Daily reminder that the 90% of the weapons of PS2 are overpriced

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trucky, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Bankrotas

Those XP bonuses only applied to mob kills anyways.
  2. CletusMcGuilly

There is no problem. You just want something for nothing.
    • Up x 1
  3. Trucky

Can you prove i said that? you really need to read the whole thread again. I said that weapons need a rework in their prices i didnt say i want them to be at 0 certs and free for everybody.
  4. Regpuppy

Only buy SC with Walmart cards on double or triple SC days and suddenly that 7 dollar weapon becomes anywhere between a little under 2 dollars to a little under 3 dollars. If you take advantage of any ingame sale as well, you end up spending an extremely small sum of real life money for any one item in PS2.
  5. MiZrY

I have just as much fun, am just as effective and in no way feel "gimped" using my alt chars with no purchased items compared to my main which has many purchased items.
    • Up x 3
  6. CletusMcGuilly

They're 7 bucks. When you buy sc during a sale they're even less. When you purchase the actual weapon when it's on sale/in a bundle you it's even less. The only way they could cost even less is for SOE to give them to you.
  7. Teegeeack

No excuse for **** like the Artemis costing the same as the Sirius.
  8. Kukuguy

I made 100 certs per hour during the double exp weekend and is making 50 certs per hour without the double exp. If you do the math, that's 10-20hr per 1000 certs weapon. Even then, not all 1000 certs weapon are the best. EM6 and GD-22S for NC heavy are very good guns and cost 500 and 100 certs respectively. NC Mustang AH is insanely good at taking out infantry and ESF, only 100 certs. I am using the NC6 Gauss SAW and winning, so I really don't think this game is pay to win
    • Up x 1
  9. Dingus148

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  10. Trucky

I have also cooperated with SOE with 7 bucks, the problem i am talking about is that the pool for people who buy with certs is very very limitated since almost all weapons cost 1000 certs.
  11. MarlboroMan-E

Apparently you're from a less developed economy that still has bartering and haggling. The way things work in modern economies is that a merchant establishes a price, and you either buy it, don't buy it, wait for a sale, or go to the competition. Clearly, mama told you that you're special one time too many, and I should expect you're also telling bartenders that $3 is too much for a beer? Or is it just that the anonymity of the internet makes it so easy to whine about stuff that you just can't help yourself? Next, you should write the president and see if perhaps as SOE can get a bailout cause you don't like their prices.
    • Up x 1
  12. Trucky

But the weekeend of double exp ended, and every math you have do with that will be decapitated in half and doubled in time. Yeah, some weapons are very cool, but they are only a few compared to the whole arsenal that is being limitated by a strong 10000 cert
    oh my sides lol
    • Up x 1
  13. Gruntilda

Good goyim, support our massively inflated prices on non-material goods that don't cost us anything to make
  14. ScrapyardBob

At least 80% of your killing power comes from:
    - knowing the map and battle flow of a particular location
    - having the experience with the weapons
    - learning when to keep your head down and how to stick with allies

We put this to the test back during the run-up to the big MLG event a few months back. We all rolled level 1s the week prior to the event and played on the target server. Our forces were only moderately less effective then we were on our home server. The key things we were missing were mostly quality of life improvements (scopes, lock-on launchers, C4, upgraded vehicles).

(Not saying that there aren't some weapons which are clear upgrades, but you can fight effectively at BR1. It's not some overwhelming disadvantage that you can't overcome. The default weapons are surprisingly good, if you know how to apply their strengths and work with the tools that you have.)
  15. CraftKing

I got no problem with it. I'm earning certs just fine without any boosts.

Limitated? Sorry, what? Anyway, either you buy with money or certs, you will basically get the same selection of weapons.

You think that buying it with SC is a shortcut? Maybe so in game, but that money was HARD EARNED PRODUCT in real life. Sooooo, you're getting what I'm saying?

I think the pricing is just fine. My only problem is, why the hell those useless guns (some) costs a lot? LOL.
  16. Trucky

• Up x 2
  17. Trucky

Every weapon has it sidegrade and way to play, not all people play like the same and shouldnt be stuck in the stock weapon they dont like for 60 hours, they rather leave the game and make this game less enjoying and rich meaning playerbase, leaving the mama kids that want an instakilling lockon weapon every GU0X because secret stolen credit card.
  18. St0mpy

B-b-b-but you can buy x3 station cash and even wait for daily deals to buy anything!

SC price just went down 83%
  19. Stargazer86

I'd just like a couple more daily deals, personally. It really sucks when it refreshes and you realize that you're stuck with a crappy daily deal on a camo you don't want for the next 12 hours.

How about two separate daily deals, one for weapons and one for customization options?
  20. Veri

If you want all the weapons quickly then yes it is going to be upsetting.

The game is made into a grind for weapons to make people either:-

a - Use their credit card and get some station cash
    b - Understand it is going to be a grind and deal with it
    c - Come here in protest

A part of what keeps people hooked to this game is the grind for weapons.
    It feels very rewarding to attain that 1000cert SMG or nanite mesh without paying for it.

This is what I do as well.
    I like getting things on special when they pop up.