Banshee and Ravens nerf were confirmed by Higby Pls, which weapons should be rebalanced next?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MEU2, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Fellgnome

Not that I disagree but I'd say getting Air Hammered feels just as "BULLSHIIII"

2. FrozenCustard

Honestly don't think nerfing Banshee will make the light ppa or AH perform any better, because it will just be another hit to vehicles by the mighty nerf hammer of infantryside. I'd say just buff the other two to make them more potent verses infantry instead of nerfing a high skill weapon such as the banshee.
  3. TriumphantJelly

Lol, what?????? I almost ******* wet myself laughing here."HIGH SKILL"??!?!??! LOL!
    • Up x 1
  4. FrozenCustard

Same can be done honestly with the AH at that range, all you really need is 1 or at most 2 clicks and bam, your dead.
  5. z1967

And your reason behind this is...? The two TR SMGs are both underperforming against their Gen1 and Gen2 counterparts (respectively).

Gen1: KPH UNIQUES AVGBR Note: Gen1 uniques/BR indicates that the Eridani is unpopular, probably due to the sirius being better in many more ways.

Gen2: KPH UNIQUES AVGBR. Note: Notice the low Uniques and high AvgBR for the Hailstorm when looking at the KPH graph.
    • Up x 3
  6. patrykK1028

Point and click is high skill? Then give me old PPA back - I had to place my Magrider first in order to point and click.
    • Up x 3
  7. T0x1s

Higher skill than PPA and AH. But i agree there is not much skill using Banshee against infantry but it is where AA it become a high skill weapon.
  8. Zotamedu

That's not a problem since it's close to impossible to hit anything at long range with Pounders. It's pretty much dumb luck at that stage.

I think the main problem is the amount of damage they do relative to the amount of control you have over them. They are too accurate to deal that amount of damage. As for the vulnerability part, too much Raven spam is from beyond render range. At that point, you are actually invulnerable.
  9. TriumphantJelly

Yeah, just how it takes more skill to kill with the LPPA is any situation, and how the AH is the most skill-taxing of them all. It's ridiculous, people defending the Banshee and calling it balanced, or high skill: Almost as ridiculous as people defending the PPA-- Oh, wait, that got nerfed anyhow.
  10. TriumphantJelly

Yes, but at longer ranges the Banshee does this still, and the LPPA takes longer than both. The AH takes skill to use (yes, it does) because you need to get close-ish. The Banshee is BAM you're dead from any range.
    • Up x 1
  11. LibertyRevolution

ESF coming in and killing a dude in .3 seconds is a problem..
    You want a balance pass on Air Hammer, we can work on that next, but to be honest I killed by way less AH than I do banshee.
    It seems like a lot of mossies run banshee, as it is a pretty good all around weapon and it also slaughters infantry instantly.
  12. BarxBaron

A good all around weapon?

Do you try and use this thing versus other then AI targets? It is complete balls.

It has hilarious drop on it and a hilarious ammo count. Even after certing it.

L-PPA is gonna need a splash nerf next imo. At least banshee splash isn't OP and the reticule has to be SOMEWHERE near the damn target. It just needs TTK nerfs versus soft targets.
  13. patrykK1028

XD
    • Up x 1
  14. KnightCole

PPpffft, gotta remove the tanks cuz there is this outside chance that one lucky tanker might score a direct hit on a lone HA standing on a hill and kill him.....leading him to come to the Forums QQ about how OP the tank AP is....then we will see AP against infantry nerfed...
  15. Tyrant103

Nothing else imo, unless something big changed. ESF noseguns need ammo pool buff if they haven't been yet.
  16. Drasilov

I think the banshee should do that to infantry but no way should it shred a max in half a second like it does now. Maxes cost 450 resources and to literally be vapourised in less time it takes to even raise a foot off the ground to run to cover it seems way OTT to me.

Playing infantry I expect to die instantly to most vehicle weapons. Thats just the joy of being a groundpounder. I dont play TR at the moment - my main is VS.
    • Up x 1
  17. phaelah

If you have an above average pilot who is killing you over an over again may I suggest you not try to shoot it with a decimator? I'm all for balancing, but quite frankly infantry players are never going to be happy unless they can have their Quake arena playgrounds. This game will never live up to it's potential because that mentality will hold it back.

Here is what the tombstone for Planetside 2 will read-

"Here lies Planetside 2. The game was killed by it's own players. Those players who thought they were playing another game. RIP"
    • Up x 1
  18. Saool

The Harrashole.

Remove all weapons from it and make it a four man open buggy.
    • Up x 1
  19. Xasapis

Actually the Banshee is the probably the easiest and safest to use compared to both PPA and AH.

Too bad Banshee outperforms both AH and L-PPA by about 50%, while AH and L-PPA have almost identical performance.
    • Up x 1
  20. pnkdth

I rather we take a look at old weapons, and better define them to fit the current state of the game.

We got tons of infantry weapons which rarely every see use beyond players wanting auraxium them.