Banshee and Ravens nerf were confirmed by Higby Pls, which weapons should be rebalanced next?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MEU2, Nov 1, 2014.

1. TheMercator

What the f*** do you think he should do instead? Just redeploy and hope there is no ESF there? Or try to get a lock on with a launcher without getting killed so the plane loses a third of its life and kill it than? Pull a AA-Max and get killed in .3 seconds too?
    • Up x 1
  2. WUNDER8AR

personally I think that the game should be pretty well balanced once the Banshee and Ravens are done. I would love to see some more new weapons instead of fiddling around with the old ones. more ES weapons with some actual flavor, like the spiker etc. because I really couldn't think of one weapon right now that is in serious need of a nerf/buff. nothing really gamebreaking. maybe we should just stop for a moment with the endless nerf/buff cycle.
    • Up x 4
  3. Maljas23

Ehh, not that concerned about this. If they give it the same treatment they gave the Mag/Harasser PPA, I'm looking forward to it. I hope not a straight up nerf, but a redesign.

Either way though, this doesn't really bother me.

Oh, and I want some new weapons too. Would really love to see SOE stop playing it so traditionally safe with our guns and get some real SCI-FI into the game.
  4. GaBeRock

But where does it end? If banshee AI is nerfed, AH AA will be nerfed. When Raven AV is nerfed, mbt's get nerfed eventually.

Thats not to say some weapons don't need to be rebalanced, but believing the nerf/buff cycle will stop won't work, especially once vehicles get indirectly nerfed by the resource revamp phase 2.
    • Up x 2
  5. Rovertoo

Given their recent endeavors with the PPA and the Striker, 'changes' instead of nerfs seem to be exactly what they're doing.
    • Up x 1
  6. barunedpat

Whatever weapon is overperforming.
    This game have not reached perfection untill every weapon have the same amounts of kills divided by time used.
    • Up x 2
  7. GaBeRock

I mean, I'd take losing 50 max splash in return for 30 damage direct hit, but infantryside will make sure banshee becomes total sh*t. Ravens I don't care about one way or the other: just make them not hit beyond 300m and I'm fine, although I'd prefer that would happen to all infantry AV.
  8. Rovertoo

I'm all for "Empire Specific" nerf/changes. So for Ravens, if they want to reduce their power, reduce their fire rate. If they want to do a trade/change, increase damage and decrease fire rate also. (blanket 300 m range for av would be nice too). The banshee, if they want to just nerf it, should just do less damage. If they want to change it, increase RoF as well as decrease damage. That way they never lose their faction feel.
  9. GaBeRock

If they increase ROF at the cost of damage, they might as well just drop the extended clip size instead.
  10. placeholder22

Pro Tip: All MAX AV weapons do too much damage compared to rocket launchers
    Pro Tip: It's not that the banshee is instagib out of nowhere.It's because rocket launchers are so ineffective.

It's rocket launchers (AA Lock ons as much as any others) that need a serious buff.
  11. FrozenCustard

You know, with even the default nose gun you can easily instagib a max if that is your argument, seeing as they are fairly large in size and move so slow.
  12. Palkora

The ravens are the only redeeming qualities of the NC max. Nerf those and all you have is a giant bullet spondge.
  13. Matt879

Buff ZOE, buff the phase**** (Separating the semi auto and charge up mode like with the spiker will already go a long way), fix the phoenix issues and make the rocket continue in a straight line at normal velocity upon abandoning it/hitting the 300m mark, buff the valkyrie, "change" the pounders, give the TRAP some love (I seriously haven't been killed by that thing the last 2 months, not once). Those are my main concerns when it comes to balance at the moment. Especially ZOE though, yes it was blatantly OP pre-nerf, but it's absolutely worthless now, it harms you more than anything. It's been crap for almost a year now, please start slowly buffing it again.
    • Up x 2
  14. Frostiken

I would be okay with that if anything else in this game obeyed that logic.

