Can´t log in Char screen play button

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Collin, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Sickor

Installing another 40 Mb patch hit the Play button nothing happens.
  2. Tread

Having the same issue, just finished downloading the game entirely... character creation actually took about 2-3 minutes to finally "register" as well. I chose Tread as my name clicked "Create" and nothing happened, tried 3 or 4 other names then suddenly it dropped me into the character selection screen with my name as Tread.

Hitting "Play" doesn't seem to be doing anything like most other people are describing.

EDIT: Was actually alt tabbed writing this response, now tabbing back in and I'm actually in game.

Just seems to be a HUGE delay between clicking play and the game actually letting you in.
  3. Veratu SOE

Briggs is experiencing significant latency at character creation and character login. Just press play and be patient, it will take a few minutes. We're working on it. This is part of a bigger problem that is affecting 2 other worlds as well, and characters not being able to login at all.
  4. arachan

My main is on Briggs and I've been experiencing the 'play button not doing anything' issue on and off since launch. A lot of the time the 'create character' and 'delete character' buttons are greyed out too. I also have a character on Mattherson who has the same problem.

My issue doesn't seem to be a delay, I pressed play and came back 10 minutes later and it's at the same screen. I also tried verifying the game cache.
  5. DerpSide

Yeah same, clicked the play button about 10 minutes ago... no login as of yet. Has a clan mate click play after me and is now in?? Whats going on?

-Edit, should we spam the play button or click once and wait?

-Edit, got in, now disconnected... hit play, back to first problem.

-Edit, 11 Minutes after hitting play, still not in.

-Edit, 17 minutes since last past.... still cant get in, i wonder if the server is being hosted by telstra's gameareana because that would explain alot.
  6. Santiak

In case it's another SOE rep taking over after Veratu, I've sent a new log after the hotfix that was just released; unfortunately, the problem is still present. :)

In case the hotfix wasn't intended to address the character-select login issues not generated by latency, I apologize for the spam ;o
  7. Veratu SOE

Good news, the game team has identified the issue causing users to have characters "stuck" and thus not able to be logged in again. A hotfix is being prepared to resolve this issue for all worlds. Briggs is still experiencing packet loss issues due to the provider, and we're working to have that resolved soon too. So both of these issues will hopefully be put to rest sometime this evening.
  8. Cheerilee

And will there be a reward for the ones who got the bug? I mean, i got a six Month sub, i buyed an EXP-Boost implant and activated it. I spend a lot of station cash. And then after i buyed everything and activated everything i wasn't able to play because of a disconnect i couldn't login again. Thats a loss in gamingfun, Implantrunning Time and in Time to get Certificationpoints.
    It would be really nice to get something for it...
  9. Santiak

Heh, a title for all characters that were affected? ;)
    "Limbus <Name>"
  10. Sickor

same here got membership for 6 mounths and exp-boost for 6 days 1 day is expieried by klicking the whole day the play button and nothing happens
  11. ClusterBomb

Been getting the same problem. Validated my files and didn't help. I hope its fixed soon cause I just spent money on the game and Exp Boost.
  12. Lare.RiF

Just validated the game and tried again, still cant log in

Server: Miller, Char name: Lare, Premium, had the issue in Amerish, i can log in with my other characters
  13. DerPrussian

same problem !
  14. Dv8ed

Still the same for me at 7:30am as at 8pm last night, still unable to log in on miller. Play button still not working. All files validated and checked and all are fine.

Dv8ed - Miller server
  15. Twist

Those of you with stuck characters, we have a server fix going up for that shortly that will address the issue. After that your characters will be unstuck and should not become stuck again.
  16. Acropoli

Should things be fixed by now? If so, still no luck here, locked out with the non-working Play button.
    Server: Briggs
  17. Veratu SOE

The hotfix is being pushed in about 15 minutes. Stay tuned.
  18. Streetrip

Server message just went out on Miller saying it was going down in 15...Bracing to get my main back!

Btw, mad props Veratu. The support and updates to this issue have been top notch. Thanks. Wouldn't blame you if you went to a mirror and stuck a thumbs up to that guy.
  19. Cheerilee

Thanks for the info, but will there any compensation for lost implanttime and lost gamingtime or just an simple "you can play again, the implanttime is wasted"?
  20. SouNourS