medkit.

Also if it's the less skilled OP move, shouldn't the noobs be using them? I'm sure the vets would have a hard time dealing with a bunch of medkit noobs given how OP they are.

no you can't.

Anyway, for the people that can yes, but having a medic just helps sustain that. You're complaining about a zerg needing to fight a handful of players with full health for a bit. How can you even type that with a straight face?!? A guy winning against multiple opponents then restoring a bit of his hp before facing some more is op to you huh? This has to be a troll lol.

Idk dude if the guy's outpopped and manages to win an engagement he's outnumbered in, that's skill, and he deserves to replenish his health so he can try to repeat that feat again. Not sure why we'd want to reward masses of people who can't kill a single player while they hold all the advantages. Oh wait - unless you're one of those players.
  16. JibbaJabba

...In much the same way Assimilate does or Adrenaline shield. It resets you between fights.

But it has no outcome at all on the individual fights themselves.

This is very much a desirable mechanic. Not giving players a way to address "chip" damage means the gameplay (fun) gets interrupted more often. Either through down time locating a willing medic or through a death+spawn.

It's why we have self charging shields for half of our "health" pool.
    • Up x 1
  17. G.O.A.T

Nerf Assimilate/Adrenaline shield too, I don't care....But atleast Assimilate/Adrenaline shield requires someone to get the last hit/headshot....but again that's another thread.

Medkit does help in individual fights, if you are losing u can quick runaway the corner for 5-8 seconds and get full health/shield and come back to finish the job...It's really not that hard and I do it all the time.....Basically in 5-8 seconds, is like nothing even happened, Im 100% lol.

"Chip Damage"...Restoration does that, the Medkit just bails ur *** ASAP, yes 1 bullet damage does a difference in this game full of corners/etc.......And like I said, killstreaks/Dominating points is still possible...You just have to wait more than 8 seconds to be fully 100%....Which is why 10-13 second .1% to 100% health restoration kit is more than fair...It rewards skill and doesn't give you an instant save your *** medkit.

Yes, this is why the shield is only 50% and not 100% shield.....Imagine if it was 100%, players would just have to hide and recover the shield.....But guess what? This is a TEAM game, and we all know that if we could just recovered by hiding/zigzagging away for 8 seconds, it would ruin the game.....Thus is why we don't have 100% shield or 99% shield, because it will be OVERPOWERED as hell if you're good and are dominating....Medkits are just as overpowered, it people to get bailed out and dominate places way easier....It makes killstreaks, super easy.
  18. G.O.A.T

Just because I won a fight, doesn't mean I deserve 100% Health ASAP and have to wait 5-8 seconds to get some or all my shield.....Yes, I deserved to be penalized for a bit of time for getting hit, I should not have an ASAP save my *** medic kit...."Even Fight" LMFAO Yeah have a whole place camped out/dominated, then have instant health/shield in 8 seconds on top of that lol.

WOW is twice the time of respawning....So what, 10-13 second health regen is much better than Redeploying....You just don't want to wait a bit more, because it will be harder to stay alive.

Nope, the medkit makes 100x easier to take on multiple n00bs....You have 4 times You can start fresh, you save your *** etc...It's much easier to take on them like that....You can take on em then run away/zigzag/hide 5-8 seconds and repeat, easy as hell.......You just don't want to lose the easiness of keeping this killstreak/domination of n00bs/regular players.

Says me, a person who values balance....Medkits save lives, its so easy to pop one and run around the corner, easy as hell...in 5-8 seconds ur 100%..It's live saver, it does a huge difference.

You clearly don't know crap about the game....I regularly dominate towers/points with Heavy/LA with or without medkits....Medkits make it way easier...i'll use the tower as an example because its full of corners.

It's easy to be on the losing side of an engagement, runaway/zigzag/medkit around the corner, have 100% health and wait 5-8 seconds then rush em back...Hell u don't even have to wait 8 seconds, by waiting 5 seconds, with some shield that's enough to make a comeback.....It makes way easier to dominate/kill spree this is undeniable, it's live saver....If somebody pushes me, I can just keep running and wait for the right time...If somebody doesn't push me, even better for me....LMFAO @ you pretending this 5-8 seconds is a long time, **** it's not long at all lol.

Medkits are game changers in 1 vs 1...If you are losing an engagement or get caught u can get 100% health ASAP and just runaway for 5-8 seconds then make a comeback...I do it all the time.

Medkits for n00bs are pretty worthless compared to a vet....For one they have to win the engagement....but I get it dude, your way too defensive on this because it make killstreaks/Dominating harder....you don't want a skillful game, you want a game where you can runaway for 8 seconds and be 100%.

Again....You can still dominate/hold points without medkits, just with pure skill/ pure tactics/pure dodging.......I do it all the time, but it's clear the less skilled players like you need medkits to be able to dominate/perform killstreaks.

Me dominating a tower/point/place solo, and recharging my health asap and my shields in 8 seconds, for 4 times, is complete BS and it just makes the game more unbalanced......Dominations always happen, lets no make it easier with medkits, lets make players earn it.
  19. RRRIV

10-13 seconds this, 5-8 seconds that, you have no concept of how long that actually is in an FPS do you?

cloak lasts for 12 seconds
    respawn in 10-15 seconds
    long *** reloads at near 3 seconds
    TTKs routinely under 1 second

Go play warthunder, pick a tank with a reload rate of 10-13 seconds and FEEL how long that actually is.
    • Up x 1
  20. G.O.A.T

You have no idea how Awesome Endless Sprint/ZigZagging + A bunch of corners are.....It's really easy to run away for 5-8 seconds, really easy...Specially if you have friendlies nearby to run to.

10-13 seconds is a decent time for a skilled player to stay alive and it's a great reward, much better than Spawning and having to run.

TTK might be 1 second, doesn't matter if im around the corner....easy as hell to run away...You people are either clueless, or playing dumb because you are scurred of losing ur medkit.

Devs, take note on how scared these guys are at making Dominating + Killstreaks a bit harder, just look at their fear....This is how you know it's OP, they know it will screw up their bottom line of Kills/K/D Ratio