C4 Nerf on the test server

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by simon11russell, Jul 16, 2013.

1. [HH]Mered4

ultimate all-purpose classes are now engineer and HA.

No reason to play the others AT ALL.

dont play much LA in the first place.....but....geez. What is with these nerfs?

Someone at SOE needs to starting buffing everything.

Mind, this a tank buff, but come on.

Make tanks actual tanks, or leave them as paper. PICK ONE.

This wishy washy stuff is real annoying, and its driving us crazy.
    • Up x 2
  2. VeryCoolMiller

Eng can carry 5 c4 :)
  3. Mythicrose12

No excuse now to keep C-4 at a 100 resources.
    • Up x 3
  4. haldolium

Just wait for the next series of HA whine threads... especially when more people switching to C4/RL combo the HA may lose too.
  5. Village

Maybe you should complain to the developers responsible for balance changes, since they decided the change was appropriate. And i hardly use tanks, especially MBT's, but i certainly use a whole lot of C4, yet i still think it was too easy as LA. Just grab a third C4 block or AT mines as Engineer, or follow it up with a rocket launcher as HA.
    • Up x 1
  6. PS2Freak

there is also harrasser armor nerf .. its 20% now and not 24
  7. KodiakBlack

That would require him to man up and adapt to change, as a pose to whining about the change here, which is easier.
  8. Demyer

Come join the engie master race, throw 2 mines and trigger them faster then throwing a single c4 brick.
    It's cheaper, mineguard is very rare and you'd be surprised how often you can run up to an enemy sundy and blow it up.
    LA is only for tower camping and biofarms anyway. :p
    • Up x 2
  9. Compass

So, in this thread, we have established that the classes most likely to destroy vehicles, HAs and Engineers, are... surprisingly enough, still most likely to destroy vehicles.

Engineers can do a triple C4 one-shot.
    Engineers can do a 2-5 mine one-shot.
    Engineers can even do a 2 C4, 1 AV rocket one-shot.
    Heavy Assaults can do a 2 C4, 1 rocket one-shot.

Lovely.
  10. Cortess

Just change the C4 of the LA to a jack-in-the-box.

But even then i think ppl will feel offended by it and cry for a nerf.
    • Up x 3
  11. Iridar51

Yeah, sure, I'm just gonna make this one call to Higby and he'll fix this for me.
    It was easy for LA to use C4 against bad players who don't know how to park/defend their sundies, or too bold tankers, who think that they're immortal in that steel coffin of theirs. Good tanker would never let him get C4-d. This has been discussed at large, one in four/five thrown C4 bricks results in a KILL, not even talking about tanks.
    Whine? Where? I don't see any. I will have to adapt to the change anyway, I don't understand where are going with this. Why do you insult me?
    • Up x 4
  12. Village

Just grab the grenade launcher, you can plant 2 x C4, shoot the grenade launcher next to the C4 on the rear of the tank, and instantly blow it up.
  13. Compass

So, totally fine that engineers can drop two mines and shoot them for the same effect, right? More effort, as long as it's not the guy that repairs vehicles and has 4 types of explosives.

I can use any gun I want with an engineer and those mines will go off. Bringing along a grenade launcher, on the other hand, is complicated by the fact that it only comes on one gun.
  14. Iridar51

I foresee a wave of Flash-with-C4-Kamikazes, either 3 C4 as engi or 2 C4 as HA.
  15. WookLordz

Does this mean that they'll remove Prox Radar from tanks, and roll back the vehicle turret elevation angle buffs?
  16. Village

Oh noes! You need to put in SLIGHTLY more effort. :( You should cry until they buff C4 again versus MBT's.
  17. simon11russell

Yes and that's why this tread is in the LA section of the forums all that they have done is made Light assaults even more worthless than we already are. This nerf only affects LA as every other class that could kill a tank instantly with C4 still can!
    • Up x 1
  18. Ryekir

Next they'll make it so that UBGL can't damage vehicles...
  19. simon11russell

Yes we could do that but it was swiftly nerfed away when we could do that to sunderers. I doubt it will stay around with tanks for long once people start doing it to them and the drivers complain again.
  20. Turdas

Good nerf, finally people will actually use LA how it should be used instead of the strongest AT class in the game. How is C4 balanced compared to a Tank Mine?! Tank mines are similar price, are massive, rely on the tank not seeing them and running into them AND it can be totally countered (to pretty much useless) with mine guard. (and no K/D doesn't matter)