Extended downtime today

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by codeForge, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stordito

I would like to point out that planetside is still the only MMO fps out there. really, the amount of tech behind a game like this is mind boggling.
    Beside, they loose money when people can't play, if they pulled the plug for maintenance there must be really good reason.
  2. RectalRooter

They took the servers down for maintenance that was supposed to last about 6 hours, but lasted 10(?). Then, they brought them back up for what, 10 minutes before taking them down again?

Hehehe.

Must be serious.
  3. Zakuak

Still????
    heheh

Ok I'm off work in 10 minutes...I'm going to head to the store and buy some beers and bits for dinner later.

So help me god those servers best be up and running when I get home if you know whats good for you!
    hahaha.

GL SOE team I hope you guys get it sorted out...maybe I'll check out P*rnhub for a bit =P
  4. Ultramarine

As I'd mentioned before on this thread, Chaos theory. As our computing becomes more complicated it also becomes so sensitive that simply running it on another machine identical to the first can return entirely different results. Error is to be expected with just about every game run over the internet for pretty much ever.
  5. Nahwel

YEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!
  6. Lyonid

According to the main forum page, "Briggs [AU]" has been up for at least 20 minutes.

So I guess now might be a good time to say "Welcome to your new status as 'Public Test Server A', Aussies!"
  7. Free Man

What´s the problem ?
    They have forgotten to log me off.
    So finally I did it..... :D
    I locked all 3 continents......

What a nice dream..........:rolleyes:
  8. Tatwi

[IMG]

No one else would dress like that on Christmas, right?
  9. PS2Freak

i going now to my own extended downtime today.

good night .
  10. ForgottenExile

The blue print... it burns my eyes... IT BURNS!
  11. daddy86

with all the crap we dealt with since gu3/4 i think we definatly deserve this
    • Up x 1
  12. Ataxio

I'm just glad they didn't blow up my boot.ini like EvE Online did years ago.

But seriously, running a MMO is no easy task. Cut em a break. I'm all for them fixing lag issues. On the other hand.... how in the world did you guys come up with a structure that allowed you to launch your mmo past beta without a test server? Because you know.... Test servers are over rated and all <_<
  13. Talon427

PlanetSide 2 the Chaos Theory in motion!

It's nice to hear something from the Devs this time though. I was enjoying the GPU Physics and it was so beautiful I cried a little... and to have it stable with out a horrible frame drop was nice too... hope they can keep up the fixes and get this game better then it was in beta :) I wonder if they have a way of tracking the system specs of the computers running PS2, and how many of them are mid range computers. It would be interesting to see. though I do hope some time this evening the servers come back up so we can enjoy the massive battles ( especially the beautiful night battles). Keep up the awesome work Dev Team! The Raging Engineers are looking forward to sending our enemies many bullets and laser beams!
  14. baronbonghits420

Sony Online Entertainment more like Sometimes Online Entertainment
    • Up x 3
  15. Free Man

It is hard for the Europe Gamers.
    I.E. in Germany the servers are down from 10 a.m. to now 10 pm.
    Pacific time it is now only 1 p.m right?
    Enough times left to play.......
  16. Ultramarine

Yes, it's working
    [IMG]

:)
  17. Talon427

PlanetSide 2 the Chaos Theory in motion!

It's nice to hear something from the Devs this time though. I was enjoying the GPU Physics and it was so beautiful I cried a little... and to have it stable with out a horrible frame drop was nice too... hope they can keep up the fixes and get this game better then it was in beta :) I wonder if they have a way of tracking the system specs of the computers running PS2, and how many of them are mid range computers. It would be interesting to see. though I do hope some time this evening the servers come back up so we can enjoy the massive battles ( especially the beautiful night battles). Keep up the awesome work Dev Team! The Raging Engineers are looking forward to sending our enemies many bullets and laser beams!
  18. baronbonghits420

Yo dawg you ******** dawg chaos theory ain't got nothing to do with the SHIP IT!!!! attitude

p.s. SHIP IT!! or rather, DEPLOY IT!!!
  19. baronbonghits420

Dude eve wiping boot.ini was one of literally the worst farcical coding ****ups in game industry history up with uninstalling myth wiping C:\
  20. Cheesybend

From someone with his own buisness well done, your need to keep us informed is top notch, hope its going well. Having said that get a firkin move on i've just watched master friggin chef and i think i liked it aaahhhhhhhhh
    • Up x 1
  21. Ultramarine

Post # 100!!!
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.