FPS Problems= HUD

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by variablez, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Hatamoto

It is noticed in large battles that taxes the cpu, unless you are gpu bound that is
  2. Crovex

Rocking 60 fps standing still then I start moving and drop to about 20 fps.. heaven forbid people start shooting at me, then its like 5-10 FPS.. While using a $4k computer from Digital Storm where I can rock Far Cry 3 on ultra settings with no problems at all.
  3. Crovex

I've never been so upset with a game that has so much potential to be doing so poorly at it's support! Patches are supposed to improve a game, but in PS2.. each one almost makes it worse.. and this keeps happening till nobody wants to play it any more. All my friends have quit now, so I will be looking for a new outfit or join the crowd and bail on this game also. I feel like I have invested a lot of time and money into this for SOE to screw us over.
    • Up x 1
  4. MMACK

I noticed a solid 5 fps increase from an up-down 35-42 to steady 41~42 - still not back to what it was pre gu14 - can't play as medic with no hud also TR light assault look like NC light assault on lowest at long distance.

Clams my [cpu] is the bottleneck, using less then 50% of my cpu - scumbag PS2.
    Pre gu14 it wasn't great but it was 70~80%

Also looking into cancelling my membership but soe.com won't keep me logged-in after I navgiate from login-in at this page:
    :mad:
  5. Hatamoto

I dont know about reality, but i get the "feeling" they dont really take their games seriously ... how else do you explain why the game is the first of its kind, the first really massive mmofps, and its being treated like its just another shooter. As Blizzard is virtually alone in the mmorpg genre (name one title that beats this cash cow in cash making), SOE could be alone and on top in the mmofps genre... they are alone, but even then they are not taking the opportunity to really cash in before someone else does.

I just dont get it ... SOE has the resources to invest in its titles, its not a run of the mill company
  6. Scheizty

I am curious to why SOE would be making changes to the UI in the first place if they were not aware of it being a resource hog. I am sure that sony is aware of the problem.

With software corporations, you have dedicated teams of different skills and expertises. This means that the team that is designing aesthetics is able to complete their work on camos and new weapons, whereas the code teams are working on the UI and optimization, which have not come to a solid completion because it is changing/evolving.

I feel for the optimization team because:

1. The balance of performance and gameplay in MMORPS is challenging (a likely reason why it has rarely been done). They have to respond to requests to make the UI more friendly with faction colors, squad recognition, resource optimization, graphics, etc. All of the user requests to improve the game are great, but they will have to compromise performance to make it work with every additional bell or whistle. When you add more calculations to every user, you are exponentially loading the CPU when you have hundreds of users in one base. This is not such a huge problem in FPS games that have limited users in each server. In this game, solving one problem can create another because of the CPU intensity.

2. They are the team that is the response to user complaints, which are endless in this massive game of rock, paper, scissors. First they have to filter the complaints and come up with a good approach to solving the problem, which does not always serve the greatest good or largest crowd. A steady state game cannot please everyone. And a game that has complete customization is buggy at best.

I hope that they find a solution for a simpler UI so that I can enjoy what I want (which is not necessarily everyone), better gameplay and fun, not colorful maps and squad markers.

SCH
  7. Hatamoto

They could just make the HUD customizable so that if i CHOOSE i can DISABLE the CPU HEAVY factors ... but hell no, lets keep the cluttered mess the way it is. We have asked for this numerous times before, so if they knew about the HUD being **** they could have atleast given us the option to turn some **** off? Customer suggestions and requests however seems to be very far down on the priority list, almost none existant
  8. Hatamoto

I have no doubt all of the above are legitimate arguments. But they CHOSE to go with dx9, bad multicore support and none existant AMD support .. they also CHOSE to release the game too early instead of believing in the worlds first mmofps and spend some extra cash and time on the games development. I would expect more from such a large company tbh, thats all im saying.
  9. Gammit

I will try disabling the HUD tonight. If it works, I will be temporarily drawing a cross-hair on my monitor.
    • Up x 1
  10. jihon83

If your game will run, it's probably a good time to start practicing with your mid- and long-range weapons, purely to make use of ADS and "hard sights". Though the game can be surprisingly hectic without the mini-map.
  11. jihon83

