As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. BenYeeHua

Nope, just some question for the people that wanna temporary work for SOE, DEV team.
    How many time you need to find out how the code works, the coding style, to use the debuging tools, the profiling tools and more.
    Coding is not that easy...
  2. MuNrOe

Map looks like a Aggravated bee hive followed by flashing followed by crashing.

This **** is seriously getting old.

Whatever the HOTFIX was it HOTBROKE the game and needs to be HOTFIXED.
  3. BEcka

The problem is still there, we've reached page 41, just +1 the post to let the devs know we still can't play our beloved game. 24 days have passed since GU2, and 24 days have passed with me unable to play the game for more than 10 minutes without it crashing (if you call it play when you warp around).

Never in my gaming history have i seen a patch make a game unplayable for 20% of the population and not being fixed within a couple of days. I have been waiting for a fix not for 1 day, not for a couple of days but for 3 and a half weeks.

Can't wait for the 1 month marker so that i can give SOE the world record for the longest game breaking-crashing bug (launched on an UNTESTED PATCH) in gaming history.

The Oscar for worst patch in gaming history goes to...
    S.O.E. for the title "Warp-Around-For-10-Minutes-Then-Crash-Side2"

Here's the trailer for WarpSide2
  4. RedSoviet

I have been getting this as well since January 2013. I have tried everything posted in this now epic legendary thread.

I can only really play by ghost capping and repairing empty bases.

Next week Simcity comes out. I think I'll make the switch. Too bad too... I liked this game.
  5. panik

+1
    Games been like this for me since the 2.22 hotfix.
  6. MoeBeddaCheese

This started for me a few bigger patches ago(not including the small hot fixes) sometime in January. I have had a ticket in ever since. Still no fix.

It seems like I can play a little longer in small fights. Once I get into the big fights the clock starts ticking. Usually less than 10 minutes before I de-sync in big fights. I suppose it depends on how long I have been playing. Last night I was able to play about 30 minutes soling at small fight back bases. But that isn't why I play this game. I have tried everything except I just did the bcdedit /set useplatformclock true under the CMD prompt as administrator. Rebooting right now and I'll see how it goes.
  7. RedSoviet

Here's what I see when I try and play in a normal situation:

• Up x 1
  8. Azzer

Still nothing since the January update?

Sheesh :(
  9. AnuErebus

I had this problem fixed for awhile. But in the last few days it's come back with a vengeance. While it was an extremely annoying inconvenience earlier I now can't play near anyone without the game bugging out. And since this game kind of requires people to play with one another... I really can't play currently.
  10. neville1355

The game has also been unplayable since GU2 for me. Almost a month ago now.

I've been fairly patient through this whole ordeal.. and I do jump on the game every now and again. But every time I do, I get accused of hacking because I'm "teleporting everywhere". This really shouldn't be an issue. The fact that the problem is very black and white (it didn't happen before GU2, and started at GU2) should really narrow down the problem.

I'm a professional software developer and even the most quirky bugs I've ever had to fix haven't taken more than a couple weeks. This is insane!
  11. MajorBravo25

They sure are proud of this whole server merging project though.... maybe they should fix the game before increasing population density.
  12. DrSNAFU

Not to mention you'll probably see a 20% population boost just by fixing the problem and letting these people play again.
  13. BenYeeHua

And population loss for low FPS too.
  14. Angar

+1
    And it seems to effect top end systems. I don't think they understand that the people who can afford these systems are the ones with money to buy the special goo-gaws in the store. Think about it SOE. The cash cows are leaving the building.
  15. BenYeeHua

And it also increase the chance to report the wrong people, increase the works for processing hacker.
    • Up x 1
  16. NotTheMomma

That is probably true, but I can honestly say that I have only reported one player since GU02. If one knows about the desync problem, it's difficult to be certain. Heck, earlier I got killed trying to repair a deployed Sunderer that started making 20-meter leaps up and sideways, blinking all over the place. A little while later, when the squad was changing location, I was riding in that Sunderer, and it was flipping upside down, under the ground and then back up again, and dodging around like a flea on a dog's butt.
  17. Galantis

Never played a game with a bug this bad for this long and I've played mostly on very low end machines my whole life. Codeforge said he's been programming for 35 years, doesn't make him a good programmer and kind of shows. Fact they are bringing game to PS 4 will limit this game. It's already turning into mostly and arcade shooter with no depth. Was so hopeful. Dashed again.
  18. Edward_Howton

This is really getting ridiculous. No, I take it back, it's BEEN ridiculous for weeks now.
    Look, I'm all for the server merge thing, but you devs took what was a fine meal and updated it into a turd. You can polish the turd, you can decorate it with sparkles, you can reshape parts of the turd to make it hold up better, you can put it on a nicer-looking plate, and you can even slap two turds together to make them into a single bigger turd, but you're still serving a turd. Turds don't sell for very much. Restaurants don't survive long when they start serving turds.
    Maybe the interested parties at SOE can be directed to this forum thread so that they can be made aware that a shift of focus is necessary? Away, perhaps, from turd-polishing and turd-stacking, and towards a more profitable form of restauration?
    In case that's not clear enough for the pencil-pushing penny-pinching types, I'm making a clever analogy here that Planetside 2 isn't just broken, it's crippled well past the Tiny Tim stage straight into the Stephen Hawking zone, and it's trying to compete in the 100-meter dash.
    If it still isn't clear for the people who expect to make money off of this game: when game no work-y, game no make-y money. No make-y money bad. No work-y game bad. Make game work-y.
  19. Stinger.au

So I thought I had completely fixed this issue by fixing my bus multiplier in BIOS, but yesterday night the glitch reappeared after a short period of lag (if I recall correctly). However that is the first time I had that problem in two weeks or so, and it would fail reliably in almost every gaming session before that (after GU2), so it has definitely improved the situation. Note that I fixed the clock multiplier rather than over/underclocking the CPU.
  20. mcdxi11

I signed up to the forums just to say how relieved I am that you got a video with all of the crazy bull **** I've been experiencing. I've tried every damn tweek on the internet and I still get a crazy random FPS drop to 0/1, random warping (A tank spinning like a pinwheel killed me the other day when I ran by it purely due to proximity not to mention the armies of sky walkers I see on the regular) and that ridiculous blinking invisible word bug. I have every thing set to a bare minimum in order to max out fps and I still get all of these bugs. The only fix is to rage quit and go do something else for awhile.