That's what the problem with this game is - nothing makes any sense. You have crap that people INSIST on that should be "realistic" (and anti-vehicle weapon blowing infantry to bits) and then crap people insist should exist 'just because' (a guy on a jetpack casually tossing a tiny brick of plastic explosives onto the exterior armor of a tank and it somehow instantly blows it to pieces).

You have crap that people INSIST on that should be "realistic" (the heavy gunship cannon OHKing hostile fighters) and then crap people insist should exist 'just because' (aforementioned gunship is more agile than a goddamn stunt plane and is made of armor stronger than you have on actual tanks).

You have crap that people INSIST on that should be "realistic" (a shoulder-fired AV missile one-hit-kills infantry) and then crap people insist should exist 'just because' (aforementioned rocket-launcher-carrying-class is carrying a thousand pounds of weaponry and can run, jump, and move just as fast as every other class in the game).

This game could actually be good, but it's such a flustercluck of arcadey crap and quasi-realistic pandering that nothing makes any sense whatsoever. You can't balance anything in this game properly because nobody even know what this game is supposed to be like.

Even Battlefield 3 was more realistic than PS2. If PS2 was Battlefieldside, where everything obeyed Battlefield rules, it would work. If it was TeamFortressSide, where everything followed goofy TF2 rules, it would work. But it's not, It's BattlefieldFortressSide. You have dumb things that simply shouldn't be that you can't remove because people would cry too much at this point, and the devs are too lazy / cheap / incompetent / overworked / understaffed / underfunded / whatever to go back and fix all the crap wrong with this game.
  15. theBigM

if you cant beat it , Nerf it or Break it. the philosophy over at SOE
  16. theBigM

game has went to pure garbage last few months
  17. LibertyRevolution

A banshee/pod mossie has no problem killing infantry at a sunderer then taking out that sunderer.
    No it is not the best option for A2A, but you are still better off than trying to A2A with light PPA...

My issue with banshee is the short TTK.
    I have time to tank the damage from a PPA while I line up my decimator shot, I don't have that with banshee.

If ESF can have a TTK of under 0.5sec on infantry, then dual burster max should shred in ESF in 0.5sec too...
    I want a resource costing option that kills ESF in 0.5 that I don't have to fly.
    Give me an instant lockon OHK rocket, make it cost 300 resources so it is balanced.
    • Up x 4
  18. Zotamedu

All MAX abilities are garbage. The fundamental concept of lock-down is bad. It means they have to balance weapons around the increase fire rate you get which leads to them being rather bad without lock-down. There are very few places where it makes any amount of sense to lock-down. The NC shield is basically only useful to taunt people who are holed up somewhere.
  19. KrystOutlander

[On Topic Post]

I only have this to say about the Banshee - It is ridiculous and there is no counter to it. If you get targeted by a banshee you're going to die as a infantry. That is okay. It's something unique about the TR and never felt it was OP just annoying. I usually find some cover and get my AV rocket, or max out and scare him off or if dual AA max, kill him when he comes in to shoot a infantry.

On the topic of Ravens - I just went and tested all three factions expanded AV launchers.
    There are definite advantages and disadvantages to each so I will start with my experience using the Vanu > TR > NC

Vanu Sovereignty - These weapons have a three second charge timer for additional damage, but also hold the ability to fire multiple fast and laser accurate shots quite rapidly at a reduced damage.
    There is nearly no wait time between firing this weapon and knowing if you have hit your target or not. Additionally the charge up timer alows you the potential to duck out of fight in between power shots.
    It is relatively good against infantry, should you encounter any infantry you can spam fast repetative shots and know that if you dont suck at aiming most will hit the target and kill it thus allowing you to continue AV'ing enemy vehicles.
    Its laser and near instant travel time make it an acceptable option against enemy aircraft.

Drawbacks - it actually needs to be charged up to be effective against vehicles. the 12 shot clip, at three batteries per shot giving it the power to perform 4 shots before a reload. Reload time doesn't take long. Aiming this weapon was tricky, considering it has a lasers point of accuracy, and no deviation on it.

