As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Erendil

I just wanted to add my experience here in case it helps anyone else out...

I was experiencing tmany of the issue talked about in this thread right after GU2 came out and I couldn't play the game for more than about 20-30 minutes before something broke that forced me to restart PS2:
    • The Flickering Green Screen o' Doom
    • FPS drops down to <1FPS for several seconds at a time and then back again
    • random "You are in a restricted area" warnings
    • other players warping all over the place/standing frozen in place/flying or running backwards, vehicles spinning like a top, etc
    • frequent game lockups and CTDs,
    • and my personal favorite, getting no red hit indicators and doing zero damage to others despite unloading full mags into them but still being able to receive damage from anyone myself.
    Here's my rig:
    CPU: Intel i5 3570K OC'd @4.567GHz
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
    RAM: 8 GB Crucial Ballistix R/G Tracer DDR3 1866MHz 9-9-9-27-2T
    HDD/SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD
    Video Card: MSI Nvidia 680 GTX Twin Frozr 4GB
    Video Driver: NVIDIA ForceWare 310.90
    Audio: Modded Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
    At the time GU2 was released I was using Nvidia 306.23 drivers. I updated them to the 310.90 and my FPS drops went away. I still had all the other issues tho.

Now GU2 contained many game "op-tuh-my-zay-shuns" to help out lower end rigs, and it dawned on me that PS2 might be doing some BIOS queries to try and determine how fast the client PC is in order to do some performance tweaks "behind the scenes." I was using the ASUS AI Suite II to OC my CPU from w/in Windows. But I don't know how it does its OC'ing. I also don't know much about how my ASUS board's UEFI BIOS differs architecturally from a traditional BIOS. So it got me thinking that maybe, just maybe, my rig was running at a speed that was different than what PS2 thought it was running at and it was causing some sort of sync issue w/ the server. This thread seems to support my hypothesis.

I had already tried numerous things to try to solve my issues with no success (Win7 updates, deleting PS2 ini/xml files so they game would recreate them, Directx reinstall, SOE Launcher Validation, etc) so in light of all this, here's what I did:
    1. I disabled the AI Suite II overclocking and manually set the same OC in the BIOS
    2. I uninstalled PS2, deleted its install directory, rebooted, and then installed it in a different directory location.
    I'm not sure which step fixed what problem(s), but I do know that after doing the above all of my issues went away. I've been problem-free for about 2 weeks now..
  2. SuperLexatron

This reply was 2 weeks ago, perhaps an update? People in this thread seem to have pretty much nailed the origin of the problem, and some even have working temporary fixes.

Does 'ASAP' mean those who have already waited almost 3 weeks should expect to wait another 3 weeks? Or 3 months?

As it is right now, it feels like this is a low priority problem which is surpassed by throwing out new updates with new stuff to buy and changed/added features. People on the forums seem to be making more effort to collect information and pinpoint the problem than the devs are.

I should point out, in every game I have played, MMO or not - I have never been unable to play a game for 3 weeks due to a bug. Game breaking bugs like this, which I've seen my fair share of - are prioritized and are fixed ASAP. ASAP meaning prioritizing it above putting out more stuff to sell and potentially break, collecting as much information as possible and finding the problem/solution.

Sorry if I come across as somewhat bitter, but my patience ran out.
  3. BEcka

"The reason why the issue did not occur before, is because it was not an issue before GU02, which had a lot of optimizations for lower spec machines, primarily lower spec CPUs. This is the reason why it is not good enough having Windows estimating your speed, but needs an accurate readout. You cannot compare this issue to how your rig runs on other games, as they are all built upon different engines, which interact with the hardware in its own way. PlanetSide 2 before GU02, was fine using an estimated CPU speed to run, but since the optimizations that went out in GU02, it needs a more accurate reading, and sometimes windows estimates your CPU speed wrong, which is causing this issue.

Regards,
    TSR Joseph B"

"So basically what you are telling me now is that in order for lower spec CPUs to run this game, higher end CPUs like mine are supposed to not work at all. Seems legit, then i guess i'll just get a **** PC so i can run your game at all thanks!"

BTW, GU3 as stated did NOT fix the warping issue.
    Keep the updates coming SOE, i hope every single update you make lowers your player base (each gamebreaking bug you launch with no prior testing of the patches makes you lose 20% of your customers, just like GU2 did)

I HOPE in a couple of months there will be just Higby, Total Biscuit and T-Ray playing (each on different servers), since both Seananners and LVLcap don't play this game anymore and have talked about the bugs that GU2 brought to the field.

