GAME ERROR G37

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ozarkamax, Nov 20, 2012.

1. SnOoP

As i wrote on page 5 it means "Unable to connect to login server" so yea server-side. Most likely overloaded or a bad configuration.
  2. StrataDragoon

I just downloaded and I have above the min system specs and I get to 99% crash to the website -_- any fix for this yet or any work arounds?
  3. nickkeane

That's what I'm thinking it is as well. But a few people in this thread think it might be something else. Which it might be since a few threads have reported altering or removing a User Options file has fixed the issue for them.
  4. Vercetti

It seems some people never experienced a launch day. Every game has issues on launch day, from COD to BF3, D3 to whatever, all have the same issues.

Calm down, enjoy your tea and try again in 30 minutes.
  5. BuxNaked

That really made my day :cool:. But yeah, I guess it's par for course for all MMO's to debut with logon/server issues :D
  6. Bosjem

No fix yet that works for everybody. And probably there isn't a fix that we can do considering that g37 error is a server side problem. Just be patient, it's release day and this kind of problems are common in online games.
  7. SnOoP

This is most likely due having luck getting in for the short moment the login server is available but not due changing the useroptions or anything else. A dev confirmed that already it has nothing to do with the files on our PC's.

So all we can do is play the waiting game ;)
  8. ggallin

same here..... 2 times in 1 hour
  9. Skadi

10. nickkeane

There's apparently a workaround that seems to be working for some people some of the time.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/g37-error-solution.47437/

It's probably more likely that the logins are just shifting around and people who weren't able to login before now can and those that could can't, but idk. I'd say from the inconsistency for everyone's clients that it's very, very likely that it is indeed a server-side issue. If it is, we're all just going to have to wait for more servers to go up to handle the load. Or drop by at non-peak times and see if it works then.
  11. Silverwolf

Of course! I have never been a Beta-tester on PS2, neither have I been an Alpha-tester of Battlefield 3, and just generally hung around things. With my innate ability to break things I was thinking my client was acting up. Which is rather natural for me... Oh well, generalizing people is rather easy Tovarisch.

(PS! What is 'a totally smooth lunch day' I wonder ^^ )
  12. Cristari

THIS IS NOT A WORK AROUND IT'S PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

Please people stop advising people to delete their game files this is a server issue nothing more nothing less.
    • Up x 2
  13. hoodieblanket

excellent. worked for me instantly. 1hr of trying to login with the error and as soon as I deleted useroptions it logged first time.
  14. Deladin

Umm actually it is. I mean seriously, with the number of players in beta, they knew they had alot. Add to that

ITS A FREE GAME. everyone and their dog is going to hop on and see what its all about, as it costs them NOTHING but the download to do so. I can see if it was a pay 2 play game, but a F2P game, they should expect to get slammed, and then plan even further as they will really get 4x slammed.
  15. skelbley

Seriously, look at the URL it shows when you get a G37 error. It literally says "CAN'T CONNECT TO SERVER" in the URL. For the love of God, stop posting DxDiag reports and system specs.
  16. Cristari

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/g-error-codes.47091/

17. Bosjem

It was simply a coincidence. Deleting that file didn't do anything otherwise it would work for everybody.
  18. Assist

I'm getting G37 Error @ 15%, it's the first time I've loaded up the game and have never gotten past the 15% loading screen before it closes the program.
  19. skelbley

F
    From a pure cost perspective, the load will likely only be this heavy during the initial few days; after that it's probably going to drop off considerably. For them to buy new hardware and/or more bandwidth to fully handle an event that will only happen once is just not worth the money. Not saying I'm not frustrated, but as a business it may not have been worth the hassle.
  20. nickkeane

Exactly. They didn't anticipate it. Whatever metrics they used didn't work. Still, not their fault for anticipating their metrics as best they could based off of the number of players in beta. Usually, launches like these ramp up in player quantity exponentially which makes it very hard to predict and anticipate if you haven't seen that kind of growth before. I don't even know how many players are trying to get on right now, but it's clear to me it's a lot more than they ever thought it would be. Once that exponential growth starts tapering off and becoming more predictable, they should be able to provide the needed servers.
    • Up x 1