Feedback Thread for the "PlanetSide 2 Test Weekend"

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DarkTexas, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Braetek

The roll axis on aircraft seem really sluggish to me. Like the changes to the Valk but for the love of vanu make Squad Spawn a passive ability.
  2. ptbnknknkx

The tutorial tips/notices were showing up only on the right for me, the other half doesn't show.

:(
  3. BXAlbatross

I've posted this as it's own thread, but I'll post it here too. Haven't tried a 360 controller yet. The keyboard and mouse controls still feel fine.

I've had a run through with the new flight control tweaks. They feel a LITTLE bit better, but some glaring issues are still present, making controller flight utterly pointless. I have been using a Thrustmaster T-FLIGHT HOTAS for this test.
    • Analog maneuvering slightly improved, more stable and smooth.
    • Analog thruster control still badly broken: analog values are reversed, meaning pulling back on the throttle increases speed, etc.
    • Analog thruster control very imprecise. Analog values of 0- -40% show speed correlation roughly 0-100%.
    • Ascend/Descend controls need analog input. Attempting to bind an analog input to the digital control results in permanent actuation of that control.
    • Analog maneuvering, Roll/Pitch much more fluid. Solid improvement.
    • Analog thruster controls sometimes stop responding altogether.
    • Button inputs don't feel responsive. (Tests in other games such as MFS show good response times)
    • Analog yaw still bad. No perceivable change.
    All in all, the controller support for PS2 is severely lacking. Needs a LOT of analog input tweaking.
  4. Meliagaunt

Hullo!
    This was lots of fun! Ran into one minor glitch:
    Reaver got shot to low health and warning siren started beeping, but even after I landed and autorepair healed me back up to full the low health siren wouldn't stop going off!
    Not sure if this is a known glitch or just something weird. I don't fly too much!
    Other than that had a blast :D
  5. Hoopladoodle

Flying overall seems to be much less twitchy and smoother! Only odd thing was that during a Galaxy flight, I was shot at until the warning alarm went off, and despite using the fire suppression and manually repairing as an engie, the sound remained for the rest of that flight. Also, love the new Icarus Jet sounds! It was kind of odd having no sound in a real server/client.
  6. seabass33

Using mouse+keyboard pitch seemed a bit slow compared to yaw
  7. Mike1121

Overall i had no issue with the flight control adjustments. They felt good to me, better than the controls on live servers right now. Most notably pitching seems significantly more reponsive. I did not notice any change in the yaw controls and the roll seems to have no changes either. Koltyr is impressive, i love the base designs and would like to see them implemented on other continents, but i understand that could be a long way off. Ive been noticing that on test server the color scheme seems to be a bit darker for infantry default camo (at least on lower graphical settings). The gray of the TR in particular was almost graphite colored to me. In contrast to this the environment colors seem to be brighter, but maybe with slightly lower texture quality.
  8. Chettone

Well, after 30 min of flying a Reaver my conclusions are:
    - Controls seem to be smoother. Its easier to control/aim with mouse.
    - Tourning speed/sensitibity seems to be slower than before and therefore it makes it dificult to start a reverse maneouver for me.

Koltyr Impresions:
    - Too much fog.
    - Too much water

7.8/10
  9. palto1826

yeah biggest thing for me was the constant on fire alarm...everything else seemed fine but then again idk what mouse settings if been using on the live server since release so i tried to get everything back close to what ive been using
  10. CuddleNinja

I like Koltyr, minus the fog which at some point seemed to come out of nowhere. The bases seem well designed but they might be overwhelming for a new player.
    As for the new flying implements, pitch, yaw and roll seemed a little bit slower in the Reaver. Flying overall seemed a bit slower. That's not to say that the controls weren't responsive it was just slower, if that makes sense.
  11. Frego

For some reason, the first time when i spawned a reaver i crashed instantly, but everything went well after i came back into the game though.
    The flight controls however were annoying, especially when using freelook it would ruin the direction my plane was flying. It also feels like it makes flying esfs slower. The mouse aiming for me seemed to accelerate which doesn't happen in live.
  12. REmoonWarrior

I felt like the aircraft controls where a little clunky, they just didn't response as well as I was used to.
  13. Thurwell

This thread is the funniest thing ever. 9/10 posts consist of "I don't fly much on live but I don't see what's different".

