Current state of MAXes

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Fafnir, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Zedek

I used to do that **** with my shotgun infiltrator... lol.
  2. ghnurbles

I played a lot of VS MAX over the beta. They were definitely worth their resource cost, but the acquisition timer was too long, even with the timer reduction certifications maxed out.
  3. slannmage

They're slow, they don't regen shield like infantry, their weapons are under powered because you cannot have two of the same weapon and AV seems to do nothing and AA sucks as much as the turrets on vehicles. Also you cannot auto run and there is no fast run like Planetside had, only a short charge.

They suck, worthless like Planetsides became when everyone worked out to carry a Deci and 2 shot them.
  4. Thorn14

I miss the days when a deployed Max could hold down an entire hallway if he was good enough.

Now they are free kills.
  5. FA_Q2

You are supposed to change tactics, hide or set up some sort of ambush to handle a MAX. IOW, they are meant to be a presence that demands something other than 'another infantry target.' As you 2 (and I have done so myself) highlight, they do none of this. There is no difference in attacking a MAX and attacking a HA. That means, no matter what the 'statistics' are, that the class is broken.

I might point out that a famous person once said;
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics"
    Mark Twain

IOW, statistics like the ones put forth by the devs are utterly meaningless because they paint an incomplete picture. I can use statistical analysis to prove any argument whatsoever. Unless those 'facts' are inserted into an intelligent idea then they are without meaning.
  6. Kicker

Because this is a old thread for some of us im just going to sign this and hope things get better.

So what everyone else has said, Still looking for some love from the dev team.
    • Up x 1
  7. Athessu

They need like an extra 50% resistance to frontal bullet spam or the ability to cross their arms and block while moving forward or an overshield ability or riot shield arm weapon, forcing flanking and explosive alternatives.

I also think charge should do damage to infantry, maybe incorporating some added resistance while doing it so you really can charge at gunfire and wreck lines.
    • Up x 2
  8. Braken

Well, I tried out my VS MAX today a bit. Still aren't that good, but they do seem a bit more durable. And the increased accuracy "sidegrades" do help.

Kinetic Armor still sucks, though. ESPECIALLY for the price...
    • Up x 1
  9. oherror

only good certs i've used is ammo bin for my duel AA busters. More time shooting down bad pilots. I will kill you "invictus" eventually.....thats one damn good pilot.
  10. kukuman

Give maxes bullet immunity omg :)
  11. Cronoc

At this point in the game all being in a max suit means is that you'll likely be able to take one guy down before going down yourself.

Or you're hiding behind a rock shooting at aircraft.
  12. Colt556

When I stopped playing about a month ago, I felt MAXes were quite lackluster. I was hoping the MAX certs would make them into something good, but I quit before those certs were ever fixed, so I don't know. The flamethrower was an entirely useless weapon (did they ever add that back in?) and scatter guns were good at close range, but unless you were inside a building you were all but worthless and even a LA will pick you off with his pistol.That's another thing I couldn't stand. A single mag from a pistol can take half your health. I mean are you kdiding me? I have to pay resource, can only get this thing from terminals, and it has a CD. And a goddamned ******* pistol can take half my HP?

All in all, MAX units were exceptionally useless. A fun gimmick to be sure. But every other class is BETTER than them. They may not have as much hp but their increased mobility more than makes up for it. If MAXes STILL haven't been changed, that's rather sad.
    • Up x 1
  13. Gumbo

They either need to remove the timer and keep the cost or remove the cost and lower the timer.

MAX's just arent feared as they should be. I have infantry chasing after me to kill me. They should be running from me.

And give MAX the special run ability from PS1 already. TR MAX lock down increase accuracy. NC MAX the shield and VS MAX jetpacks.
    • Up x 3
  14. rzeznicc

15. hostilechild

I blame devildogs and their 100 max biolab rushes :eek:
  16. badname123

A max is a mechanically assisted suit of armor so why is infantry small arms fubaring up my aim so bad that it prevents me from hitting said infantry? Aren't maxes supposed to be able to take a beating? When i get hit my aim get's messed up and i can't really defend my self.
    • Up x 3
  17. Goats

As an engineer who's spent a lot of time repairing MAXes in base fights, I agree that they suck. They could definitely use more resistance to small arms, and the Quasar needs to have its cone of fire tightened up a bit.
    • Up x 1
  18. ghnurbles

I played a lot of MAX in beta, dual-Quasar doesn't need buffing at all (just get a laser sight for each arm).
  19. chickenlover

They need to increase MAX resistance to small arms greatly and they need to lower the timer to the point that you can remove it through certs or what is the point of specializing if you can't play a certain class or vehicle exclusively. Right now MAXes have the worst survivability and have a timer+resources. Doesn't seem like the devs thought this through.
    • Up x 2
  20. Deathbane

NO, god no. The TR maxes in that game were awful. Never again.

They do need a slight armour increase, and shouldnt get their aimed messed up receiving enemy fire. Honestly thats all the max needs.. duel heavy cycler max still ***** face.. i used to drop in that and get at least 9 kills before i was even close to dying.