Banshee and Ravens nerf were confirmed by Higby Pls, which weapons should be rebalanced next?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MEU2, Nov 1, 2014.

1. OldMaster80

Yeah really OP.
    Come on this trend has to stop: I've been playing ps2 since September 2012 and I think I've been killed by the Ravens no more than 15-20 times in total.

This mentality "if that faction has such a weapon then my faction must have the same" must stop immediately. It's killing the game.
    • Up x 1
  2. vanu123

It won't stop till infantry can 1 shot tanks.
  3. Villanuk

Why not?
  4. Villanuk

Not at all?
  5. Fellgnome

This has nothing to do with that. Ravens are due for a nerf because they're clearly superior to the other AV MAX weapons, simple as that. Toning down damage, rof, or velocity or whatever they do doesn't take away any of its uniqueness either.

Asymmetrical balance is fine when it's...balanced, and in the case of MAX AV the Ravens aren't balanced.

As far as I know it's only the Phoenix projectile that can be shot down, and I'm pretty sure even if Ravens could, it's pretty hard to shoot both down while in a tank and they also don't always render very well.
  6. DLL2

I understand do you want nerf the ravens
    but don't forget we need keep our target for kill it, we are vulnerable during this time & ravens do noise + animation skin.
    Your pounder don't have skin animation and not indetifiable noise at long rang.
  7. Ceiu

Because **** you; that's why.

Careful with this logic -- there are so many factors which can determine why a weapon is being used. For instance, I imagine the usage number and performance stats of the candy cannon are at an all-time high and will plummet within a week. The whole directive system -- as it exists now -- leads to a lot of "use weapon x for purpose y even though it's intended for task z" nonsense which skews things quite a bit (rocket primaries/grenade spam, anyone?).

I'm, personally, of the opinion that anything good enough to melt an armored tank should be equally effective against a squishy bag of meat; lest that meatbag happens to be running flak (in which case they should laugh at HE stuff). Then again, I've always been a fan of rock-papper-scissors style side-grading/hard-countering systems (i.e. you can absorb explosives like a boss, but non-explosives annihilate you even more than usual).
  8. LibertyRevolution

Banshee needs a balance pass, thing is ridiculous..
    • Up x 2
  9. TriumphantJelly

Anti-VS hatred, then? Or was that just sarcasm/humour?
  10. Ceiu

A little from column A and a little from column B.

(seriously though, I'm not calling for any nerfs aside from the current redeploy ******** -- which is pretty much a problem for all factions -- and 0.75x ADS on weapons, due entirely to game engine issues.)
  11. Kirdra

It won't stop, and you can thank modern gaming for doing it. It breeds the stupidity that encourages people to continually put themselves in situations to get killed by the same weapon over, and over, and over again.

Why should they be expected to change their play style to fit the situation, when almost every other game lets you run around like a lemming and rack up huge scores?
  12. LenaQuin

Pounder? Long range? Are you sure you want to use those words in the same sentence?
    • Up x 4
  13. patrykK1028

Im pretty sure you havent said that when PPA nerf was announced.
  14. Bape

And here I am feeling sorry for NC and now I just found out they are getting ravens nerfed? Im guessing NC will be X10 worse once this nerf comes through smh.
  15. z1967

Probably when all the overperforming guns are balanced. Then when that happens the underperforming guns get buffed. Fairly straightforward balance wise.
    • Up x 2
  16. Leftconsin

Just FYI for everyone: The default rocket launchers are outperforming Ravens at killing vehicles and killing infantry.
  17. Imperial Sect

Went through a couple of the TR/NC peoples post history here. It's funny to read their comments in here about stopping the nerf train..and then seeing their pro PPA nerf posts in their histories.

Enjoy the banshee and raven nerfs lol.
    • Up x 2
  18. patrykK1028

Ravens have far superior RoF, almost same damage and infinite range, while RLs have drop like Medieval catapults.
  19. EGuardian1

I don't mind Nerf to either - Ravens are hardly used IMO (R.I.P Hammerboss) and the Banshee while requiring skill to do anything other than farm infantry does hit infantry way too hard at range. At least Air Hammer you have to get up close and personal.

Asymmetrical balance is fine - Ravens will still SKREE SKREE SKREE, just maybe a little less harder.
  20. T0x1s

AH do the same at that range. I would say even better. And i use AH and Banshee. I got 1000+ kills on both.
    • Up x 2