Daily reminder that the 90% of the weapons of PS2 are overpriced

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trucky, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Jaloro

Errr, no. You see, I really couldn't care less about slightly out of sync reload animations, textures and all the other dross you listed. In fact, I've never even noticed any of those things. I am more concerned with whether the bullets hit the target and how quickly said target dies.

If I test a weapon and it improves my play then I buy it. If it has a slightly discoloured barrel or something else equally inconsequential I don't care. I'm pretty sure noone in the history of FPS games has said to themselves "I died. But did you see his reload animation! Terrible! Haha jokes on you!"

What I do care about is if the weapon is truly terrible like battle rifles. If you had mentioned something like that I would totally agree.
  2. SuBs

Then you're a dumb consumer with more (pocket)money than sense and little in the way of standards. Sucks to be you. Are you really telling me that you're happy to continue spending $7 on guns regardless of their appearance and quality--even if they all look IDENTICAL--as long as they provide you with a slight performance boost?

Clearly you're in the minority here, and thank god for that. Quality reloading animations and decent textures and sounds might mean nothing to you for some twisted, illogical reason, but the vast majority of people who play FPS games appreciate them, which is why so much effort goes into them when developing these games.

And the animations aren't 'slightly' out of sync, they're the worst I've seen in an FPS in years.
  3. Trucky

bump for daily reminder
  4. Jaloro

Absolutely. I really don't give two hoots about what the thing looks like, so long as it doesn't look out of place and its appearance is functional.

I know this may be hard for you to grasp but I am firmly in the gameplay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> graphics department. Guess its my age.

Also, how many insults can you fit in a post. Dumb, no sense, no standards, sucks to be me, twisted, illogical.

Just lol. Proving my 11 year old point all over again.
  5. MisterFist

Why are people so bent out of shape about prices when the guns are free?

I've unlocked the engineer's AV mana turret and dual photon pods and have tons of upgrades on my magrider, scythe, sunderer and liberator all for free. It's about playing for points, not playing to win (since you can't win at PS2).

The part I'm having trouble with is extremely low populations - if there's nobody to shoot at I can't get any points. And if there's nobody to shoot at what do I need points for anyway?
  6. Herrick

And people wonder why teamwork is non-existent in planetside...
  7. SuBs

As I said, you're definitely in the minority here, thank god. Also, on looking functional, I suggest you steer clear of the new NS carbine. The bolt doesn't move when fired, nor is it cycled during dry reloads.
  8. Trucky

I think the problem is that most prices are at 1000 certs, and there is no variety in a supposed market where you can upgrade your character based in a weapon and playstyle you like.
  9. Viperus

In my opinion 5$ is a max price per weapon. 3.50$ per weapon (when on 50% discount) is pretty resonable. I would pay more $$$ for something truly unique, like a decal only 20-30 people per server can use.