Best ESF Dogfighters

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by PureSalad, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PureSalad

This isn't a outfit recruitment, but I feel as this is the only Server based forum, I'll post this question here.

I would like to get a decent list of nominated ESF pilots that are great at Dogfighting(without A2AM).

Regardless of Faction, or outfit. I just want to hear some nominees of some of the best Jaeger ESF pilots out there. I know already that not the whole server views these forums, So I'm looking for some names from you guys, and No you cannot nominate yourself.

I'll start it off with. Gattz VS.

NC:
    [ETHO]Nechrid
    [PREY]PureSalad
    [PREY]MittMorren

TR:
    [TRAF]MissFrenzy
    [CT]CrazyAirborne
    [CT]Xnak

VS:
    Gattz
    [DRZN]Nerhesi
    [LUFV]Jaxom

Noteable others:
    NC:
    Potter
    [PREY]Cheecho
    [NCSO]SSGVasa
    [PREY]Mause

VS:
    [VREV]MittrackRobama
    [FGHP]Rocketchicken

TR:
    Vilem
    [FUGK]Gabriel
    [CT]Freakk

Top Lib Pilots:

TR:
    Codeak [FUGK]

NC:
    CommanderV [Ethos?]
    Sylas

VS:
    Neversnet [FGHP]

Before I never posted the purpose of this post and getting information on these players, but the overall reason is simply to become more familiar with other top notch pilots and gain knowledge or help teach them to be the best pilot they can be. Regardless of Faction. I've had tons of fun with some of the people on this list and I hope to do the same even after the merger and with the Waterson pilots.

For the majority on the list, all are great people that are enjoyable to play against, with, and talk too.
  2. _S0LUS_

Not claiming this myself, just for others of my outfit.

Jedae: TR
    Spazzi: Ethos NC
    Nechrid: Ethos NC
    Formanos: Ethos NC

All I can name atm.
    I train lib pilots in my outfit and nechrid trains ESF's
  3. PureSalad

Thanks for the names, but I'm trying to make a list of good pilots that are not bias in regards to specific outfits. Because I know you Ethos guys have tons of love for your outfit.

I would love a neutral list of players.
  4. Haskaal

Why do you want to know? But I can guarantee you regardless of what outfit he's in, Sylas is one of the best in this server in piloting both Reavers and Libs. He's as well as the number 1 ranked player of this server on our leaderboards.
  5. _S0LUS_

Why?

No pilot remains neutral for long. The outfits on Jaeger get pilots ASAP if they're good.

AlphaMandate and Avana are neutrals.
  6. PureSalad

I want to know for a few different reasons. That I may later discuss depending how well of a list I can organize. I'm fully aware of Sylas being one on the leaderboards, but being top on the leader boards could be for many reasons. I do not doubt his ability to fly a lib though.

When I said nuetral, I didn't mean Outfit-less pilots. I meant a neutral list in terms of no bias based on which outfit their in. Your in Ethos, and you nominated 3 Ethos' pilots.

I'm sure there are many other pilots out there that don't join Outfits like myself. I consider myself above average compared to most the pilots I run into from the server, but I play solo for the majority of my play time. I'm sure there are a few others that also do the same.
  7. Haskaal

I doubt your request will not be completely fulfilled so long as you do not provide purpose behind it. I think people would be more inclined to give you an answer if the reason behind the question that's asked was provided. Good luck regardless.
    • Up x 1
  8. PureSalad

I'm asking, If people don't want to answer or contribute. That's fine.

Your statement says my request will be fulfilled, which gives me hope. :D but really it makes no difference if people help me make a list. I figured more people would be into a competitive list of dogfighters that are deadly to run into alone. Meh.
  9. Nerhesi

Regardless of thread purpose I will contribute nonetheless. Please note the names below are ofpilots that have contacted me after several random encounters with comments about my skill or unique ability amongst the VS. These are also only a subset... Those who I consider competent and not everyone who msgs me with praise or "you hack" comments

NC:
    The OP, puresalad
    That's about it,haven't encountered anyone else that has displayed much skill

TR:
    CrazyAirborne - Goodfights - especially in off-times, nice memories.
    Seraphsonethin - a few good engagements.
    Missfrenzy - Thank you for calling me the "only one that can get you" haha - always have good times with him.
    Tcp42 (I think) - maybe, by far the least experience with him.
    Prey - a few good engagement (he's Puresalad). Funny guy too.

