Continuing to investigate server issues

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Gioba

Cool. Finally I know what is the bug you are working on. It sounds a really nasty one.

Looks like another 1 or 2 days of hard work, do you think is a realistic prediction?
  2. sagolsun

Are you at liberty to disclose the specifics of the issue that's causing all of this mess? Any directions what players should be on the lookout for (eg. case of sunderer crash exploit)?
  3. FBVanu

Looks like we are all about to get our wish.. even if only at 96%.. that is still a whole lot better than before.
    So far, good job SOE.. most of us know what a pain this can be..
    and we also understand that we are a royal pain with all our poking fun and all..
    But, hey, you know we love you, right?
  4. Czuuk

Connery was a lag fest, despite the lower player cap on continents.
  5. Benjamin Burdige

Stuck at 96% in loading screen.
    [IMG][IMG]
  6. Czuuk

Maybe they will when they figure out which one of the 34 pages of updates is causing the chain reaction memory leak that nukes everything.
  7. Gioba

Tried right now (MILLER)

96% passed fast

I choose my character and I'm stuck there
  8. Tenebrae Aeterna

Also stuck on the loading screen.
  9. SLiCKRiCK

Are we supposed to wait for a long time @ 96% to login, or if it freezes there we should just close the client?
  10. Piestro Community Relations

The 96% bug isn't a new one, we've been working on it a while. It should resolve itself, especially as load decreases. If it doesn't please let us know.
  11. Atendril

Mean while, I am still stuck on the character log in screen :p haha Ah well Looks like another lord of the rings marathon day :p
    Take as long as you need PS2 team! <3
  12. LCTR

I'm 100% loaded to 96% :)

Not gotten past that point in the last 2 days
  13. Botji

the 96% loading is just the servers being hammered.

Let it sit there, I alt tabbed and a few minutes later when I looked back I was in the character selection. Stuck there now but I assume its the same problem as above, let it sit a while.
  14. LCTR

Question:
    Is it best to let it sit at 96% or restart the client over each time?
  15. SLiCKRiCK

If I let it sit at 96%, will it eventually log in? Or is it frozen?
  16. LCTR

I just let it sit at 96%. Finally got to the character login screen
  17. BenYeeHua

Yup, and while I am waiting the 96% bug, this is what's I saw.
    Planetside 2 will create many connection to 64.37.174.x, 69.174.194.x, 69.174.220.xx and also 199.108.194.x, like total 50 of them.

But at the same time, 1 of the connection which is 69.174.194.165:20127 is getting data receiving slowly(like 1 kb/s), after 10 mins is pass, it get 520K data received, and I just get into my Player list now.

I guess you need to limit the retry rate or connection line on client side, it is just like DDOS on SOE servers...
    ----Edit I just log in now, see you later. :)
  18. SLiCKRiCK

Thanks.... I have it sitting there now.... Been about 10 minutes, I'll give it another 10.
  19. Icyydingo

I let it sit at 96% for a few minutes, nothing. Restarted, tried again, got into login almost instantly, but now it's stuck on "LOGGING IN..."

Gonna get some food and wait it out :p
  20. sagolsun

Man, unmanaged languages.. I'm happy I don't have to deal with that anymore. I imagine reproducing the conditions for the leak is the hard part. Unable to do that I'd try to work backwards from what I know - and hope the cause of the issue isn't very far away from the part that actually allocates the memory.