Feedback Thread for the "PlanetSide 2 Test Weekend"

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DarkTexas, Mar 12, 2015.

1. ShineOut

The flight physics, they feel loose and and un-responsive to a small extent. Don't like it very much
    • Up x 1
  2. Thasarion

I noticed no difference in flight controls, but once the sky disappeared. Literally. No sky background. All I did was enter an outpost and then leave it.
  3. DarkTexas Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

I wasn't fighting, i was standing in a WG and answering Questions which i got via /tells.

And btw, its 1:45 PM, Devs will be playing at 3PM :)
  4. StabbinTime

After getting a bit more familiar with the different flying system, I still found it very unenjoyable.
    As a pilot who likes to fly low and try to dodge the trees and buildings, I had difficulties. Flying felt unresponsive and I crashed a lot. I feel like I would've crashed less with the good old flying system. Also, the mouse sensitivity felt slow. I don't think that's supposed to happen.
    So, for the dogfighting part, I missed much more than normal. The A and D turning (and turning in general) was uncomfortable. I think a pilot with the old flying could kill a pilot with this flying system easily.
    I really hope you don't change the flying system to this, I think the current one is perfect as it is and I would fly much less without it.
  5. JebOfKerbin

Test Server seems very stable, as well as loading a lot faster than previous versions. I prefer the new flight controls, and Koltyr will work well, i believe. Only bugs are that team damage only occasionally occurs when in warpgates(not sure if it's supposed to or not...)
  6. LordZues

Test server feels nice, after a bit of crashing, and waiting till the next day, the test server doesn't crash for me anymore.
    As far as aircraft, controls feel nicer and are a lot better for me who is a novice pilot. I think the new controls will make it easier for new players. Blackhand is nice, although feels like a commissioner, just with a huge scope. Looks good though.
  7. Chippah

Making precise movements with aircraft is a lot harder with the new controls. Other than that, the test server seems to have an unusual amount of fools that don't realize they're sprinting past an enemy and get shot in the back. So that's fun.
  8. Tertiary03

The flight controls seem much better to me, but I don't fly an ESF often. I'm not experiencing any crashing, just some bad FPS. The new continent looks amazing, good work. Blackheart is amazing, wish it did more damage than the commissioner to compensate for it's lack of bullets though :/

Does the helmet get redeemed after Sunday? I don't want to be an impatient *******, jw. :)
  9. Media

Primary things I noticed. Apologies if any have been previously mentioned:

Mouse sensitivity on pitch is still poor for me. Using 800dpi, if I slowly move my mouse up or down my aircraft doesn't appear to pitch at all. If I move the mouse faster I get input. It's almost as if the mouse has a deadzone on the sensitivity. It is like this on the live servers too. It makes precise aiming very difficult for me, it feels jumpy and jagged.

I play with Mouse+Keyboard but I set the Joystick Sensitivity setting to 0 for no particular reason, and after doing that I lost keyboard yaw control. A and D did nothing. Increasing Joystick Sensitivity restored keyboard yaw control. I expect they shouldn't be connected like that. The live servers, if I remember correctly, have a joystick sensitivity range between 1.0 and 1.5 and this doesn't happen, test servers have a range from 0.0 and 1.0 and it becomes very noticeable at lower sensitivities and seems to disable yaw completely at 0.

I felt there were too many Out of Bounds warnings on Koltyr. Every time I flew over a mountain I seemed to have it flashing in front of my face. It may be a little off putting to newer players.

I like the new textures.

Also, I would love to see yaw on mouse one day.

Thank you.
    • Up x 1
  10. WoodsOfNarnia

Lock-on squads and air squads are incredibly OP in such a small space. Increase the boundary limits.
  11. Detectivemac

Alright, I'm a terrible pilot, but from what little I felt

ESFs: Controls feel a bit clunkier and more unwieldy, which isn't entirely a bad thing, if you ask me. Air vehicles are way too easy to fly in Planetside, the amount of damage one ESF can do against a mob of infantry and then escape untouched is pretty crazy and I figure dogfights/air superiority should be further encouraged.

Valkyries: Felt about the same controls-wise, but far more survivable. Managed to get away from a flak gun and two mosquitos on my tail alive. It's still pretty bad at killing things, but at least now, it isn't made of paper. Maybe it's just because I had the certs on the test server to full cert comp, though.
  12. jasonismobile

I can't put my finger on it but i had a ALOT harder time aiming my ESF yesterday. I would constantly over shoot or under shoot my aim on other esfs. I am usually a pretty good shot in the base game.
    • Up x 1
  13. GetLostAlready

Honestly I don't feel any difference in the flight controls - they are fine for me.
  14. Bivnir

15. Rhumald

This may be why I didn't notice much of a change, I had my Joystick sensitivity set to 1.0 on live and made sure it was the same in test, I'll have to play around with this myself later tonight.

Edit: Apparently sometimes I fail to read entire sentences, Sorry for the accidental quote Bivnir.
  16. Thurwell

I fly in planetside quite a bit, and the aircraft controls on PTS are completely messed up. The ESF is far more sluggish than it hsould be, it feels like I'm trying to fly a lib. And I don't even know what's up with the yaw.

The stated goal is to make mouse and keyboard flying feel the same as before, and that is obviously not the case. But more importantly, why are you trying to adjust how flight works on the controller by adjusting the basic flight mechanics? That's ridiculous, adjust the controller inputs and leave the flight mechanics alone.

The ESF feels just awful, I couldn't wait to stop the test.

And another thing, if you want us to test out the flight controls why can people even pull skyguards? Koltyr is troll central right now.

I think it goes without saying that if these changes or anything like them go through I and most pilots are done with this game. I can't imagine another way to show more contempt for long time players.

Edit: I can't do it, I can't spend 30m yelling at this fat POS ESF to please turn like it should, even to get a free helmet. I'm done.

Edit 2: If you want us to test out the flight controls why can people even pull A2A lockons? You don't care about how the ESF flies with lock ons, you just point in the general direction of the enemy and click your mouse button every few seconds.
    • Up x 2
  17. Dethonlegs

On Koltyr, I hacked an MBT vehicle terminal on a base connected to the Tech plant but was unable to spawn a Magrider.
  18. forgottenhero

Flight controls seem the same to me...accept turning did seem a bit smoother...

OBTW, when do we get the Analyst helmet? Please specify...
  19. ksp_

When I reached the ceiling, my reaver controls got temporarily stuck. Every time. Not only the controls, also the physics. As if there was something holding the ESF in place there for a few seconds.
  20. Troublehound

I don't fly a whole lot but, I have flown enough to notice something was off right away. Roll seems fine, I don't use yaw a whole lot but, Pitch on the other hand feels very sluggish and unresponsive. There were many times I crashed due to the pitch of the aircraft being not as responsive as on live. This also lead to a harder time tracking targets in dogfights and many, many crashes into things I normally wouldn't.

Another thing I noted, was that even though there were many aircraft ammo pads at the koltyr warpgate, none actually refilled aircraft ammo but, instead would act as ammo towers and refilled ground vehicle ammo instead. I also noticed the air ammo pads at the koltyr warpgate have the ground ammo tower symbols on the minimap.