Banshee and Ravens nerf were confirmed by Higby Pls, which weapons should be rebalanced next?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MEU2, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Fatal_Finn

I chose TR because the faction description said it's known for weapons with high RoF. Right now TR has only one carbine with really fast RoF whereas VS, for example, has two. IMO TR needs at least one carbine with 800 RoF and 143 damage to match the faction description more properly. And no, I don't want the RoF of LC2 Lynx reduced and damage increased. I love it the way it is and it's currently the only carbine I enjoy using.

Also checked the average RoF of faction carbines:
    TR: 726
    NC: 613
    VS: 711
    Think the gap between TR and VS should be a bit wider. Having many carbines with 750 RoF doesn't really stand out so much.

As a side note, why not create a stock for every carbine?
  2. dstock

I'm all good down to the 3rd point. Buff the SABR-13? Ok, thank you!

Also, the Ranger doesn't need faster projectiles, or a larger magazine. The last buff pass on it increased the magazine size by 220%. What the Ranger needs is to do direct damage to planes, instead of only doing proximity damage. This leaves it a minor annoyance at long range, but would make it more effective up close. TBH, as someone who likes and uses it, it also needs projectile drop. 1.75x zoom + 82 round magazine = no Nanite Auto Repair for anyone within render distance.

I hate the current Dalton. We roll Shredder or Zephyr 24/7 when we Lib, unless the skies are clear and we decide to troll a Duster. The Drake is decent, the Walker is FOTM, the Bulldog is nerfed out of use, and the Hyenas are pretty bad. The Vektor needs a ROF increase, that's all that holds it back from competing with the Tankbuster. The Spur needs a small buff, but I'm not sure how that needs to go.

Agreed, for the most part.
  3. bookbook

there the One thing I can confirm

Later I will not hope spend any Sc buy weapons :(

there a many nerf op pots

look t2 Striker It was changed to what it was like? 200 damage Rocket

This is simply the biggest joke in the game

have been destroyed camp features

Of course nerf the ppa I have no objection
  4. LibertyRevolution

Not at that base, but I do catch them from time to time though... Mossies are the hardest to hit..
  5. Brahma2

Here's a thought.

DON'T BUFF THE LIB!

Liberators are in a really good place right now. Are they a little more annoying to use for AI? Yes they are, and it's ******* fantastic. Dalton still works pretty much the same minus splash and with higher damage, which is what it always should have been. Zepher is about on par with the Duster, both are totally usable. Shredder is fine, no splash was a good change.

If you want to do anything to Liberators, give their AV weapons a little bit more ammo. You already did it with Dalton, but it runs out of Shredder ammo very, very quickly. Another 500 shots would make all the difference in the world.

SOE's Lib nerfs were no problem, but the splash being completely removed because of infantry farming and then taking more than half of the ammo away at max capacity for the same reason really hurt the Lib community. As it is right now, there are no new Lib crews that I see because having to use 500 Shredder ammo or 30 Dalton ammo to start out is incredibly rough.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE ANY LIB CREWS IN THE AIR OUTSIDE OF THE VETERANS, GIVE THEM MORE AMMO FOR SHREDDER AND DALTON. IT WILL BE OK, I PROMISE!
    • Up x 5
  6. Atis

Basi is effective against big targets, because CoF is less important for them. So it's buffs against other targets can be balanced by increased defence of heavy vehicles against basi. 2 basilisks should have at least half of deterring effect of single walker vs ESF or single Kobalt vs infantry.
  7. FrozenCustard

8. Riku

I can understand you are afraid it might get overnerfed considering how their past "adjustment" look like.
    But I respectfully disagree with your statements regarding the current balance.
    Banshee doesn't outperform the other two by a small margin but quite massively. It takes out even MAXes in a swoop from range (enjoying doing that myself these days before its nurf ;) ). It excels in AI, AA, AV (AV since AH nerf). That you don't have to aim properly with the other two is not true, because unless you want it to take >10 shots with the LPPA to kill someone, you're gonna need direct hits. Direct hits are hardest to achieve with LPPA due to the low velocity, which also has less than 1/3 of Banshee's splash dps (but a bigger radius, which doesn't make up for it, though) and less than half the direct hit dps. Add to that that the velocity of banshee is much higher so even with its COF it is easier to hit a target from medium range, kill it in a split second and get out immediately contrary to LPPA where one has to hover/expose for much longer or AH where one needs to either get too close or also expose themselves much longer.
    I'm not saying it should be nerfed to the ground but a significant nerf would still leave it at the top, so don't worry. I do hope though that they follow through with what has been said in the stream and approach this subject carefully :)
  9. SpruceMoose

10. Problem Officer

For the Ravens I'd like to see the indirect damage completely removed, mag decreased, RoF decreased, direct damage increased.
    Maximum operational range can be increased.
    The problem with the weapon is it's intended for long range, yet is a splash spam at close range.
  11. Neo3602

The TRAP is a good close range scout rifle, instead of changing it when SOE gets around to releasing empire specific scout rifles they should just change the TRAP's weapon category to scout rifle and give the TR a sniper rifle instead of a scout rifle.
  12. MonnyMoony

It's funny seeing the massive increase in "anti-nerf" threads/posts that have suddenly sprung up the week after the PPA nerf went live........

As the saying goes - be careful what you wish for.

Once the devs have got the nerf hammer out - they might as well use it ;)
  13. HammerbossNC

I do just fine with the ravens.
    Speak for yourself.
  14. ATRA_Wampa-One

This is actually a really complete list of things to fix but I'd add just a few more.
    • VS AR's are incredibly bland since we have 2-652 ROF (3 if you count the NS-11a), 2-698 ROF guns, and the worst automatic DPS gun in the game that doesn't have the accuracy to make up for it. The Terminus was a step in the right direction but VS AR's are still in a very bad shape.
    • 4x Scope for the Phaseshift and a 8-10x scopes for the TRAP.
    • Pulsar LSW needs a redesign or at least attachment options thrown it's way.
    • Rebalance weapon attachments and what guns they are placed on.