As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Miggs

So are you are another player in BEcka's position where none of the workarounds concerning the CPU clock speed alterations make any difference to the appearance of the artefact?

It's a hard one for SOE to crack for sure.

Whilst some of us can make this effect appear reproducably by following simple steps, and can also minimise the appearance of the effect reliably, others doing the same proceedures see no discernable changes in their game.
  2. Swarley

I don't think this is very hard on SOE. I've seen much more complicated bugs in video games that were fixed faster.

Not only does SOE know when this bug started happening, GU2 seems to be the consensus, but they also know nearly all of the work arounds posted through these forums, granted not all of them work for all of us.

They have a 40+ page forum post discussing the issue... The hardest part about fixing coding is knowing which pieces are broken, and they know generally where to start on due to this thread.

I honestly can't wrap my head around why this issue, that leaves the game completely unplayable for a **** ton of people, wouldn't be expedited..... I want to play with my friends, they want to play with me -- none of us are playing, even the few who's game is working refuse to play by themselves....

4 weeks now? Going on 5? **** that's embarrassing.
    • Up x 1
  3. Otulien

This has to be one of the largest threads on this forum.

Nice.
  4. Miggs

What I meant was it's hard for SOE since this is obviously an unintended outcome of the update, but do they bite the bullet and revert to pre-GU02 and lose the good things that the update introduced or work their way through what could be the possible cause?
  5. BigBlackenstein

I've finally gotten around to cancelling my Sub. Enough is enough. The sad thing is, I'm less upset about the 30 Dollars + 50 in Station cash that I didn't get to enjoy for more than a month, than I am about feeling conned and let down. And please, if someone can tell me one thing that GU02 brought to the table that is worth killing your server population, community, and future players over, I'm all ears. Sony should of either fixed this fast, or reverted and worked out these kind of bugs before bringing it back. But I guess when you're rolling in money it doesn't really matter.

My initial experiences with Customer Support still stand. They were still very nice, and very patient. But this whole experience can no longer be bided by with politeness. There comes a point when you have to cut losses. I found mine, but have you found yours SOE? I hold no ill will towards anyone here, SOE, CSRs, or community members. The only thing I hold ill will towards is the stubborness in not pulling this horrid update and putting on some duct tape before re-releasing it. I could've of lived without SMGs and spawn tunnels. Hell I'd of rather seen them come in small updates. Less things to go wrong. But that's just me. I'll still be trucking around this thread, praying for a fix, but not another penny will come out of my pocket.
  6. neville1355

Looks like the latest patch/server merge fixed the problem for me. It's only been 30 minutes, but usually by now I see all kinds of glitching on my minimap.

So far so goo!
  7. Stimudent

Knock on wood but after a few hours all the issues I have had are gone.
  8. BEcka

I can confirm that the last patch made the warping and flickering go away. I see no problem other than the fact that the capture points and terminals disappear off my minimap, there is one big big issue though, i hit people with rockets and bullets the animation for blowing up or bullet hitting is shown but i deal NO damage UNLESS I STAND STILL.

Also i have to report that the latest patch made me GODMODE (i am somehow permanently invisible with the Heavy Assault to both my teammates and my squad mates but especially to the enemies).
    Basically NO ONE CAN SEE ME, i have tested this and walked right in the middle of a VANU zerg, then shortly after in the middle of the TR zerg. I was looking straight at people and they were looking back and clearly did NOT see me in any way.

Apparently even though the physical manifestation of the "warping" has gone on my side, i am actually warping for other people. Basically this patch made the game work for me and probably all the others who had this problem and made the game unplayable for the "others" that could play after GU2.

Keep in mind i have NO program running, i am NOT cheating in any way, i am NOT doing this on purpose. I got a 62-6 infantry only (killed by random splash bullets) killstreak and stopped playing, this is NOT what i want, if i wanted to be permanently invisible and kill people who can't see me, i would have probably been one of the "fegget" cheaters.
    I AM NOT a cheater and i DO NOT want to play the game like one.

This has been the first time i have experienced this game, or any other game for that matter somewhat "like" a cheater, and it is boring like HELL, i don't get why people cheat, i really don't, no adrenaline, no heart rate pumping, BOOOOOOOORIIIIIIING.

If some random dev decides to ban me i have also RECORDED a video to have as proof.
  9. Galantis

De-syncing gone for me it seems so far. Only took a month. FPS kinda terrible in fights though. TTK seem even shorter now 0.0
  10. UhtredRagnarsson

Just wanted to toss my hat onto this page again to provide a quick summary of my experience to date.

1: Post giant update issues like many. I warped all over, no one else did...unplayable after 4-5 mins each log in.
    2: Deleting userini etc. files had no fix, restart gave me another 4-5 mins of play, but no fix. Bought a new wireless usb - no fix.
    3: Changed my CPU Bios from auto to manual 200 like some guys were doing (wrote about this back on some page in the 30's).
    4: Game seemed fine, had been playing normal since changing my BIOS. I could revert it back to being buggy by putting my cpu to auto again. Only new issue was I would spawn with no health at all, but if I re-supplied I would get my health back
    5: Just logged in an hour ago..made a few what I considered quite skillful kills, was virtually patting myself on the back...which turned out to be no-skill kills because I was jumping all over like many dudes have experienced....Had 3 guys in a row tell me they were reporting me for cheating....ended up using the /tell with a dude I killed and he confirmed I had been jumping around....but he asked me first before reporting me if I knew I was cheating (nice dude).

