Balance changes needed, From a VS stand point

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Master, Feb 12, 2013.

1. ContraStorm

Look at you, saying that NC Max has nothing wrong with it when you guys cried your ***-es so much about the Mag and convinced that devs to nerf our Mags? And easy? You must be joking. You are just a defending something that you use and is overpowered. I don't care that NC max can only insta kill in close range, I think they should nerf the fu ck out of it. Just like they nerfed our Mags for being build for ranged battles because they have good mobility.

Oh **** the coin just flipped! Now you see why they shouldn't of nerfed the Mags? Mags have weak armor and low firepower. They are only usefull when used in long range battles and are worthless in close combat situations. Just like your "OPed" NC max. Its great upclose, but pretty ****t y at long range combat, right? And if SOE still uses the same mentality they used with the Mags, they will definitely nerf NC maxes to where it will really hurt just to satisfy all the players that have been complaining about it.
  2. Jack_Frost

Obviously you've never tried one. They are -USELESS- beyond 10m.
  3. Master

the king of ramming? now your trolling..

Took your first post seriously about the vs weapon changes and scythe pods being "too accurate" but now....no.
  4. Drsexxytime

At first I wasn't sure if the OP was serious or joking, then by this post I know now they were joking. lol.

I mean talking about nerfing the Reaver of all things, mentioning it's Air Hammer which is garbage at best since you need to be up on the other ESF, not to mention you have a good chance of crashing into their wreckage if you do kill them.

And then talking about nerfing the NC max because it's the only strong thing NC has, and it's a situational at best option and said max is a sitting duck beyond 12-15m and gets obliterated by other maxes and infantry.
    • Up x 1
  5. ThundaHawkPS

Scythe claws give extended ramming range + they do additional damage. The claws can get stuck in terrain but they also get stuck in enemy ESF more than anything else. Scythes inflict more ram damage to libs and can potentially 1 shot them with a ram if the collision is right. I'm not making this up. Scythes should crumple if they ram reavers, which are twice their size and presumably weight.
  6. xen3000

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  7. NoctD

No bullet drop infantry weapons... you can snipe with anything Vanu and the only ones with any bullet drop are bolt action sniper rifles which are for sniping too.

The Scythe is the hardest ESF for an AA turret and projectile ground based AA to hit because of how it can turn/jiggle in flight that other ESFs can't do. Same advantage goes for them dogfighting, the Reaver is a huge joke in comparison.
  8. Master

Airhammer is def. not garbage. There are good ESF pilots that now its potency and use it well. Reaver is the fastest ESF with lvl 3 speed.

NC scatmax is amazing in biolabs / defensive positions....where the enemy has to come to you. Also Max has a sprint where you can get in their face. If you don't know these things, than your playing the NC max wrong. Since we HAVE to push into a base, ppl get crapped on. It's too good against other max units. Run VS / TR and run max vs max...let me know what happens.
  9. Master

bullet drop only feels like anything at sniper ranges...I run a TR alt...its not that big of a deal as you make it out to be.
  10. Master

Nitpicking aren't we? I don't think anyone rams their scythe into things bc claws are OP >_> even if this is true or not...its a pointless tactic.
  11. Xasapis

You do realise that VS have seen a 15% population drop accross all servers right? That, I hope, is undisputed by all.

Do you really believe that people left the powerful and easy mode to join the hard and underpowered? At some point you need to get off the high horse the NC was trotting around since launch and realise that VS right now is the most challenging faction to play, both in terms of population and game mechanics.

Do you want easy mode? Don't play VS.
  12. Phazaar

The hilarious thing is that no one has even touched their weapons. They still get the ridiculousness that is the Orion, the SVA, The VXR, the Saron, the Photon Pods etc etc etc
    • Up x 1
  13. Drsexxytime

No, I know how to play thanks, that's why I'm pointing it out that you are flat out wrong. If you can't figure out why you don't see scatmaxes outside of biolabs and maybe in tower fights, then I don't know what to tell you.

Airhammer is another situational at best weapon, and has a very high pilot skill cap to use, while the other two ESFs are better at what matters most from an ESF and their lower skill caps make nearly everyone that gets into them threats.

