Best ESF Dogfighters

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by PureSalad, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PureSalad

Oh thought you was trolling me on my post not being in the right spot. I'm sure there must be some good ESF groups on Jaeger somewhere or more skilled pilots, but either they are very descrete or people won't talk and tell me who they are.

Sidenote: Removed Casual from list after talking to him briefly. I was mis-informed, and the messengers will be punished verbally.
    Also Removed Nevesnet off the list because he flies libs.
  2. tugernut

there arent many good vs esf pilots on jaegar

sorry but its just the truth

as a vs pilot all i see is strength from sheer numbers on TR side
    very few names really stick out, and there isnt a tr pilot listed here i havent killed more times then i can count
  3. PureSalad

It's hard to gauge your own factions good players if your not playing agaisnt them, but I agree with you. Killing VS pilots for the most part is a waste of my time, they either bail out at unsurvivable heights, or do ******* moves until they smash into a tree or something.

Also the fact that anytime I see a VS pilot I see the lock on pop up. This is just my experience with the VS on Jaeger. I avoid them as much as I possibly can. Lock-ons and bailers are not that exciting.

As to argue your TR statement, this isn't really about numbers, it's about individual skill as a pilot. It's hard to notice a good pilot unless you dog fight against them one on one.
  4. tugernut

which like i said is almost impossible to do since the traf n t6 always roll heavy esf
    its never a 1v1 fight
    its always about trying to out turn their lockons while they simply outrun mine

and lockons are not vs specific at all , and as a matter of fact i see twice as many tr bailout / suicides then nc
  5. PureSalad

I don't see NC or TR bail outs to often. VS is almost 80% bail out rate atm. It's not likely a good dog fight pilot rolls in a group most of the time, nor do they normally use lock on missles.
  6. Nerhesi

Not sure who is asexact is, never seen him or at least never noticed. You're saying you've kill them all more than you can count - and so have we all, and so have they killed you as well.

The idea is to look for 1v1 fights - sure we all (vs/nc/tr) kill tons of enemy fighters in massive dogfights, thats the nature of the game. Half of your skill as pilot is determine when and how to engage in those massive furballs. However, I can see why the names don't stick out for you and this is due to you, and I quote, "its never 1v1 fights".

Regardless, both sides have a ton of lock on and both sides have a ton I'm going to after-burn-into-an-obstacle-rather-than-die people too. It isn't hard to entice people into selective 1v1,2v2/1v2 fights.. and it takes no messaging either. Your esf-body-language/willingness to engage says it all. Its very easy for me to see when an enemy pilot, like me, isn't wanting to dive headlong into a suicidal attack in the midst of flak and aa and is trying to get me away from the main fight..
  7. tugernut

i was almost always on indar
    almost always in a scythe
    154:20 hours as per tonight with 4750 kills

maybe bc im in a small outfit of only pilots :( on jaegar , or maybe bc i quit playing there almost 2 weeks ago to switch to the better esf ( im sure i dont have to mention which one ) on a much higher pop server with more pilots. i needed a new challenge.
  8. PureSalad

I agree it's actually very easy to bait someone into a dog fight, and it's pretty easy to know that the person coming at you is 1 of 3 things.

1: Looking for a dogfight just like you (The skilled pilots you can determine quickly)
    2: A Rookie, that is usually suicidal.
    3: Someone confused, afk, have their map up, or is alt tabbed.
  9. PureSalad

Your outfit has nothing to do with it. I'm in a outfit by myself.

Switch to the better esf? Mosquito I assume....you say your challenging yourself but you switched to the what your saying is "easier" aircraft to use. I don't get it, that's the reverse of what you should be doing.

Anyways I'm just confused on why your posting on here if you quit Jaeger servers two weeks ago....while not really adding to the topic in discussion. Other than.....Jaeger pilots bad, I'm good, got bored, went to another server.
  10. tugernut

i personally feel the mosquito is the best esf in the game , hands down. its speed advantage and design gives it tactically for my playstyle an advantage. seems like you knew which one i was talking about, so probably some truth to it huh?

its challenging bc im back to a square one esf , had no certs in it. its a hands down disadvantage starting on a new server with a new esf against other pilots and theres more of them with certs already into their esf. thats a challange , how do you not see that ?

i never said all jaegar pilots are bad , dont miss quote me
    i never said im good either , so again dont miss quote me
  11. PureSalad

Obviously no one talks about a better ESF and refer to the Reaver. Your VS, switching to a better aircraft. 1+1=Mosquito.
    Anyways you could of switched to TR on Jaeger or better yet NC if you wanted a ESF challenge......but regardless this has nothing to do with the main topic.

You never said, you implied.
  12. Ayabe

90% of the time it comes down to who gets the jump on who and numbers. I don't see much skill either, unless you count the reverse manuever which isn't that useful most of the time in dogfights. Whoa leet skills dude.

Lots of runners, A2A noobs, suiciders, it's really not fun.
  13. CommanderV

You can consider my Liberator to be an ESF the way I dogfight, and considering I've had multiple tells from CrazyAirborne complimenting my skills in the air and to quote "When I see you in the air, I tend to not to engage freely". Then he got another mossy coordinating with him and it became a real treat dueling these two in the air on Esamir.