3 weeks have passed and no word and no effort in the actual fixing of GU2 and you dare launch 1 more patch? are you serious? GU2 made the game unplayable for 20% of the population and you dare launch 1 more patch instead of fixing (not hotfixing cause that means fixing the bugs fast, after 3 weeks don't dare calling it a "hotfix")
    • Up x 3
  4. BenYeeHua

I can say that, stop talking to them.
    It is just like talking to a soldier that don't know tactics, you are just wasting the time...
    As the devs also knowing more than us, I wonder how they can talking with us, that knowing less about coding...
  5. DurtySonuva

As an update from a player that experienced the very same issue as most here. I have installed my Water2.0Pro, and in the process uninstalled EPU, and OC'd my AMD Phenom II x6 1090t to 4.0ghz and ran PS2 last night on high settings for 2 hours with absolutely no desyncing. I know many on here have had this same experience in one form or another, just confirming that it is possible (at least for me) to run this game with no issues by locking in the multiplier and core clock AND turning off EPU. Obviously this isn't for everyone, especially for those that don't want to mess with BIOS (as many have already stated), but it is possible to not have this issue if you have a similar setup (AMD CPU and ASUS mobo). OBVIOUSLY I still think SOE should fix the issue for those not wanting to touch their BIOS and uninstall a program that is meant to help their system. I still agree the issue should not have occured in the first place, but since I was already planning on doing the above, I am at least thankful that I can still OC and not experience desyncing.

For those still experiencing the issue, I hope SOE provides resolve soon... but from the reply BEcka got, it doesn't seem hopeful...
  6. BenYeeHua

I think they can do it, by writing the code to check the sync, just like the Win Timer Tester.
    So they can know it is unsync, and using the better ways to use the timer.
  7. SuperLexatron

3 of my friends have quit, since this bug is just the icing on the cake for them - and many more (10+ and still increasing) are taking a temporary break til it's resolved.

Bugs like this have severe effects on the playerbase, yet as you say, SOE have the audacity to keep us in the dark on any progress they might be making on the bug-fix (if any) and instead push out more stuff to buy and more stuff to change/break.

It is indeed infuriating, 'new-MMO' is no longer an excuse, 'Beta' is no longer an excuse, F2P is not even an excuse (certainly isn't 'free' for me) - there is literally no excusing the attitude given towards this game-breaking bug.

I have never EVER played any other game (MMO or not) that didn't allow me to play due to a BUG for 3 WEEKS and I have encountered many big bugs in gaming in my time (and ironically the bigger the impact on gaming, the quicker it is generally fixed)...

EVEN IF they kept us consistently updated and asked for more information relating to the bug, I would still be running out of patience... but the fact they stand silent, seemingly not caring, releasing new content almost pretending as though nothing is wrong... 'infuriating' doesn't even cover it...

While me being so angry is somewhat a testament to how much I love the game and miss playing it - there is only so much I can take. Soon I will be one of those pissy customers asking for a refund on everything. This is beyond business, this is beyond the usual MMO-nonsense and this is BEYOND a joke.

Edit: Sorry I dont mean to rant at you, I just need to let the frustration be heard. I feel the same as you.

Edit edit: 3 people quitting is now 4, and these are just personal friends of mine... un-*******-believeable. I can't even bring myself to tell them to be patient and wait it out anymore.

I would also like to say thank you, you alone seem to have done more in this thread than anyone from SOE have done so far. Your time and effort is appreciated.
  8. BenYeeHua

Yes, they are lack of management and communication, and priority.
    First law in F2P, you need many people, then you will get the money.
    But how many people are playing now?
  9. Bluebullet

Well the new patch was worthless for us as the desync is still present and it returned a worse version of the hit registration failure(neuteredmode) problem so I get mere moments in combat.
  10. SuperLexatron

I have just had my post which highlighted this problem in the 'Gameplay Bugs' forum - deleted by an official for breaking the rules by QUOTE: 'cross posting an issue that you are having'

I am absolutely disgusted. This is the definition of sweeping it under the rug... Seriously what the flying **** SOE?

Don't bother responding regarding the issue...

Don't bother with the fact I re-posted this BUG where it belongs - in the gameplay BUGS forum...

Don't bother telling me how close you might be to sorting the issue out...

Just delete the post regarding it...

Wow... just wow.

Edit: this is the reason for it, hope you're ready for this bombshell...