Oddly enough, the game can run when I am using the VR training area, with a fair, but constant, FPS that's allowing me to practice "some". But when I log onto one of the continents, performance takes a nosedive and I'm encountering the frame rate drops "even" more often. I tried to fight on Waterson, first at Quartz Ridge, then at the Crown, and every two or three seconds, the game would tank, even the audio was starting to desync. During all of those stutters, the FPS option said that my GPU was the cause, rather than the CPU. Literally, this game is coming closer and closer to becoming unplayable everyday, and I have to wonder if another "hotfix" is making things worse, as I saw there was "another" phantom download when I attempted to play just a bit ago.
  12. Gammit

This did nothing for me. Max of 40 fps with 10-low 30s in a small fight. Both with and without the HUD.
  13. dreamcast87

Hey fellow gamers just a quick update. I booted up the client about 10pm on Friday after i got home from work and noticed a 40mb patch that downloaded so I logged in to see if my performance issues were fixed and it wasn't until i remembered my SLI was still enabled so i disabled it (leaving my second card to handle Physx) and re-logged back in. NOW the game runs much better than before the lag and stuttering are gone and I can run the game without Physx crashing every 5 minutes. PS I'm using the most recent beta drivers from Nvidia hope you're all getting the same results with this patch.
  14. XRIST0

Guys try reducing render quality to 80% , the game looks abit crap but its definatly much smoother .. worth a try for now
  15. ZioGTS

Yes, indeed. They acknowledged the issue and sais they're looking for a fix, at least.

Code:
    Ciao ZioGTS,

questo problema è stato reportato e speriamo venga fixato al piú presto.
    Ci scusiamo per il disagio.

Cordiali saluti,

Francesco
    Support Team

ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH
    A company of ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG

... that translates into: "this problem has been reported and we hope it's going to be fixed as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience".
  16. Logoss

I tried this and disabled the HUD and saw almost no difference at all with my frames on my system. Not sure why I don't have the huge improvement others seem to but I tested it in WG and large battles and came up with nothing. Tho it did seem to run a bit smoother at some intense multiple explosions, there was no change in CPU locked 30-40FPS. Tho I have found that FoV and reducing sound channels does improve frame rates but its not worth the trade off for an extra 5-10fps when 90% of the sound effects are gone and my FoV is so small.
  17. MMACK

Newest patch fixed /or partly restored my fps, idk/care/cbf playing atm.
    Note to any nVidia users - I know that in the CS:GO patch notes it's recommends everyone use the latest beta drivers due to a memory leak in the current ones - not sure if thats a general thing or just a CS:GO incompatibility - thought it was worth posting tho - I help where I can.
  18. Bloodlet

So the latest patch still hasn't cleared this up. I did notice that Alt-tabbing out and back in seems to help reset my FPS back to somewhat normal levels although one time it also made me CTD.
  19. jihon83

I nearly played through an entire alert, at least. With disabling SLI and running with all settings at Low/Off, aside from Graphics, which was set on Ultra, I was able to play for about an hour and half through a consistently big battle over Freyr Amp Station. It was interesting because, without SLI, I was actually pulling a constantly high rate of 50 FPS. Unfortunately, it all came crashing down when the 5:00 minute timer came up for the alert. As soon as the HUD timer changed to bring that number to the center-top of the screen, my framerate began to tank. Every other second, it was dropping down to anywhere between 0-30 FPS. It would settle down when I stopped moving, but as soon as I'd walk or run, it'd begin to chug again. So I quit "right" after the alert ended. So the problem isn't fixed, at all. I can play, but I'm playing in a way that defeats the purpose of this computer thanks to only using one GPU, though I could finally play with GPU particles, but I'd rather get 60-100 FPS than see sparklers. Not only that, but the problem still came back.

That said, is anyone else experiencing the same thing, where you can play okay with the "phantom" hotfix from last night, but as soon as the UI changes, like to bring up the alert timer, its performance tanks?
  20. Nate

I've tried alt-tabbing, didn't help my frame rate at all. One time it crashed me to desktop when I tried to go back.