That's because you don't fly much, they could replace the ESFs with potatoes and you wouldn't know!
  14. EasyTargetNC

First thanks for accepting feedback from players.

I normally do not fly much and am more of ground fighter but for me i thought I was able to control my galaxy better then before. I did notice that there was a slower response for the yaw which I do not use as much as others due to my lack of flight skills. Unless hitting trees is a skill in which case I rock. :) I do think that the slower yaw did enable me to keep my plane in the upright position longer then I normally am in.
  15. offkilter

no crash ran fine for me
  16. Commander British

TL;DR
    I am an inept pilot, not a particular fan of the flight changes, but I'll get used to it; a second Koltyr for higher levels would be cool; Koltyr itself seems like a pretty nice condensed version of the standard game; only a couple of glitches; HATS!1!!!11!!

Otherwise,
    PREPARE FOR EXTREME WAFFLE! (bring syrup)

Flight:
    Despite constantly dying due to my ineptitude at A2A piloting, I did enjoy the brief flight times before being shot down, felt pretty great being in the giant dog-fight in the middle of the map, walls of flak everywhere. Wasn't a fan of the flight changes though, prefer the old model personally, but that's probably just because it's what I am used to flying with and will probably get used to it for continuing my good old-fashioned A2G noobness in no time. In future for testing out vehicle changes, I would perhaps suggest doubling Nanite income/infinite Nanites/no Nanite cost for said vehicles as I kept running out due to previously mentioned ineptitude, which was rather frustrating, so after achieving around 33 minutes flight time I stopped playing, I will definitely come back to it later in the weekend though.

Koltyr:
    An upside to the waiting for my Nanites to regenerate was that I had plenty of time to fight it out on the ground, rather enjoyed the ground combat of Koltyr which makes it a bit of a shame it'll only be for the newbies. Would be lovely to have a second version of it for higher ranks; I imagine with all of the cover between bases, those rather nice simple base layouts and the generally smaller map higher ranked players could have some amazing three-way fights there. Even so, it seems to me like a nice condensed version of normal combat that I personally feel would help ease a new player into the game more comfortably while still giving them a challenge (still attempting to get a couple of friends to try again after they got scared off).

Glitches:
    Only encountered a couple of glitches, my character turned female at one point on the load-out terminal screen, unsure if my character actually was in-game or not; I saw a Galaxy and a Valkyrie get parts (e.g. landing gear, tails) stuck underneath the ground near the air-craft terminals just outside where you spawn in the TR warp-gate and were unable to take-off and I was team-killed in the warp-gate.

Other stuff:
    I also quite like the new helmets and the recoloring of the TR's basic armor, very nice.

In all I rather enjoyed my first go at one of the PTS servers and will definitely check out future ones if they have anything interesting, looking forward to patch (mainly for those lovely new TR hats). If you read through this, I am sorry, nobody should have to sit through my waffle, I can only offer you cuddles and sympathy.
  17. Kas Nagant

The air craft controls feel rather clunky and slow compared to live and frustrating to aim with..
  18. TheKatt

I was getting the need repair warning, after fully repairing .
  19. Rhumald

I've spent some time flying around as NC, generating an opinion. the more I fly the Reaver the more i absolutely love the changes. Everything feels really tights and responsive, and while I didn't like that at first, it has grown on me considerably.

I've been flying with a similar setup to what I have on live (hover on Reaver, racer on everything else) and the controls across all air craft feel wonderfull tightened up as they are now, a responsive craft is a good craft. My only complaint is that, with the tightened controls, [A] and [D] (yaw) feels a bit sluggish, and when using the middle mouse button to free look, as previously stated, the craft will still roll, which is undesirable. Overall, love it more than live.
  20. SuperMrCart

Well seems to me that the flight system hasnt really changed, although i havent flown at all ingame, Giving that statement i think most people who do not fly often will not notice a change. A few bugs i noticed in the kotyr warpgate, 1: under main walkway to center of warpgate their is an invisible wall, the flags on the warpgates dont change. and that all for now. I'll keep checking out the flight system for a bit.;D