So yeah, frustrating issue like most. I wouldn't even know how to cheat if I wanted to...and I have never overclocked my pc...it does that on its own through the auto setting I didn't know I had until this forum arose. Hopefully SOE fixes this; it is the first shooter I have tried and really is a great game. I even spent money in game which I had never done before because I felt it was justified by the fact it was such a fun experience and I didn't mind supporting the dudes who made it. Shame its not functional anymore.

Cheers.
  11. geldonyetich

Pre-patch/merge, as of about a week ago: game seemed to be working fine.
    Post/patch/merge, as of today, people warping all over the place. Typically after a minute or two of play, but probably just related to going into any area of significant population to notice.

Problem comes and goes, oddly enough. Sometimes works fine, other times lots of warping. If we weren't so busy blaming possibly CPU mismatches, I'd blame it on packet distribution within the PS2 servers, because it looks a lot more like it to me.

Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboard, FX-8120 CPU. Why yes, I did disable the power saver, have high performance computing enabled, and so on. Tried all the BCDedit stuff, deleting the configuration .ini, tweaking everything in BIOS, does not seem to make any difference.

I'm pretty sure my CPU frequency BIOS is already set from auto to manual at 200, but the clock speed still fluctuates a bit because, hey, if you've got a modern CPU, the clock speed is built to fluctuate. Software that can't handle that can't handle a modern system, amirite?

But then, I don't think I'm having the same problem as those guys who used the hardware fixes. Look at their videos, and you'll see that people are blinking out of existence and stuff. I'm not having that, I'm having people warping around strangely, exactly like PS2's prediction code is making a bunch of wrong guesses. I'm having vehicles performing impossible maneuvers, side-strafing (when they're not magridgers) in a zig-zag formation when they're actually driving reasonably straight with only minor course corrections. People spinning around and jittering back and forth instead of keeping to a relatively straight path, stuff like that. Aircraft doing flybys that somehow have them bobbing back and forth in strafing maneuvers not possible at that forward momentum.

More interesting still, the problem comes and goes, during the same session, without any difference in ping or any packetloss to the PS2 server. It may be affecting some people and not others. It always only affects people, though, whether they're in a vehicle or on foot... maybe projectiles, too?

That was working fine pre-patch and is now warping post-patch is probably all you really need to know: a new bug is here, probably not at all related to the CPU hardware issue from before, that is causing lots of warping sporadically.

Possibly related: when manning an engineer turret or driving my Lightning, it seems my hits aren't being registered - no HUD indicator of hits happening at all, even on projectiles that would appear to have definitely hit the mark.
  12. geldonyetich

Here's what it looks like in action:

It's actually pretty hilarious, aside from how it makes the game completely unplayable.

Again, this is a sporadic issue; it doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally, and only ever since I started playing on Helios after the merge.
  13. cylon8

you can't kill anything i get one shotted by anyone not desynching its total crap
  14. geldonyetich

I think there might be two issues going on.

When you have the flashing/flickering units warping around, possibly everything but the terrain vanishing entirely, it's probably caused by the game not handling some core hardware interface properly (e.g. the CPU frequency variation) and might be rectified by the solutions people have found related to that (such as locking CPU frequency or the bcdedit fix).

When you have units that are not flashing/flickering but are warping around in strange patterns of movement not normally possible in the game, it's caused by some kind of prediction code failure. It would seem more likely to be related to the server sending bad, conflicting information. But it could have the same root cause if the actual problem is the client is not interpreting the information coming from the server correctly.
  15. cylon8

thing is the overclocking fix isn't applicable for me i am not overclocked so it's the server code...why this wasn't caught pre patch is beyond me it's not like soe is new to online gaming.
  16. geldonyetich

Bear in mind that locking the CPU frequency is not the same thing as overclocking. What some people are reporting works is that you can basically disable everything in your system (that is usually enabled by default) which causes your CPU frequency to change automatically. The problem with this solution is that many modern multicore processors cannot disable this behavior - CPU frequency modulation is somewhat core to how high-performance processors are able to do what they do.

Personally, I'm thinking it might be a coincidence if those fixes work. It's acting a lot like there's something else going on related to prediction code failing or bad server packets being sent or good server packets being interpreted wrongly.
  17. BigBlackenstein

Just my luck that this Server Merge patch fixed this issue for some people, broke it for others, and still, I can not do an ounce of damage after 5 minutes of game time. My last shred, my singular drop of hope, has finally been shattered. I send my condolences to all those experiencing this bug. Be they new victims or veteran victims. We're all feeling the pain.
  18. Phaze

I've posted in about every thread on this... basically the game works about 1 out of every 5 times I log in... and it seems to work fine from that point, until I log out.

The other 4 times... after a couple of minutes, everything starts going crazy like in the various videos posted.

I have an i7 980x.. never had any problems like this until last night's merge/update.

It has to be one of the "performance improvements" that is causing the issue... I hope SOE will quickly identify this and hotfix/revert/whatever... because right now the game is essentially unplayable.
  19. Shasbot

Worst bug ever. After about 10 minutes of play everything lags out and I can't do anything.
  20. BigBlackenstein

To those who think this is still an Overclocking issue, I urge you to now reconsider. Check a lot of the new posts, many of them have tried all the workarounds in the other thread started by LordMondando. Apparently SOE have stamped out that, and left us with this. I'm glad to see a few had their issues fixed. But now, even more players are experiencing it since the merge, and what could be used to buy valuable game time in the way of a temporary solution doesn't even work.

I would say to continue to make your voice heard, but who's listening anymore?