Banshee and Ravens nerf were confirmed by Higby Pls, which weapons should be rebalanced next?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MEU2, Nov 1, 2014.

1. NoctD

And how can I forget this? C4. The most OP thing in the game that's a one stop shop to solve almost every problem/situation.
  2. Pikachu

My favorite weapons have already been nerfed hard. Muh fury-f, shredder, phoenix.
  3. Frostiken

Great. Where's the Pounder nerf to accompany the Raven nerf?
  4. Imperial Sect

Good, both these weapons need it badly.
  5. Cyrek

I've already have my banshee auraxium'd so there is diminished frustration from this, but here is what I think:

The main problem with the banshee people seem to find is that the Squito simply zooms in from nowhere and a knocks one or two infantry in a second and flies away. This can be reasonable frustrating and understandable that several people want it nerfed; but a lot of you forgot that Higby did not mention it will be "nerfed" but "adjusted", so here are the changes that I want to propose:
    -800 RPM > 300RPM
    -3.0s reload > 7.0s
    -25 magazine > 100 (200 certed)
    -250 pool > 200
    Slightly loose COF or perhaps less direct damage compounded with the indirect damage. And while you're at it maybe give it the Spur's freelook firing.
  6. Fellgnome

What I can think of at the moment -
    • 143 dmg / 652 RoF weapons are worse accuracy and TTK than most 167 tier guns plus drop-off to min damage earlier
    • Angled recoil patterns need to be weighted more as a more serious disadvantage and should not be on so many mid-long range guns(such as Razor/Cougar/T5 AMC) unless it's offset by lower horizontal recoil overall
    • VS/TR need better mid-range guns to compete with Em6/Mercenary/Reaper/AC-X11/etc.
    • Lynx and Hailstorm need to be better designed, and bloom:damage ratio for 125 dmg tier weapons could be looked at
    • NC's Gauss SAW should not be the starter NC weapon, really
    • Cyclone needs a nerf or other SMGs need accuracy/H-recoil buffs to compete
    • Sirius could use an accuracy buff to be more in line with the Blitz
    • TR's MAX AI weapons need CoF/bloom buffs to compete with VS's accuracy
    • VS's MAX needs a larger hit-box if it is indeed smaller which seems to be the case
    • NC MAX shotguns still need some toning down, and/or we could give all factions shotguns and automatics
    • Fractures need a buff as an AV weapon and an interesting mechanic / trait
    • Comets need a buff as an all-rounder AI/AV style since Pounders and Falcons tend to be better
    • Most of the less accurate MAX weapons (non Blueshift/Mercy) need a bit better CoF
    • All B and S variant guns need a redesign and shouldn't be so similar to the starter weapons
    • Anchor Mode and Lockdown are dull abilities and TR needs more interesting empire specific things in general
    • Striker still awful... and Vulcan still not really competing Enforcer/Saron
    • HE/HEAT need to be buffed a bit
    • Saron's infantry damage nerf was overboard
    • Galaxy and Liberators still stupid high durability making them too easy to farm infantry with
    Also BASE DESIGN BASE DESIGN BASE DESIGN which would fix many vehicle AI farming issues alone and then you wouldn't need to nerf every AoE vehicle weapon into the ground.
    • Up x 4
  7. Villanuk

This is what's wrong with this game and why people leave this game... NERFs and personally I'm sick of it.

The raven is unquie, fun and valuable to the NC but it's not OP. With the changes to the spawn rooms you have in some bases removed the benefit it had. Once again, someone died, ranted on forums, the nerf brigade joined the bandwagon and another unique weapon will no doubt r.i.p. The raven if anything may need a reduction in distance but nothing more, it's not a game breaking item in this game is it.

Maybe the NC should start a thread to save the Raven, stand up against pointless nerfs in this game.
    • Up x 2
  8. Fellgnome

No... they are really overpowered. It might be fun using Ravens, but it is definitely not fun being spammed by fairly high damage AV weapons that the user only has to sit their crosshair on you and let an incredibly user-friendly wire guiding mechanic do the rest of the work for them.
    • Up x 1
  9. Villanuk

You may have noticed I'm TR not NC, so using a prowler on lock down Im quite aware how good they are, but good is not OP !!
    You can shoot Ravens out of the sky, they are slow so easy to dodge. They are not over used in zergs because they just are not the best option all the time, op items tend to be over abused because they are always the best option.

I could be biased and join the nerf band wagon, but I enjoy playing a game that has challenges.
  10. swisscowboy

there is one Thing:
    Scythe is by far the best ESF. Thats my opinion. The Saron is too good with the thin profile of the scythe and need a nerf, or at least buff the reaver and mosquito noseguns
  11. Metalsheep

C4 on Light Assaults and Medics.

I don't know whos bright idea it was to put C4 on LAs, but it should be removed from the class. Engineers are the explosive handling class and should be the primary users of C4. I could see HA keeping C4, but have it limited to 1 brick at a time.

Give LAs an actual class tool. C4 is NOT the LAs tool.
    • Up x 2
  12. Roland2TowerCame

I would love the underbarrel variants to be useful again.
  13. PWGuy93

Hope the balance effects range. Think about the change to PPA, that brings the Magrider in closer to be as effective as it was, that adds risk to the reward. Ravens should feel this same change, range should be effected bringing the killing power in closer.
  14. FateJH

SOE originally dropped the damage because Fractures were too good against Infantry. Better to modify the Vehicle resistanace numbers instead of the raw damage. My wishlist involves removing that unintuitive acceleration system the rockets have.
  15. Zotamedu

Yes it kind of annoys me that it seems like they only dumped de damage and then forgot about the effect it would have on the AV role. Do the fractures have their own resistance class or would changing the resistance affect other things as well? Because most guns are lumped up in a resistance group, they are not adjusted individually.
  16. Pikachu

They also nerfed velocity from 200 to 180 and gave it acceleration.
  17. Leftconsin

I'm seriously thinking now that one person could beat the nerf drum hard enough to get anything in the game toned down. There are enough people to follow anything. This game already promotes herd behavior in game so of course it flows into the forums as well.

There was a thread asking for a Canister nerf recently. A CANISTER NERF. I'm just glad that thing didn't get bumped more often or it might become a reality.
  18. FateJH

At the moment, only the Vortex is considered a unique resistance outlier. All other MAX AV weapons fall under Medium Anti-Armor Ordnance. Currently deciphered resistance table.
  19. Fellgnome

I am wondering if you're confusing Ravens with Phoenix.
  20. vanu123

No they don't.