Full patch notes up for GU4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MurderBunneh, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Olek

Thanks for forgetting about the MAX....again.
  2. Meeka

I am pretty curious about this one:
    "The cloak effect on low graphics settings will no longer make the infiltrator completely invisible."

I hope that is a mistype, because the problem with the Infiltrator is that they were always completely "visible" on low settings, highly visible-- visible enough that you can easily spot the white silhouette against any background from hundreds of meters away without any sort of scope.
    • Up x 4
  3. Klondik3

[IMG]
  4. Regpuppy

Look at the roadmap and inform yourself. That's an update that's coming this month or early next month. Not like maxes didn't have a monopoly as an AA unit or stalemate breaker anyhow.
    • Up x 1
  5. Meeka

Also +1 on the tank exp upgrades; I used to enjoy the challenge of tank hunting, but now it will definitely be worth it. And, I'll be having that new TR multi-rocket launcher right away, so deliciousness in the making. ;)
    • Up x 2
  6. Akrasjel

**** yea :);)
    • Up x 2
  7. Thornton14

Yeah the roadmap doesn't mean a damn thing. Expect max changes around September
  8. Thornton14

Wait so you get more XP for killing a tank then a galaxy?!
  9. Olek

Are you telling me every fix on that list was in the road map? I'm not talking about candy mate, I'm talking about fixing bugs.
    I know about the MAX work being done in the road map, being a TR player it means I get to sit down in my MAX and take a dump while shooting, can't wait.
  10. Cougarbrit

Yeah, I play on low settings and I actually try to ignore cloaked infiltrators that I feel I shouldn't spot, I'll often spare them for a while till they decloak unless teammate's lives on the line.
    • Up x 2
  11. Regpuppy

If you cannot see how powerful of an AA weapon that will make TR maxes, then I just don't know man.
  12. Olek

What drugs are you on mate?, did you even read what I said? Bug fixes, I couldn't give a rats **** about AA.
  13. Eclipson

Welp, the TR is going to be the worst faction now. Time for all the 4th factioners to leave. Now that we have the same amount of ammo as the other factions, we are going to have the least stopping power. You would think the devs would know that the TR weapons have more ammo becuase we use our ammo twice as fast. o_O
  14. Regpuppy

I guess I have not noticed any outstanding bugs with maxes for that to be a huge issue right now. Bug fixes are one of those things that can be pushed into a non-major patch if they fixed it anyway.
  15. Olek

The issue I am refering to is when you have a player up close, within a few metres, often the hits do not register and you get mauled, there are many threads about it in the class/MAX forum, as well as the tech support forum.
    • Up x 1
  16. Puppy

This isn't full patch notes... "General Updates"
  17. Regpuppy

I think that's just a hit detection bug in general. I've had it happen to me with SMG's and carbines on my light assault too.
  18. Cougarbrit

Now to cover my thoughts about this patch, which I consider to be one of the best patches I've seen so far. I'll keep it to a few highlights.

I honestly didn't think this was a thing, I guess I was wrong, and apologise to those players who raised the issue.

This is very interesting, suicide C4 is now no more effective than suicide AT mining, though still safer, you actually have to detonate it in the same life to do the deed, a buff to a defence of a sunderer as it were, and an end to the forced tradition of risky controlled triggers of the C4 to disarm its threat.

Hopper nerf is here, I think, sounds odd, as if the game is now actively displacing your character model for other players, that might look very strange when people are actually climbing things, I'm not sure how this will work, could go badly, maybe it's not what I think though.

Hallejuah.

Interesting also, didn't know infantry explosions were getting nerfed too, guess I won't be getting a dozen kills for sunderers with daydreaming defenders anymore, but the frag grenade nerf is more interesting, would've preferred that to wait until grenade physics were fixed. C4 buff is surprising too, guess it'll be easier to use vs infantry and Maxes now.

Playing engineer for most of my playtime, this probably won't affect me much, but I guess it'll be helpful for everyone else to be less dependent on engineers, a buff for snipers too really, being the playstyle most likely to run out of ammo during a fight.

This is very good, felt far too slow driving up certain roads.

This is great too, should stop my flash running away from me everytime I park it, or my prowler/sunderer/lightning ditching me when I get out to repair.
    Necessary and appreciated in part, will definitely have an impact on the meta. XP changes are a blessing and a wonderful boost, making MBTs worth more or less the same as a Sunderer is a little odd but considering how powerful a well-used MBT can be, I guess it makes sense.

Sounds good, minimap change is another blessing.

Also sound good, interesting changes too, less clutter is always good.

Some wonderful and interesting changes here, I look forward to seeing how the battlefield has changed, guess I'll be in the best place to see some of the Indar changes from my new home in the canyons.
    • Up x 3
  19. Lafladitu

there are some rather intressting things in this upgrade Now I just have to wait to next week for the Lancer so i can farm prowlers more effectivly and get my certs :)
  20. Loegi

Just going to copy my post from the stickied thread.

It's missing a ton from the roadmap. No mention of the improved item preview, nothing about the loadout screen revamp (unless this is under the map screen revamp, which doesn't make sense), nothing about the regional empire priority system, nothing about the improved vehicle cosmetic slots except for one specific item, nothing about separating score from experience, (From here on I can understand that it's not implemented because of a low rating, but still) no daily medals/achievements, no orbital strikes, and (thankfully) no spectator mode.

It also has some weird balance decisions. Like making C4 despawn, nerfing claymores more than other AP mines, nerfing TR by giving other factions more ammo, and making instant action not really useful any more because I have the chance of going somewhere I don't want to.
    Also, shouldn't: "The cloak effect on low graphics settings will no longer make the infiltrator completely invisible." be different? It's not completely invisible on low graphics, it's the opposite. I hope this is a typo, because if you're making the cloak more visible on low graphics, then that's just laughable.

I'm disappointed. Could you at least announce when the new shotguns are going to be released? I'm planning on using one of the only implemented features to determine what CQC weapon I'm buying, and I don't want it to be outdated a week after I bought it.

At least you didn't nerf the Flash's Fury like you said you would ("Explosive radius from ALL vehicle based damage sources have been reduced").
    • Up x 1