Extended Server Maintenance June 24th - Server Merges

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Desann

I think people are missing the major issue with the server merges here....the game is dying...

Yes it will be nice to have more population on Math-Wat-erson, but why are there population issues? BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE LEAVING THIS GAME.

I am sorry, but that is the reality. SOE needs to advertise more and push for more content that brings this game closer to PS1 in regards to lattice, continent locking, and MOAR MAPS!!!!

Seriously I would be happy with 10 more quickly made maps that get tweaked over time. My prediction for Hossin: about 1 month of OMFG THIS IS AWESOME, and then back to the Indar grind fest. That is unless they continent lock and force us to fight on 1 of 4 maps....*sigh* the near future isn't very bright, at least for me, in this game...

DayZ anyone? :D
    • Up x 1
  2. Church41349

So why do all servers have to go down just for 2 to be merged?
  3. Alyz

Maybe because they want to change some other things while they are at it? Just a wild guess.
  4. Jbrain

Sigh, The game isn't dieing.. However Sony wants more people to get to experience planetside 2 instead of those on the highest pop servers. When they first done the servers they wasn't sure how many each one can handle.. so they made more than were necessary to make sure everyone gets a lag free game. Now they know the game can handle it. Also with the extra continents the players will be slightly more divided on where they play and more POP helps it easier to find a fight which is by far every new players complaint, especially those who don't know how to switch continents at first.
    • Up x 2
  5. Scr1nRusher

They should increase the server pop caps for the servers back to there old levels of max pop,
  6. Brasil

The game is dying, low population, good players stopping to play .... many nerfs.

population problem, waterson population nc 40% vs 31% 29% tr.
    • Up x 1
  7. RaTzo

The game is dying because SOE has been balancing the game for their least invested players.
    • Up x 2
  8. Brasil

good times when striker was good, and the staff drop in nc wp.:(
  9. Scr1nRusher

Enough with the negatively you 3.
  10. GeminiSol

This better include a 100% dedicated Optimization for the game. So I can finally have no more framerate issues. Like everytime I get shot, I get into CQC or when I try flying. Or everytime I try going to a Techplant or Amp station.

Or if this merge doesn't include that. The next update better.
  11. DK22

yep, I was just there for about an 1/2 hour, must of done it today, cuz I checked this morning too (same the last month).
    mini map looks fixed, matches the FP view now. looking good.
  12. DK22

if the pop is dying, how come everywhere I go 2 dozen enemy show up? Leave us old farts alone!
    • Up x 1
  13. 10thRMDredd

Before i started playing this, the most glorious game in the history of the human species, I had the impression that everyone should have their opinion heard. That there was value in listening to all. Young, old, poor, rich, educated and uneducated. I believed that all people had the gift/spark of sentience and common sense and had a deep underlying love of humanity and the advancement of the species as a whole.
    After playing Planetside2 and reading the forums I realize that i was possibly the most stupid person in the world.....
    I don't even see how we even got to democracy..... People don't really deserve it.
    The average uninformed/emotive opinion is totally worthless except to know...the average opinion. It helps with predetermining the herd's next choice...
    Sssshhh don't tell anyone that you will upset them.

To all of those people i may have insulted....glad you recognized I was talking about you.

p.s. Some of you are stunningly awesome. You know who you are. The rest, you sicken me...come on zombie apocalypse (so long as the servers stay up). We need a purging....

just sayin.... :)
  14. Desann

cuz lattice
  15. lolblades

"Extended" meaning at least a day of downtime? If so, will boosts be paused during the maintenance?
  16. SuperSasquatch

The player drop occurs in every game sometime after release. Even if people aren't disappointed with a game, they might switch to another just because it's new and more interesting to them. Personally I tend to stick with a single game for a while until I get bored of it. This always happens for me because the developers stop pushing out new content or because they don't improve the game.

I personally would like to see PS2 game play become more complex. Game changing stuff unlike these useless new weapons. If SOE releases another gun, it better be bigger than a tank. I'm talking megadeath proportions.

The Waterson / Matherson merge should have happened many months ago. Many people have moved to Connery because of player drop, which worsens the problem

If an alert is for a single continent, and the continent doesn't lock more often than not, it's time for a merge.
  17. PastalavistaBB

US Server merges, so no playtime for EU for 2 days. Makes sense...
    • Up x 2
  18. lionsta

SOE - please buff the ammo capacity on the dalton a bit. You reduced splash damage so we can't farm infantry anymore and we need very good aim for killing even anything, and with all those skyguards that can be pulled from anywhere now its hard to even fly anymore... It's a too big nerf to the dalton, i agree it should have been nerfed , but not from 120 to 40 , that's too much , make it atleast 60 so its 50% reduction ... COME ON !!!
  19. iNewConglomerat

lol dem vehicle farmers. what is it actually? 40 is not enough to hang above the respawn and spam shells all the time while base is being capped? why vnaguard has maximum 49? like vanguard is easy to drive to ammo suplpy than liberator to fly the the supply. jesus those thirsty farmers...
  20. TheShrapnelKing

I'm fairly sure we already proved we are.