Can´t log in Char screen play button

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Collin, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Rippy

Just did it with MadAxe (TR) on Miller (the stuck guy). No cigar but I will leave the client open for now.
  2. Funkinbassist

having the same issue with Funkinbassist (nc) on miller, been like this for a while now.
  3. Rippy

By the way...once this is fixed could you explain to us what happend...information like this is interesting :)
  4. TerraShark

Ok just tried to log in on FalconPunch ( TR Miller) No luck.
  5. SevVlad

miller \ TR . SevFreelancer ..

many lags. FPS drop to 0. periodically to feel better, but there were artifacts textures. and finally the desktop. it lasted all of 2 minutes.

was in a fight. this occurred with my friends at the same time, we all were in the Sander. I was thrown out of the game, but they are not. Now the problem is mine alone.
  6. drax0r

Tried it as well. Drax0r (TR MIller) - Also reinstalled as per a tweet suggestion earlier had no effect :/

I have played on two seperate chars that i created just so I could play, dont suppose the alts from those could be sucked into my main and the alts deleted? :p
    • Up x 1
  7. Acropoli

Same problem here again. Launcher Play button loads the game, but Play button on character selection does nothing.
    Sigh.

Edit: Within a moment of posting this, I got in game, then disconnected within 30 seconds, and now can't get back in with the Play button again.
    SIGH
  8. Santiak

Back when the issue first arose I validated assets, all files were up to date.
    I tried doing it again just now, all files still valid, but still unable to log in.

For what it's worth, checking game-cache integrity with steam yields 40mb of files having to be re-downloaded, but the launcher promptly updates 40mb worth once you start it.

Other things I've attempted are:
    - Giving the launcher, planetside, and awesomium exe files admin rights, no change.
    - Running in windowed mode to wait untill the launcher is finished "Starting game" (As it apparently hangs for quite a while after the game itself is launched)

Perhaps somewhat uniquely, I'm also blocked from creating a character on a different server, clicking "Finish" yields the same result; nothing happens.

(Santiak on Miller)
  9. hf254

Have tried a few more times. Riva on Miller.

I'm blocked from creating characters at the 'Finish' button after a failed attempt at the 'Play' button. If I create a character before pressing play then it is possible.
  10. CVTG

Santiak, I have the character creation problem too on EU servers.

As for me, I have attempted to login, character name CodeVertigo, NC Miller. Still no luck, unfortunately.
  11. Acropoli

Attempted to log in a further 10 times, no change. Character: Acropoli on: Briggs
  12. Santiak

Woups, didn't notice the request for logs :S
    I've followed your instructions and sent the logs - again, thank you for the hard work, it's appreciated! :)
  13. Veratu SOE

Thanks for all the information folks. We've got a lot of people with their hands in this one trying to get it resolved. We've taken control of a few affected characters and are running them through tests to try and find the root cause. We can reproduce the issue now which is good, now we just need to find a resolution. Stay tuned...
  14. Santiak

Feel free to use Santiak (hrhr) if you need more guinea pigs.
  15. Sickor

Sickor (VS) Server Miller hit the button since 5 hours with logout and login nothing happens.
    Valudate all files all ok . Is this the reward for Membership? Im very upset i spend over 100$ in this Game and cant play it
    thanks Soe.
  16. CVTG

Whoops, didn't see that PM.

Sent my logs too, hoped that helps.
  17. kamrat7

Same thing here - tried number of things suggested, still cannot press Play.
  18. MunsterVan

The Briggs server doesn't seem to have improved at all. Play button rarely works. Finally get into briggs, went to a battle, 10 second delay lag (no exaggeration). Moments later, disconnected. G29.:confused:
  19. Crunchynut

Feel free to use Crunchynut (TR) on Briggs. He's still stuck. It happened when I logged out and then tried to login back again. He's stuck back at the character screen.
  20. Dunni

Cannot play Dunni on Briggs. Spammed the 'Play' button many times 5-10 minutes ago.