Balance changes needed, From a VS stand point

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Master, Feb 12, 2013.

1. STR1D3R109

The amount of lockons is fine atm, the problem is the inability to dodge the missiles.. the 2 balance changes i think should be done are:
    • Increase the turn radius on rockets
    • Display either the missile on the minimap or the target locking on
    This gives any player the chance to dodge the incoming missiles and actually make hiding behind objects useful :)
  2. SlingBlade

One balance change that really needs to change is nerf the Prowler heat effectiveness vs infantry. Currently it has a large blast radius that one shots infantry and it can fire two rounds off, completly decimating any infantry in the area. They nerfed to Magrider to bring it close to the prowler in tank vs tank fights. Now they need to nerf the Prowler so the Magriders anti infantry capabilities are close, currently the prowler is FAR superior vs infantry due to the turret,heat damage and double fire abilities.
  3. stalkish

Lol VS players are funny, underpowered ESF, TR and NC coordination (ROFLMAO), and hard mode. Well at least it was a good laugh reading this thread.
  4. ThommiX

What are these people playing... Their complains make it sound like they are playing completely different game than me...
    I'm a VS and we didn't get nerfed to death. Sure we lost some faction hoppers but who cares,those jump ship every time they see something they think OP on other side.

I've still been playing and having a blast. Haven't even noticed the maggie "nerf"
    Fights are still good and we keep beating the NC and TR still.
    Nothing else has been changed,so why the whine?

Oh,i noticed that my default S1 launcher shoots a lot faster missiles. Didn't notice it mentioned in the patches.But this is a buff,not a nerf.
    • Up x 1
  5. 13lackCats

Vanu vs NC buff war!

Sounds like compelling reading. If I'd read it.
  6. SolLeks

I just want to say, the reaver with airspeed 3 is 1KPH slower than a stock mossie...

I use the airhammer to good effect even at range, I don't think it needs nerf because the TTK is longer vs aircraft than the rotary, it just seems more powerful since its more bursty (longer reload, fewer rounds). I like it more since I don't have to aim off screen to hit my target at close range.

scatmax's are good in close range, but shooting a HA 20 meters away with dual grinders (9 shells each), you will empty both magazines and maybe take out that heavy's shield.
  7. JohnnyMaverik

Would have given you a like but then you said that -_-

I do much better as NC than I do as TR or VS... go figure. Not saying NC are easy mode, just saying it's not easy, hard, medium in my experience, it's just different, different, different.
  8. Zaik

ITT: omg nerf shotguns, except for mine :)
  9. Eyeklops

LOL, I can't remember the last time I saw any evasive moving ESF get reliably hit by a volley of Photons, or any A2G rockets for that matter. Are you making these up?
    The TR have an ADS movement bonus on a carbine (short range), and NC get their movement bonus on an assault rifle (med-long range). If we are going to remove the movement bonus for the VS's LMG's, shouldn't we remove the TR/NC bonuses too?
    Try being a bit more specific, what your asking for needs a more direct target.
    A slight nerf to all AV MAXes against infantry in exchange for a significant TTK reduction against other MAXs is needed. The AV MAX in general is an underutilized class and strengthening it's role as a powerful anti-max unit should help. Given how fast a Hacksaw can take down other maxes, dual AV maxes will need to kill in one alpha strike to maintain an advantage.
    It did get nerfed, and the TR/NC MBT weapons got buffed. Do you read the patch notes?
  10. Burrfoot

As a Vanu player, I'm having a hard time seeing what our intended factional niche is supposed to be. Of the three factions, I feel we are the most generic.

I was very disappointed when I saw the MAX revamp thread with Vanu listed - *even now* - as TBD.

