C4 Nerf on the test server

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by simon11russell, Jul 16, 2013.

1. KodiakBlack

Can, have done, am doing and will continue to do so!

Sorry was that an attempt at a put down?
  2. KodiakBlack

Oh wow, that's going on my list of quotes.
  3. Kayth

I'm really very disappointed with this.
  4. Iridar51

And you are going to my ignore list.
  5. Serell

Do you know how hilariously hard it is drop C4 from up that far? A good tank will always be moving, and it's not easy to predict if he's going push forward or fall back, And then there's Magriders strafing all over the place for the hell of it.

Also I'm not equipping drifters just to help me blow up a tank, LA needs JJ to get in flanking positions.
    • Up x 1
  6. deggy

What you post:
    What I see:
    You should try driving a tank. See how "good at everything" you can be with one loadout.
  7. Serell

No I don't want to drive a tank, I hate driving in any game. I like to be the secondary gunner on MBT's. When I'm a tank's secondary gunner, I know to always look out for aircraft and more importantly LA's. I've killed dozens of LA's while they were trying to drop C4 on our tank. Go get yourself a secondary gunner to look out for you if you suck at situational awareness. "Oh but Lightings don't secondary gunners!", well guess what, you're a lot faster, just keep moving and I'll NEVER be able to get you.

Also, try reading the whole post instead of just picking out the one thing you think you can argue sbout.
    • Up x 1
  8. Serell

Also LOL about the whole "I should be good at everything without having to change my strategy". You know how much LA sucks already? Hell no I'm not giving up my flanking, the mild advantage I have in infantry combat.
  9. ytman

Lightnings should be a 2HKO, MBTs? make it three (and give the LA a third stick or Anti-Vehicle Grenade). I think that is fair.

Basically, if a MBT is close enough for LA's to drop C4 on it it shouldn't be able to retreat while on fire. I mean 200 Infantry resources isn't much when you can stock pile so many and when you can't do that with Mechanized Res.
  10. deggy

You should look me up on Players. Go ahead.

I'll do it for you.

143 hours as Light Assault. I know exactly how much Light Assault "Sucks" right now, out of my top 6 guns 5 of them are LA guns. Light Assault does NOT suck. If you need to learn to use it better, that's your problem, not the game's.
    • Up x 1
  11. LibertyRevolution

I have 900+hours as light assault.
    If I can no longer solo a tank with C4, then there is no reason to play this class.
    I am certainly not going to blow 200 resources of C4 so some heavy can come along and kill steal the XP...

Every other class is better at infantry fighting...
    Only thing LA had going for it was that we could fly over and pop tanks.

Another 3000+ certs I'm getting back in october when I uncert this class...
    • Up x 2
  12. RogueComet

Yep that's how I'm feeling. Though for me it'd mean 12,000 certs I can pump into other classes. Plus if these changes (C4 and JJ diagonal nerf) then SOE no longer gets my money for breaking LA even more.
  13. Serell

Yeah man LA brings so much utility to his team, that's why professional outfits always make sure to have LA's in their squads.

Oh wait they don't, they just have multiple HA's with an Engineer giving them endless rockets if they want to take out tanks much more efficiently and extremely safer, not to mention resource-saving.

Oh and HA's also make up for not having the mild flanking advantage with their shield.

LA does suck. C4 was the best thing he brought to the team even though it was still outclassed by HA + Engie combo's.
    • Up x 1
  14. Orosian

Aw, look at the TR fighting amongst themselves! I'll go grab some more popcorn.
  15. Kulantan

For me the biggest problem with this nerf is that tankers will still endlessly moan about getting insta-gibbed by C4 while making my play experience worse. In a large fight you're always going to be down on a little health and C4 will still essentially insta-gb. On the other hand now when its me vs 6 guys at a base I won't be able to clear their tanks at all. It just overbuffs tanks in small fights where they are already strongest but makes little difference to large fights, where they are weakest.

I can't wait for a second round of C4 nerf whines.
  16. vanu123

The sad part is that they wouldnt be complaining or whining if they would just look up for a change. I havnt been killed by C4 in my tank in weeks or months because 1. I avoid obvious places for LA to jump and glide up onto my tank. 2. I avoid tunnel vision. 3. I use common sense, get a gunner, and/or look up instead of getting focused on 1 thing.
  17. vanu123

get me some
  18. Douchewafer

Can I be on that list too?
  19. Iridar51

Hate to dissappoint you, but fighting is done as far as I'm concerned.
    Only if you start to act like a ******.
  20. FaLI3N

Good.

Now all the whinging tank driver noobs with zero situational awareness will stop flocking to the forums and will stay in-game. I foresee a lot of prowler artillery lines being decimated by a single tank now that they aren't scared of light assault.