Continuing to investigate server issues

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Drowingpool

Troop Animations from 200 to 300 meters is very very choppy / jumpy ect makes it hard to aim.
    • Up x 2
  2. OldGuyAndy

I've also joined the dreaded 96 club. Is there a way to correct this other than waiting?

It worked! I'm happy again!
  3. Chivalry

Have you tried running the launcher as an administrator?
  4. LCTR

On Miller - seems stable so far
  5. FBVanu

Just logged in, all the way.. beyond the 96%.. Connery is working.. switched Characters without crashing..
    It's up, it's up..
    Good job SOE.

But then I looked around.. oh no, whose idea was it to get of the AV Turrets and AA Turrets at the Warpgate Towers??
    That makes NO sense to me at all.
    There used to be 3 AV and 3 AA.. now there is only one each?? (Esamir)..
    And the AA turret is even pointed at the Warpgate, no longer away from it and towards the enemy?? Was there any logic behind this, or did some graphic designer take out the big eraser and is having fun with us??
    These supposedly highly advanced military factions forgot to install enough turrets to protect their Warpgate?
    In a drunken stupor they decided to aim their own AA at their own Warpgate?? To scare the pants off of any pilot leaving their own home turf??
    Some of the best battles were the ones close to the Warpgate, the NC flooding Amerish's Vanu home, ... now we don't need to bother manning that one lonely turret, it won't live long, and won't be a deterrent at all.. you might as well get rid of those towers now.

How many more turrets did you remove from the Amp stations ??

Why, SOE, why??
    • Up x 1
  6. bmearnhardt

There is a whole bunch of stairs missing in VR training area so yeah I assume they got trigger happy with the big eraser.
    • Up x 2
  7. LCTR

On Miller for a while now, no crashing, seems stable.

Only bug spotted:
    The new camos in the depot only seem to be showing in low resolution (compared to existing items). Same bug can be seen when equipping them in VR.

(Wild guess: some of the new camos look 'big', maybe the mapping wrong somehow?)
  8. z1967

I believe it has been temporarily patched. Connery has been up for more than an hour and a half with little problems. Go SOE!
  9. Longshotrider

The crashes seem to be more constant for my system, Also adding to the VR Training area bugs, the Tower in the SE corner of the map has some issues with the landing pads as well as an extra set of Platforms on top of the walkways.
  10. Bingabong

I play TR on Woodman. I can't currently open chat at all. Though I can see the chat window, there's no chat appearing on it at all, so I guess I'm not the only one who can't chat.

Secondly I'm unable to move to any other position in a vehicle than the driver/pilot. Is this a change I missed? Do you need other players to man those positions now? If not then it's bugged.
  11. HadesR

Yeah noticed that myself .. It's really bad in some cases ..

Also a lot of players have invisible heads
    • Up x 2
  12. Czuuk

Assuming of course that there is only one cause, which is highly unlikely given the volume of the changes.
  13. DonRaphaelus

All the outside stairs of amerish WG on Connery are missing! Looks like they are below ground.
  14. sagolsun

Worst-case scenario it's the kind of bug that was present prior to changes but only gets triggered under circumstances that are only now present.
  15. Bassett

I'm getting this sometimes at 50-100m. Hopefully the devs are aware that the distance rendering optimizations haven't worked as intended and are going to fix it.
    • Up x 1
  16. RainbowDash9

once they fix the bigger bugs of course.
  17. Shocknuttz

well if yall stop messin with the graphics to make your PS4 quota we wouldn't be in this mess. if it aint broke... don't fix it!
  18. Shocknuttz

remember... yes you are sony... but this was born on the PC and it shall live and die ON THE PC
    I cannot express enough how much this makes a difference. consoles will try AND FAIL to live up to the PC performance buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut because the are "even" and "balanced" between all players it makes it universal... JUST DONT USE MY DAMNED PC VERSION TO DO SO!!!!
    • Up x 1
  19. Piestro Community Relations

The PC version needed to be optimized regardless. If there was no PS4 version we'd still be making the exact same optimization steps.

This is often the case in massively multiplayer games. Getting 200-300 people testing at a time isn't the same as thousands of folks logging in at once. We can try automated load testing and such but it isn't the same. You get it as close as possible, but the proof is always when it goes live.
    • Up x 4
  20. RaTzo

Hey Piestro, thanks for posting this.

We've all been thinking (either publicly or not) that the performance updates have been more about the PS4 than the PC.