Terrain Republic - First thought - Annoyingly pointed upward canons shoot straight launched protectiles. Fix this please? I was instantly turned off by this. Aside from that this weapon is the weakest of the three, requiring more shots to be able to kill an enemy main battle tank, and three direct hits to kill a infantry.
    Positives to it are that is has 110 default ammo and 10 shots per magazine. Its rate of fire is quite insane as are its time to travel to target, lagging slightly behind the Vanu. The arc is not bad but the fact that the guns themselves dont give an accurate idea of how high or low you're aiming (yeah i like to be able to use my weapon as well as reticule as a judge for arc shots) is a problem. While dleivering less damage, it makes up for it in sheere volume of shots and with the TR Lockdown ability which can be engaged and disengaged quickly, you can lock down and take out that tank quickly before it knows whats happening. It has an extreme range like the VS but the arc requires more skill to use. You can however know if you've hit your target or not fairly quickly and it is very distinctive in its bright red glow. A benefit is that you dont know if that max on the horizon is on lock down or not, and risk the potential for having a continuous stream of whoop *** opened up on you. Its high speed of travel to target allows it to be effective against aircraft as well.

New Conglomerate - Advantage - Least number of shots to kill an enemy Tank or direct hits against infantry. 2 Direct hits kills most unsuited infantry without flak armor. It has an adjustable aiming mechanic that once fired allows you to then aim your shots leaving you with the potential to fire its 5 shot clip and continue to make corrections and aiming changes at a moving, advancing or retreating target. Default ammunition ranges from 5 shots and 65 shots in reserve. 13 Clips + 1 in the chamber. Its a moderate ammount of ammunition. Neither good nor bad. Its guided rocket feature allows you to effectively hit targets further away because you can correct the projectiles travel. It carries a small splash damage that I only observed on the TR as well though not to a great degree. So if you miss your target you still have the potential to damage it albeit not by mush, It took 4 shots to kill a ATV when shooting at the infantry standing right next to it, with splash damage. It is good as a mid range to long range weapon for the NC filling a niche in which the NC have no other effective weapons available.

Cons - it has the slowest travel speed of the three factions making after fire course corrections absolutely necisary. You cannot fire and forget this weapon, because if you should happen to look away your shots will veer in that direction. Firing this weapon requires that you commit to facing your target until the projectile reaches it. Its slow speed makes it ineffective against aircraft unless hovering or stationary and very close as these projectiles can be outrun easily by all except a galaxy. It is inefective against aircraft for this reason, not because it does not deliver damage. It has the loudest report of the three factions letting all on the field know of its existence, which can be a bonus or a negative depending on how you look at it. Unlike the other two factions, the NC Max Ability does not benefit this weapon, and instead, act as a giant, shoot me, for I am facing this way, and cannot fight back sign on the max that glows bright blue and is very visible. Hitting targets at long range is difficult due to the slow travel speed of this weapon meaning that the further the range the less effective and more difficult to use this weapon becomes.

If I've missed anything please fill in.

I do not think that the NC Raven needs a Nerf or adjustment. I think that as time has gone on this has just been a result of a Faction trying to fill a need for a medium to long range weapon. The NC are notorious for having short range powerful weapons and this is especially obvious in the max department. People have gotten better with this weapon, allowing them to achieve feats that were not obvious at its inception. This might result in situations where the unbelievable happens, but does not mean a imbalance. This is the same with all factions and weapons. If anything, I think that perhaps the TR and VS could use a slight buff in comparison, but the fact is the higher damage is the reward for having a slow travel high maintnance weapon. (Requires you to stay trained at target while missile travels) Thus requiring a baby sitting of your shots and leaving you exposed in the mean time. If you're fighting long range, this means you cant duck away to reload or take cover.

A suggested buff for the Vanu would be automatic firing of its weapons after a three charge shot is fired, continuing to hold down the trigger should que up an additional charging shot until the player lets go of the mouse button.

Fix the annoying position of the TR guns, and perhaps remove or half their arc for a slight damage increase.
  20. KrystOutlander

Pretty much! I like to stand out in the open with my shield up facing the enemy and have them waste time shooting me and trying to break my maxed out shield level. I then /yell taunts at them.