Bring back 32bit Client

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SynaptixBrainstorm, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Turiel =RL=

I wonder why those patches don't go live on the test server first before going live. Isn't that the purpose of a test server after all? Sorry, I am just asking and maybe I am just to stupid to get it.
    • Up x 1
  2. Stigma

One would think so, but that's just too logical for SOE ...

Instead - the versions they run on test are basically all different and never end up going live, and the stuff they actually end up patching to the live server seems to be all completely untested. Seriously, can't they just put all patches up on PTS a week in advance of them going live so that we can weed out the most gamebreaking problems? We would surely have caught an issue like 32bit not working at all if they just had a policy like that.

-Stigma
    • Up x 3
  3. Contego

They pretty much just admitted knowing all these issues would be caused by the patch before they went live with it. Well they said they knew it would be "rough" so interpret that as you will. They put this patch through on a labor day 2x exp. weekend, expecting problems.....:confused:
    • Up x 1
  4. Logic_021

HAHA, I thought my own ps2 program is crashed in someway but now I figure out it is not my problem.

act fast bro,before I leave this game
  5. Rivenshield

The mentality is 'it's free, so you'll be back.' You know. Sort of like 'it's free, so you'll spend your own time to figure it out without a goddam user's guide.'
  6. SynaptixBrainstorm

Hmmm..sadly you will never come back then:rolleyes:
  7. SynaptixBrainstorm

I dont know what you mean if you are replying to my first post since you didnt use the reply function"The problem as you described you might be only one" im sure not the only one....
  8. SynaptixBrainstorm

Yeah i saw that...and i really dont give a sh:eek:t about the ps4 version of this game...as they said its gonna be worth it with future updates. Then i hope they give me my time back
  9. SynaptixBrainstorm

Yeah right ?!?!?!?! twitter :mad:
  10. SynaptixBrainstorm

you are right of course you are :D

PATCHING ON A FRIDAY ISNT RIGHT THOUGH!!!!!
  11. SynaptixBrainstorm

So even if we get out fix..lets say tuesday:mad:....its just gonna take them one more week to fu:mad:k up something else....Its SOE!
  12. MasterDemoman

"Lets release an update that may or may not introduce a bunch of bugs and for some just flat out make the game not work on a double xp, 25% off everything weekend, that is also a holiday and the last weekend until school starts for many people."
    >logic
    • Up x 3
  13. Turiel =RL=

What's the point of releasing a patch that you beforehand that it won't work? I mean you have to fix it anyways. In the meantime you are just screwing your playerbase for no reason.
    • Up x 3
  14. Turiel =RL=

Some guys are just lucky that I am not their boss.
    • Up x 1
  15. MasterDemoman

Rule #1 don't release updates on friday
    Rule #2 don't release updates on friday you idiot
    Rule #3 DON'T RELEASE UPDATES ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  16. FireclawX

I feel your pain bro. Quad i7, GTX 660M, and 8gb of ram on a x64 laptop, and I couldn't use x64 from launch... Now that x86 doesn't work, I'm screwed :(
    • Up x 1
  17. Stigma

Either they knew beforehand and rolled it out to live anyway, or they didn't know because they don't do the most basic of quality assurance testing before patching the live servers (you know, like testing if your executables will actually run...)

Neither one of those two options reflect very well on the devteam. Personally I think they were aware of the issue and just went ahead because they were already delayed with the content patch. A sloppy way of meeting a goal by sacrificing something else that was left half-done in return. That's just speculation on my part obviously but I am more inclined to think that they are sloppy and callous than completely oblivious to such an obvious issue that nobody realized it before it went live.

-Stigma
    • Up x 2
  18. Conscript Jones

Regardless of the cause of the issue, as soon as SOE realised they had a problem with the 32 bit client, they should have posted on the SOE Planetside General Technical support or Official News and Announcements that they were aware of the problem and were working towards fixing it.

Having to go to Reddit or obscure Twitter feeds to get even the most basic of information is, in my opinion, unacceptable.

For any game that I've played online, the game forum is the place to go to get the most up to date information. Why does SOE even have a forum if they don't use it?
    • Up x 5
  19. dezusa

They dont like their own official forum, and would rather post elsewhere.
  20. Contego

I wish there was a way to hold mmo producers and developers accountable these days. The fact is we were screwed over on a big weekend, and there is nothing we can do about it except unsubscribe or uninstall and never play again, which won't have much effect on them at all. Nothing they can do will really make up for their unreliability on patch days. I can play the game right now albeit in an extremely unplayable state, and after seeing how they have treated the 32 bit users (who can't even log in let alone stutter themselves to death in every fight) I don't even know if I'll be able to play this game anymore. I've spent over a hundred dollars on this game so far and unlocked everything I ever wanted on the faction I main and now the thought of playing this game again right now makes me literally sick to my stomach. I really hope I can get over it, but I think a long break from this game is in order for me.
    • Up x 1