It started with that Ultimate Empire Showdown popularity contest. This just makes me feel that the developers are out of touch with the Vanu population. If our population really is decreasing, it might just be I am not alone in this feeling.
    • Up x 1
  11. ThundaHawkPS

I don't even use the airhammer that often any more, and rarely without AB fuel tanks. It's actually the worst of the 3 reaver guns when you a) get jumped yourself or b) have to start a fight head-to-head with an opponent at range. Vortek deals the same DPS with much more leniency towards misses, as do /all rotary guns/.

Shooting a Scythe from the front or the rear, it's nearly impossible to land full damage hits with the airhammer spread unless you have perfect position. This leads to a length reload roughly 2x the length of the enemy rotary, which can kill you just as fast without perfect position. Meanwhile, you are a reaver and therefore GIGANTIC and far easier to hit for that damage.

The airhammer's niche was shredding liberators (now all but extinct, shredded by everything) and doing respectable damage to ground armor. It does not have the range or splash or safety of the banshee or light PPA and requires high risk flying to be used at its fullest. I feel it's a fair weapon.

While we're on the subject of NC MAX effectiveness vs other MAXes, let me just say this: the automatic shotgun (piston, nighthawk, pandora) do comparable damage to one hacksaw and can be mounted on light assaults, which can outflank and are expendable. In large scale battles two suicidal infantrymen with auto shotguns can drop a MAX as fast or faster than a dual hacksaw. Remember, however, that infantry are expendable and costless.

ONE MORE THING! Certing MAX Kinetic Armor to rank 4-5 allows MAXes to survive 7+ dual hacksaw hits in close range. I'm willing to bet a lot of VS/TR MAXes don't have their Kinetic Armor levelled.
  12. ThundaHawkPS

13. JackD

And the Mossi and Scythe are way to effective against the Reaver. So why don we call it a draw? Also if you would as much certs in the rotary as we need to putin the AH it would be even more effective, and this thing isn´t easy to use. So very often you guys just think this think is OP because you loose against very good pilots.
  14. Sdc97

Nobody seems to like our shotguns. Everyone thinks they are OP because they burst you into tiny pieces...
    Thats the point of the shotgun. And thats one of the things that makes NC unique. We have good shotguns that give you the image of
    Freedom. I mean seriously, VS have alien technology with Floating and Strafing tanks, TR have the best ROF in the game, Why can't we have our shottguns? We put them on everything. All i want now is a flash shotgun.
  15. SgtBreastroker

I must be one of the only people to not notice any difference with the Vanu since the patch. Everything is still the same for me.
  16. Iksniljiksul

I don't think many of you people understand that MAX units are infantry. Looks have nothing to do with it. They are not armored targets, they are coded as infantry and there is no separate MAX unit category for damage.
  17. Conq

Yup, it's a broken record on the ScatMAX. Most people want the same thing, give the people what they want. Keep the TTK the same on infantry but heavily reduce it's damage against armor. Do that for all AI MAX weapons and pump up the damage on AV weapons.

Overall there will be less Scats being used in cramped spaces and more interesting fights between AV MAXes.
  18. ANTiKES

i never played anything else but nc la since beta and most of my deaths werent caused by other infantry but tanks and jets. For me personally has it already reached a point where I despise any pilot on sight :p.

What im saying is that nobody should ever have the opportunity to constantly go and farm for easy kills safe in the knowledge that nobody can be a threat to them. I once asked why nobody of my heavy assault buddies uses the anti air rocket launcher and they told me that it wasnt simply worthwhile enough to put certs into it. Now devs apparently changed it to a point where it is too strong? Well yeah, thats what devs always do when ppl complain about something being op etc....

So pls soe,
    keep things fair but do not encourage ppl's " I want easy win" attitude!
    In other words, thanks for giving infantry a powerful option to fight air but pls not that far that pilots apparently start to feel useless like how HA felt about their anti air before ;)
  19. Master

They should be, your in a robot / are a robot. It also costs resources to pull.
  20. Master

Was mocking the dude. I'm not saying NC>VS. What I'm saying is exactly what the OP states.