VS
    Obviously I don't shoot them down but I'm generally disappointed by my fellow vs pilots. From watching their 1on1 fights (I don't interfere ) - I haven't seen much impressive stuff. In fact,quite the opposite from the amount of times you hear outfit pilots saying things like "dog fighting air frame is good", "power reverse" and "hover air frame sucksbecause gravity assist blahblah". these comments indicate that you're so behind the curve that it's not even worth it to argue with you ( example: you actually think hover airframe is used to hover or dogfight airframe is of any use)
    • Up x 1
  10. PureSalad

The Names, I'm hearing on the forums and in-game.

NC:
    Nechrid
    JotunBlade
    PureSalad

TR:
    CrazyAirborne
    MissFrenzy
    PreyS
    Cajual

VS:
    Gattz
    Nerhesi
    Nevesnet
  11. CAPTBuckyOhare

Gotta throw one onto the pile here, doesn't play much but Aidenolm was a darn good pilot on the NC side.

If you're going to try and give Cajual credit because of his BR, it's because he sits in a liberator on the main gun. If you're going to insist on giving them credit, at least point out that it's Codeak that keeps Cajual's *** alive in a Lib.
    • Up x 2
  12. Hawk

This is Nechrid. I would like to nominate MissFrenzy from the Terran Republic. We had some great duels outside the TR warpgate that I hope to continue some day soon. She (or he) truly put my skills to the test in some one on one ESF battles. The victor was usually only determined by who saw who first and got the initial burst of rotary fire.
  13. PureSalad

I'm not giving anyone credit that they havn't deserved. Cajual's name was thrown at me by multiple people, and the fact I have not seen him personally in game does not mean it isn't justified to put him on the list.

I could say the same for Nechrid, I've never seen him in-game but his name has been thrown at me several times.

Hey glad your back, someone said you have been busy for awhile. I'd like to talk to you in-game whenever you get the chance.
  14. Stordito

15. PureSalad

Read the first post.
  16. Nerhesi

Now I remember seeing Cajual's name quite a bit. But I do not have anything memorable other than yes I have shot him down in his liberator a lot. However, this doesn't mean anything as a single ESF can murder a lib with minimal damage if the lib is caught outside of it's air or aa support range.

The only way I can tell there is a bad pilot in a lib if they start trying to do some crazy erratic maneuvers. These do nothing but screw with your gunner's aim and a good pilot will not miss a single damn bullet from their rotary anyways. Due to lib size and momentum, crazy maneuvers have little displacement and merely burn a ton of your velocity.

Libs are all about situational awareness and knowing your escape/safe route (like towards your dozens of mosquitos, skyguard/aa turret/burster max friends)

See you guys out there.
  17. CAPTBuckyOhare

This was about ESF's however. I've been playing since mid-december and I've seen Cajual in an ESF once.

You're completely right about lib crews being very focused on situational awareness, but it doesn't apply the same way to an ESF pilot and furthermore I don't think Cajual should be included in a list of ESF pilots as a result of this. He's not one, or hasn't been in quite some time, and I see him almost every night in a lib or on the ground as his HA, with almost no variation.
  18. Haskaal

Why do you have your own name up there, especially if this is an unbiased survey? Also, I'll agree that Cajual only guns in liberators and doesn't actually do that much piloting himself. MissFrenzy however, is a great pilot overall and has shown considerable sportsmanship towards my outfit pilots.
  19. PureSalad

His name has been thrown at me more than a few times. Personally I've never seen him in-game, but If I'm told he is a great ESF pilot by numerous people than I need to include him until proven wrong. Same goes for Nechrid....several people, but yet have I seen him in-game. Hardly a reason to not include him unless he doesn't play anymore, but he has just been busy.

It is un-biased, My name was said, so I included myself to the list. I can remove my name if you feel it necessary until someone else nominates me. It really makes no difference to me personally, I'm not here to gain bragging rights. I'm just trying to get a accurate list.

Good Pilots playing agaisnt or learning from other good pilots is always a way to improve. Someone else might know something you don't or vise versa or be better at specific things that you can learn and use in-game. Also the friendly competition between them, that running into them might lead into great dogfights.
  20. Stordito

Sorry i meant i had replied but i later figured you want people on this particular server, and even if names are server wide, my (short) list plays mostly on Miller. So i edited.
    I'd like to find a good Esf group on other servers too, most of the outfits just spam-invite everyone they can find
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.