Extended Server Maintenance June 24th - Server Merges

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 23, 2014.

1. vsae

Eu servers downtime cuz US servers merge. Totally makes sense.
    • Up x 2
  2. DocCruel

My top TR character is on Mattherson and my second best TR character is on Waterson. Do I lose one of them?
  3. NinjaTurtle

I agree this seems very odd and shouldn't be the case.

No
    • Up x 2
  4. Finbee

The reason ALL of the servers are going down is due to a minor changes in the language files (Changing the names of EMC and The Octagon) and to fix some of the issues involving desync which affects every server.
  5. M2_Bradley

Will Esamir Munitions Corp. be renamed to Mattherson Munitions Corp. and the Octagon to Waterson Citadel?...
  6. flyingaxe1

First off why all servers is escaping most people on here also why not do it all on Thursday instead of 2 separate days. Plus I am in europe, waterson and mattherson are on the other side of the planet.
  7. Ace Carteria

What will occur to characters on Waterson/Matherson?

Will their selected servers be shown as the name of the new server automagically?

Or will SOE go around correcting character's servers manually?
  8. FillyFluttershy

I don't recall the details, but when Jaeger and Waterson merged many moons ago it was pretty seamless. Your character should just be there as per usual, except now it will say Emerald in place of Waterson/Mattherson. Nothing to worry about.
  9. norfolkandchance

He means Planetside not this ill fated sham Panetside 2
  10. Finbee

The characters on Waterson and Mattherson will be moved into Mattherson, and then Mattherson and all references to the Mattherson server in the locale/language files will be switched to Emerald. So it's not technically a "New" server.
  11. Metcal

There have been many server maintenances done (hence, all servers down).
    This one will be longer as it is including a merge of servers.

Game dieing, really?!?
    Heard that stuff for 6 of my 8 years playing PS1.
    Servers have been over numbered since release for reason (development as well as cont #/pop# etc. reasons).
    This and merges to come have been predictable since day 1.
    This game is not dead until PS3 in approximately the year 2020.

Oh yeah, the sky is falling! :)
    • Up x 2
  12. Chris Bingley

You can't find big fights???? Are you sure you've got your monitor switched on, there's loads on cobalt, especially where you TRID boys are concerned. :D
  13. LordMondando

Giant zergfits ruin fights. That's the problem.
  14. Akuzimo

Y'all complaining about your European servers going down as well, I guess you don't want the other update stuff as well? Sure, that can be done. They aren't just merging two servers.
  15. Alizona

Well isn't this just an unexpected surprise this morning! No PS2!!

It's okay, I need all the excuses in the world to get my butt outside and enjoy the sunshine. This darn computer has turned my skin a fine shade of pasty white - June is the right time to turn it a glowing shade of beet red instead. :)
    • Up x 1
  16. lionsta

Learn to type correctly before posting such a shi.tty opinion. I don't even farm too much ground, i am saying this because with 40 shells its not enough to play, especially when u have remain with 10 shells and 1 or more esfs attack. You can't defend yourself with so few ammo. GOT IT? If i would want to farm i would get a PPA on mag and let the farm begin. And don't you compare ground vehicles with air vehicles - it's 2 completely different things.
  17. TheShrapnelKing

NOOOOOOO!!! WATERSON AND MATTHERSON ARE GOOOOONE!!!

I mean it's good they are gone but nevertheless

NOOOOO I MISS YOOOOUUUUU!!!!
    • Up x 1
  18. Exonis

If they do rename The Octagon to Waterson Citadel
    and
    Esamir Munitions Corp. to Mattherson Munitions Corp.
    Then
    All NC Weaponry made my Esamir Munitions Corp. has to be renamed as well.
    This means
    EM1, EM4 & EM6 must be renamed MM1, MM4 & MM6, respectively.
  19. Amenofhis

i Recently log in with my only account and i dont see my characters, but i see it in the list.. what happend?
  20. randomtree1

I think that breaking Cont Locking away from the Continental Lattice is a bad idea. They really need eachother to function properly.

While I like the ideas, i would like to see:

1: A continent being locked by capturing 100% of the territory. Not just compleating a alert type event. It should be a fight to the very end.
    2: No limit on continent locks. If an empire manages to force the other 2 factions back, they win. This was essentially the "goal" in PS1. To sanc lock both enemy empires. And get some kind of award for doing so.
    speaking of...
    3: Sanctuaries. In order to allow for continents to be locked without limit, we need somewhere for players to go when their "home" continent gets locked out.

Battle islands will also greatly assist the Locking system. Personally i would wait untill the intercontinental lattice is ready to rock.

listen to this guy