But it doesn't seem you can grasp that, since you're upset you can't farm NC when you want, where you want. Once they buff everything else the NC has to put them on level ground in all situations or nerf TR and especially VS (hard) to NC's level, then you can ask for your scatmax nerf.
    • Up x 2
  14. Ghodere

I personally find it amusing that people manage to use a Scatmax to engage at >15m. Why would you do that?
  15. Drsexxytime

This is another joke. But it may boil down to your skill level which I don't know it's value so it may feel this way to you. VS population dropped because:
    1. Troll-time magriders don't utterly dominate like they once did and you have to take at least the Prowler very seriously now. This was backed by stats, there's zero denying that. So they lost their troll appeal causing a segment to leave.
    2. Everyone lost population due to that last horrible patch and what it did to the game performance wise along with SOE taking too long for content, not just weapon wise, but other continents and especially zero meta game.
    3. Many left because they wanted a challenge. To test if were actually that good, or if it was how imba nearly every facet of VS was.
    4. They were bored, wanted to try another faction until content is ready, as this is seen in every game.
    5. They found out they weren't "gaming gods" in their magriders, and are actually lower skilled than thought and couldn't handle such and left.
    • Up x 2
  16. ThundaHawkPS

Uh flying all 3 empires I've been rammed more by scythes than any other ESF, even playing on my VS. The claws are ridiculous.

If you remember the first time we fought, I was in hover shooting you and you 180'd and rammed me going forward just a bit from 50-60m. The issue with Scythes is they have a ramming advantage if they choose to use it, and it's there even if they don't intentionally want to ram. The claws also sometimes don't count as a hitbox for ramming, so a scythe can ram an esf for 75-100% and only take 50% or less damage for some weird reason.

Honestly, the ease of aiming photon pods + their burst relative to other ESF weapons is already a distinct advantage in A2A as far as weapon systems go.
    • Up x 3
  17. xen3000

More likely those VS players just couldn't handle the patch changes, namely getting the horrid south-east Indar gate, and quit over it. Was the Magrider being superior to the the other tanks that important? Nah, I really think they couldn't handle the gate change. Beyond the Magrider change, VS is just as easy to play now as before.
    • Up x 2
  18. Bambolero

It seems to me that VS players are in total denial.
    The only nerfing incomming is to VS guns...
    If anything done to NC, it's going to be a buff, their guns will be buffed or changes to flinch made.
    THEN we 'll have a balance.
    Posting worthless threads needs to stop.
    OP, you wouldn't recognize balance even if it oneshoots you in the face with a 6 barreled shotgun..
    Oh wait...
    • Up x 2
  19. NoctD

Actually at medium ranges TR carbines are totally short changed, and even at short ranges, TR doesn't have the ROF advantage either. I can run a Vanu alt with a stock Solstice and it by far surpasses the TR/NC starter carbines by a huge margin.

Also the Orion is just better than the T9 CARV for the same reason.

If its not a huge deal, then why are Vanu so opposed to seeing some (not the TR/NC level) bullet drop added to all Vanu guns? ;)
  20. Phazaar

Why are you talking ****? For it to even be a vaguely good weapon, it requires maxed out magazine capacity, which is ridiculous in itself. The Vortek is far better at it versus a liberator or any ground target. It also requires an incredibly short range to be effective, whilst the rotary+standard cannons do not. It has an incredibly imprecise spread which means damage is not evenly distributed, and very low firing speed, meaning once your target is alert to you (and outturning you, by the good grace of having better manoeuvrability), hitting is almost impossible. Now factor in the Reaver gun offset which actually affects the Air Hammer even more than the Vortek, and you've got a gun that's situationally brilliant, especially against ******** pilots, but will always guarantee you a loss against someone even vaguely good in a Mossie/Scythe.

More importantly, the Reaver with lvl 3 speed is not even as fast as the basic Mossie, let alone the racer 3 variant. Its 'racial trait' (afterburner speed of all things) is also bugged, in providing more speed when you do not equip the airframe than when you do.

My suggestion for you is that you roll an NC alt, and put up a quick video of you using the Air Hammer to its fullest potential. Those of us who have it tend to use it as a joke.

Oh, and finally, to whoever said they felt it was unreasonable to demand situational awareness from a pilot. Please die. Just. Just do. YES you should have to turn around every 10 seconds if you're hovering in the same spot. Otherwise make no mistake, the 1.7 seconds TTK from the Air Hammer, or the 2 seconds from the Rotary (leaving me with half a clip to finish you just incase you make an unpredictable move) will make no difference. I will destroy you. No nerf will stop that. I'll then get on my VS character and do it on medium difficulty. And finally I'll get on my TR character and do it on EZ mode.