QUOTE: ''Lagging issues are more Tech Support then an in game bug. Thank you!''
  11. BenYeeHua

lol
    They should know how many guy leaving with this bug compare with lag.
  12. Deerun

13. SpectralBlaze

Me:
    @planetside2 Hits STILL stop registering after 15 mins of play. Started with GU02 and worse now. No response to the threads on the forums.

Them:
    @spectralblaze Thanks for your report. Does this happen consistently? ^Sentinel

Me:
    @planetside2 almost everytime i log in. There have been threads on the forums about it .http://tinyurl.com/axse8wv & http://tinyurl.com/bhpqpb8

Them:
    @spectralblaze Are you experiencing this personally?

Me:
    @planetside2 I wouldnt have posted it here if it wasnt bothering me :D

Them:
    @spectralblaze Thanks for your report! We will definitely pass this along to the team along with the threads you've provided. ^Sentinel

I am still experiancing the problem reported in this thread. About 15 min after I log in I loose sync with the game and am unable to do damage to anything (with the exception of the knife). Decided to try replying to @planetside2 on twitter. Linked him here, hopefully we can get a response now.
  14. BEcka

Yes work on the player application, i love the player application, i love how it shows i have been a member since the day the game launched, i love how it shows my 4.14 KDR and big play time, i like how it said i own all with the heavy assault, and i also like how it said I HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS GAME FOR THE PAST 3 WEEKS.
    I love the fact that they work on GU3, they are working on adding more stuff, when what they added on the 2nd of February broke the game for a huge percentage of the population.

I love how they are simply solving this issue by merging servers. Hell yeah, that's the solution, don't bring the population back by fixing the bloody bug, just merge servers so it seems they are heavily populated again.

Fun fun fun, so in order for lower spec machines to be able to run this game (like shhht - lower end machines play @ 15-40 fps max), us high end PC users went from 40-140 fps before GU2 to warping and crashing after 10 minutes of gameplay.

So in order to make this game available (not playable, i wouldn't call a game running at 15 fps playable just "available") for some players, 20-30% of us with high specs can't play the game at all.

You know what i also love, how this thread has a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge amount of replies, in 3 weeks this has gathered more replies than most threads that were on the forum the day the game launched (3 months ago). But SOE doesn't consider us worth a stupid answer. Neah we don't deserve to know if they are still working on it or we should just permanently delete the game from our steam. Also fun talking about steam how steamgraph shows drops to 2000 players on all servers.
    Basically at a given time there are only 2000 players playing on the 10-20 servers this game started with :)) that's like 100 per server, 30 per faction, and 10-20 of each faction per continent :)))).

So at a given time and place the "huge battles of planetside2" now are less populated than a LAN counter-strike with your neighbours. Care to guess why SOE??? I'll give you a hint GU2
  15. BigBlackenstein

So as it would turn out, apparently I've waited too long to receive a refund. However Customer Support has been as helpful and friendly as possible, so they don't deserve my backlash, nor do any of you. I am a little irritated that I WAITED as a show of my support in hope of a fix. But fair enough, at the end of the day, a business is a business. I would like some sort of confirmation from the Developers that we will see a fix, or I feel like this is going to get a lot nastier than it has been.

SOE, your player base has been rather mature and patient overall, not a virtue many companies receive from their community. Please, don't reward us with willful ignorance and silence, hoping we'll just go away like a bad headache. I don't care if I have to post everyday for the rest of the days Planetside 2 is active, to make sure that none forget how many players are plagued, were plagued, and left over such a major issue. At the end of the day, it is your responsibility to fix this, not ours. Rolling out hotfixes before a fix for this is one thing, but rolling out a Game Update before fixing this isn't just insult to injury. It's intentional hatred of all those who want to support your game but no longer can.

Anyways, as always, good day, don't disappoint us. Please.
    • Up x 1
  16. BEcka

Just wanted to +1 your post and especially these 2 quotes i picked out of your post
  17. Stimudent

Just to add to the misery the 2/22 hotfix has made the desync, etc. issues worse for me. Stuttering and flashing from the outset and frozen game within minutes.
  18. BEcka

Lol dude, it's called "optimization" don't you see? All they did was make it run faster: it warps faster, desyncs faster, crashes faster, it's now optimized. The full optimization patch (GU4) will result in insta-crash on login.
  19. BenYeeHua

And GU05 will become crash in 1ns, great.:D
  20. SpectralBlaze

Bump for visibility. Issue still keeps me from being able to play.