It honestly would be dangerously lethal if more people realized that Liberator dogfighting is just as lethal if not more lethal than ESF dogfighting, just because of the extended life capacity, the outrageous damage output of the tankbuster, and the lethality of a belly up gunner who can actually hit his shot, i.e omfgpwn or Sylas, and a few others, myself included.

And as a sidenote, I rarely ever pat myself on the back. I just figure there are Liberator pilots, and then there are REAL Liberator Pilots who treat it like an ESF on the wild side of life. I've only flown with one other pilot who is as crazy minded, but yet talented pilot and that would be Sylas. I'm sure there are others, but I doubt it :p
    • Up x 1
  14. Nerhesi

Unfortunately, a liberator may only be a threat in the initial pass if you're approaching head on. From that point on, a liberator pilot should never be able to get his nose to face you (unless your ESF piloting skills are lacking, you simply don't have the tracking speed as a lib). This is of course in a controlled situation, not a crazy multi-person fight where you are concentrating on other fighters and a lib kill you (Ive had that happen).

Yes, this assumes the high-stress-g whatever 3/3 airframe for the lib. Which is a VERY noticeable change, but nowhere near an ESF.
  15. CommanderV

Nerhesi you must not have encountered me yet, trust me, unless you have another fighter on me, you will not be able to engage me freely, and by freely I mean, I will kill you. I force the Scythes and Mossies, who pick fights with me to always come at me from the nose, giving me glancing shots with my tank buster if not full shots, meaning.... I kill you sooner than you will kill me. :)
  16. Kahynd

I recently started flying, been about 2 weeks. I'm trying to figure out where this A2A hate is coming from? I don't have my Flares yet, I actually prefer the scout radar and even without Flares I find it somewhat easy to avoid the missile, I would say out of all the A2A missiles shot at me only about 20% have landed and that's with out flares.

I am no where near a good pilot yet, I would like to say that I do have the A2A missiles myself atm that I pair with the Mustang AH. It works nicely and I love the Mustang AH however I've recently debated swapping to the Rocket pods due to my own experience as a new pilot in avoiding lock on missiles.

So could someone fill me in? is there something i'm missing, also any other tips anyone would like to share with me please do the help is always welcome, my IGN is Honestus.
  17. Nerhesi

I have seen you many a time and shot you down a few, assuming your name is in fact "Commander" something. Is it exactly commanderV? I will add you in game. I have no doubt you could definitely point your nose at me when we initially meet, but that would be about it.
  18. Nerhesi

Hello and welcome!

A2A missiles work great and I won't fault people for using them. I never use them because I prefer my gun and to me that is what really sets you apart as a good pilot. Also, A2A won't help you much in a small dog fight where the person you are engaging is actually engaging you back (due to violent, close in action).

However, get any notion of avoiding A2A without flares out of your head. There is a lot of bravado around "oh I can dodge missiles no problem"; complete BS fyi. The only way you are dodging an A2A missile is as follows:

a) You have it intervening terrain but it has to be low/mid altitude and far. High and close and it's usually hitting you unless you get a vertical block. Considering 3rd person view and radar gives you no warning as to where the missile is coming from, you have to make some assumptions. Regardless, this method works fairly well if the terrain is available. If you're too high (which has it's own great benefits, but not in this case) or too far from terrain, you're not dodging.

b) Flare

c) Out-run, difficult depending on air-frame and distance from launcher. Also, apt to get you killed vs most good pilots who happen to be near you (because you have to go in a mostly straight line).

d) The missile misses you due to a last minute violent maneuver, and as it turns unerringly to hit you, it strikes terrain. Near impossible to do unless you happen to see the missile, because you have no indicator on how close the missile is.

e) Bug

So basically, you have one mediocre method of dodging missile without flares - intervening terrain - which is (a). I have seen missiles do several 180s and 360s around my scythe and still strike me otherwise. The only way you dodge a missile is get it to hit something else, or run out of fuel. This doesn't include the bug/feature over the past several patches where it would explode harmlessly in a "near miss" - a bug which has ranged from pretty standard to damn near impossible between patches.
  19. R-A-B

To be fair, I've seen people dodge 3 missiles in a row with seemingly slight manevours. I don't know how they do it but it looks like the afterburn then quickly brake, lower and turn and the missile seems to fly by. Can't replicate it myself though. So it is a skill thing for the dodge or they are abusing a bug/glitch.
  20. Nerhesi

Hey R-A-B,

At most medium/far ranges, you will not notice flares - so they may be boosting away buying time for flare to recycle then using it, breaking, then coming back for you. You said the missile flies by? this is almost guaranteed that this is whats happening. Missiles "closely missing" don't fly by.. fly by I've only ever seen if the target dies or the missile is flared.

It may also be (d) - where you boost immediately when getting locked, hopefully putting distance between you the missile. Flipping then heading towards to the missile and hoping it over shoots, makes a violent turn - which causes it to hit the ground.

So it's bug and in rare cases luck. Remember - there is no a way to know how close a missile is behind you, so disregard any mention of "I just pull a super tight turn before it hits me" - because they have no idea when it will hit them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.