FPS Problems= HUD

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by variablez, Aug 19, 2013.

1. SnuggX

my first post since aages on those forums
    why?
    this thread shows it.

2 pages with players that have massive issues with frames (which i also have)
    + the ammount of players that just don´t care to post anything anymore on those forums...

and u don´t see any tiny lil developer jumping in and saying :

"yes, we see the problem, and we try to do something about it."

:eek:
    • Up x 1
  2. jihon83

Even if the HUD-less solution is working, it still makes sense to file for a support ticket, at the least, it may further highlight this problem and bring it directly to the attention of SOE. If enough people are having problems with the HUD causing stuttering, maybe it will be one of the first things to get some of Smedley's optimizing love.
  3. Hatamoto

Now thats an idea, but that takes everyone filing a ticket ... and everyone should too, because everyone is loosing unwarranted fps from the HUD being activated.
  4. Hatamoto

But that would mean having to admit a problem
  5. Crovex

Since beta, I have been playing the game with High settings at 40-60 FPS.. After this last patch.. I have to run the game on Low in order to keep a 20-30 FPS just to survive a gun fight where the enemy isn't stuttering all over my screen. I did turn off the hud and holy cow.. my FPS sky rockets! But, now I can't see peoples health when I try to heal them.. or have crosshairs when trying to aim.. etc. Few of my friends have quit playing the game due to this issue and I am about to ditch this game also since SOE is more interested in depo items than performance.
    • Up x 1
  6. jihon83

Oi, my FPS is still suffering, even with the HUD-less perspective, though I've been trying to play on an EU server, so maybe that "somehow" plays a part. But instead of dropping from just 70 FPS, it's now dropping from 100 FPS to 0, but it averages out to 3 FPS as calculated by PS2's frame counter. This is "really" bothersome and I may not be able to play until there is some sort of fix.

Anyone have any good suggestions for an FPS that doesn't use hitscan, so I can keep my burgeoning "skillz" developing until the optimization updates start?
  7. variablez

Thanks, i have disabled sli and the games run at a good fps once again.
  8. ReformerTR

I submitted a ticket and said about the HUD was affecting my fps and that I have already tried deleting the files in the PS folder.

The reply I got back was:

We are sorry your game is crashing please located you Planetside folder and delete the following files

I never said I was crashing!! I've already tried deleting these files.....
    • Up x 3
  9. ZioGTS

I also submitted a ticket on Prosiebensat system as I'm european. I'll let you know the reply and translate it for you...
  10. Hatamoto

wtf ... seriously now?
    • Up x 1
  11. Bloodlet

Apparently this is what I have been noticing the last few days. Before the recent updates the game run great and I run almost everything but shadows at high with physx on at 1680x1050 and it WAS smooth and looked great with all the physx sparkles and all that. Now since the last update in any sort of large fight my system just chugs down to 9fps and I can barely move or aim. This needs to be fixed asap SOE.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ravenorth

Tested just a moment ago and got 10-15 more fps...
  13. MMACK

14. Hatamoto

Its in the range of what id expect after a good performance fix, and it hadnt been such an issue if i could atleast keep the crosshair
  15. ReformerTR

Have they come back to you yet?
  16. Stray29th

Huge performance boost for me.
  17. MMACK

I told John Smedley this 4 hours ago:
    ^has time to tweet about a particular actor playing a certain superhero tho - like every man his dog has already said the same thing

Yep being ignored

Rant[SPOILER]
    I'm gonna give it 24 hours for them to comment - if nothin' then I'm canceling my membership f*** 'em - ****s can't even take the time to comment on this OR almost anything on this forum, I've done a youtube series total 2.5 hours all about base design for PS2 - it's solely for SOE/PS2 - I've put f***ing hours-days into that, not one F***ING COMMENT - before anyone's like "I'm sure they know what they're doing" BS - spawn rooms that can be camped by tanks and liberators with absolutely no counter - thats terrible design and so they "fix it" by make it worse - they need help/advice.
    I was polite - now I'm just f***ing frustrated like everyone else, this CAN be the BEST fps, but the framerate sucks etc etc - what's the player retention rate of this game? 3%? 6%?
    The whole point of this game is massive battles with 1000's of players - this game struggles with 32 and looks like mud... ...being 32bit sure doesn't help - but makes me laugh, no really when I realised this was 32bit and ****** my HDD to do all its RAM juggling(prioritising what rubbish skin/helmet to load into ram by who/what is closest), I was silent for 5 or so mins then manically laughed for way way too long.[/SPOILER] End Rant.

On positive note at least they release updates often - unlike say Dice/EA which can't be arsed doing any real patching for BF3 (ie map exploits from launch)
  18. Joe_da_cro

is the performance gains shown only when in a big battle? as in warpgate i notice no difference in frames, but have not ran into a big battle to test properly
  19. teh_masterer

The UI is only affecting the CPU performance of the game. You are probably limited by your GPU in the warpgate.
  20. IamDH

I had no FPS drop and i have no FPS gain by doing this

PS: Im also GPU limited if that is related to anything