Full patch notes up for GU4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MurderBunneh, Mar 13, 2013.

1. MurderBunneh

2. Raap

Those Prowlers nerfs sure do sound like complete overkill. 30% splash damage reduction for HEAT and HE, and 2 meters radius reduction (0.5 inner). The last nerf is for all MBT's, but those still only have to hit once to kill infantry, Prowlers twice...

I guess the hate was stronger than logic. One nerf was needed, but two big ones, plus new incomming rocket launchers? Oh boy.
  3. xen3000

o_O
    • Full shields and health infantry require at least two rounds to be killed from splash damage exclusively.
    • This does not affect direct damage.
    • A direct hit will still kill a full health infantry in one round.
    • Up x 1
  4. XRIST0

The increase in XP for destroying vehicles is going to be so delicious .

*400xp for an ESF
    *500xp for an MBT

Atleast it will be worth the trouble now , even if the player bails out .

Double XP will be fun , about time they increased XP gain .
    • Up x 2
  5. HadesR

• :)
    • Up x 8
  6. Raap

The inner blast radius of a Magrider or Vanguard will still one shot kill infantry. Prowlers now have to hit twice with the inner blast radius for the same result. What's not to understand?
  7. Zitroxious

holy **** those are some pretty big exp buffs
    • Up x 5
  8. MurderBunneh

Lots of good stuff but no Battle rifle tuning, no cert reset and no transfer tokens means I won't be able to enjoy it as much.
  9. fastdak255

no account wide unlocks yet? or did I just miss it?
  10. MurderBunneh

They said next week.
    • Up x 1
  11. xen3000

Good thing you have two barrels... Also you said nothing about splash, you said "hit", splash is not hitting your target. Aim better.
    • Up x 1
  12. XRIST0

"The Account Level Unlocks are extremely complex and important feature – the most popular feature we’ve had on the Roadmap thus far. Obviously it is a feature that is critical for us to get absolutely right. The potential for any changes to the how our player inventory system works to cause problems with your hard earned items means that we’re being exceptionally cautious with the rollout. Our plan right now is to release the Account Level Unlocks feature 1 week from GU04 release as long as we don’t run into any major hiccups in testing. We know you’ve been waiting for this feature and we’re sorry for the delay, but we hope that you understand the reasons for being cautious here."

Quoted from Higby's post .
    • Up x 1
  13. Raap

My entire post was about the nerfed aspects. The direct hits were not touched, so in context, the hits I was speaking of were clearly that of the mentioned subjects; Splash damage and radius.

Pointless words game however. I said all I cared to say on this subject.
  14. xen3000

Very well.
  15. Xale

As someone who kills more vehicles than infantry in a Reaver (~60%), the vehicle XP boost is going to be a serious increase to hourly XP gains.

Downside, of course, is increased competition and a lot more people trying to kill you.
    • Up x 4
  16. f0d

true but prowler can shoot both barrels faster than a magrider or vanguard can shoot once
  17. Raap

We'll see how it plays out with all the factors on the table. My biggest concern is the one for the yet to be added rocket launchers.
    • Up x 3
  18. LordMondando

You don't think there was a problem. All the TR have done on the 3 EU severs i've play on in the last few weeks is mass spam prowlers in every possible situation that will allow it.

Prowlers have to hit to kill twice with plash damage, sure.. but they have two guns with neglibible recoil between shots.

Its hardly the end of the world for using a prowler as infantry supression. They still have a slight edge in the reloading and overal DPS per shot, not to mention attachments like the vulcan. Thus, they are still the best AI tank. But not the 'mass spam to win everything other than biolabs' device which they were turning into.

Either way, I look forward to them not being used for a few days as the various prowler drivers go into a sulk.
  19. Oblomoff

20. LordMondando

Also love it.

I was just looking at my tea leaves, they devine that a zergfit or two is going to be a smigen upset about that.
    • Up x 5