Bring back 32bit Client

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SynaptixBrainstorm, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Ellu

2. Nyoh my god

It's soon saturday evening and we still can't play :(.
    Still no answer from soe ?
  3. Wargrim

I can not comprehend why they even released the patch when they apparently knew it would completely stop anyone from playing on 32 bit. Between this and the handling of the directive reset bug, SOE is aiming for new lows of giving a **** for its players.
  4. Stigma

Look at it this way...

They either knew about the 32bit-client being completely broken and decided to release the new patch to live regardless even though they know that many of their players (some of which subscribe or otherwise have paid into the game) simply would not be able to play at all.

or...

They didn't even do the most basic of testing - ie. checking that the executables of the game even started up properly before patching to live.

Either way you slice it this is simply unacceptable behavior - especially when this affects paying customers. It's worth noting that this game has never had any official requirement for 64-bit, so given that people have invested significant money into the game I'm not sure if it would even be legal to just drop the support for it (or acceptable to treat the 32-bit client as non-essential).

-Stigma
    • Up x 4
  5. A3DELITIST

Well it must be that they are not testing their patches as there was the patch on Friday that broke the original 32 bit and a new 32 bit exe dated 30th August in a tiny hotfix/update. The new 32 bit exe STILL doesn't work so you draw your own conclusion.

Mine is that they cant possibly be testing patches, maybe I am wrong but I bet we would all appreciate some transparency about this 32 bit client situation, it would take a mere 2-3 minutes for one of SOE to Tweet the truth and restore the faith of many :)

This is the official forums for PlanetSide 2 by Sony, I expect to only have to post here to have my opinion registered. I do not expect to have to sign up to Reddit or post their. Why would I? this is the official PlanetSide 2 forums after all.
    • Up x 2
  6. SynaptixBrainstorm

Can they just hurry up with this ? i want to play ffs
  7. SynaptixBrainstorm

Cool still nothing happened. Its 8PM here.
  8. Soil

Same problem here guys... and i am waiting since 1 day like you.

SOE please hurry up noow !
  9. kingabdan

i have the same problem
  10. DragoXPL

me too... i wait... but how long we can wait?
    i have solution!!!! its easy.... remove this one patch...... and patch again when all be ok and works.....
    its easy..... but now we must wait like ~40% players for new update.... becous someone cant use brain....
    its so easy......
  11. SynaptixBrainstorm

12. celem

Good to see they see the fires burning at least...

And of course the post is immediately derailed into a 64/32 flame. Seriously, half the guys complaining about 32bit rigs slowing game dev at a meta level dont have the first clue what they are waffling on about, not a dev amongst them or they wouldnt be blowing hot air about stuff they dont understand.

64 is shiny, use it if you got it, but 32 is not the issue people make it out to be. Theres a reason why commercial systems lag half a decade behind OS releases, stability and compatibility. 32b has time on the clock still.

/rant
  13. DragoXPL

and wait.... maby tommorow... but i dont think so.....
  14. MasterDemoman

If you've ever heard Ace in leaders chat... Yeesh.

Anyway I'd be really glad if I wasn't forced to use 32 bit on my 64 bit machine from the very start of 64 bit's bugged out release, crashing every time you log in isn't the experience I was expecting from 64 bit, but if I were to say something like that to him, his response would probably be "Get a better computer" even though mine is probably 100x more expensive than his.

This is off-topic, what I mean to say is why the hell doesn't 64 bit work on some 64 bit machines.
    • Up x 1
  15. SynaptixBrainstorm

Sad that they "patched" on a friday...otherwise they could have time to fix over the week-.-
  16. SynaptixBrainstorm

Good question...I dont get it i have 64bit system but the game runs horribly..then i forced the 32bit client and all is just fine
  17. Chrispin

I wonder if the 64 bit client somehow hogs more RAM since it unlocks the 4gb limit. Personally I only have 4gb on my system, but the 32 bit client performs much better.
  18. QuotenBrownie

really looking forward to "solved".
    Maybe it's too much of a shame for a yet another rollback patch, but tbh, I'd really find that an honorable move.
  19. FBVanu

Is anyone with an older 32bit system able to play right now?
  20. dezusa

M-muh weekend :(