As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. shizzzle

Since I uninstalled PS2 like two weeks ago I would like to know if they already fixed the game yet or is SOE still expecting me to do their job and mess around with my high spec rig (which I am of course not doing) that perfectly runs few other popular shooters/multiplayer games that I have on my SSD right now?

Reading last few posts in this thread lets me assume that they did NOT cuz this thread is getting longer...
  2. BenYeeHua

Yes, 2 week is not enough time for optimizing it completely, without any stability bug.
  3. Ronin Oni

meh... happens sometimes.

Some kind of network connection issue of some sort. Once it starts happening, I'm effed. I can't even quit, restart, and play cause so far, 90% of the time it's gonna do it again right away.

When I see the massive crazy warp, I just figure it's time to play a diff game for a lil bit.

Does it need to be fixed? Yes.

Is it annoying and gamebreaking when it happens? Yes

Is my life going to end or anything else significant enough to get panties up in a bunch? Nope. I'll just try again in a few hours or another day.

That is all.
  4. BEcka

Yes i did use admin permission and i did restart the computer. But thanks for trying to fix something that SOE broke. I did not have this issue before the patch, i enjoyed the game before the patch, i absolutely can't play at all not even 2 minutes in a crowded area, i crash after 10 minutes of play and my machine is very powerful so it's not that.
    I expect SOE to fix what they broke or at least give me back my game prior to the stupid patch
  5. BenYeeHua

Ya, I can say this game is too less protection for desync.
  6. NotTheMomma

This HPET suggestion is hit & miss on which rigs that it will positively impact. It makes my DPC latency lower on average but have very large peaks, which functioned in-game very poorly. On my PC, HPET enabled in BIOS and left alone in Win 7 works best.

However, I do use the Set Timer Resolution app. It seems to make things a wee bit more stable, and, even if it doesn't do anything, the program uses a miniscule amount of system resources.
  7. Miggs

At least this thread seems to have pin pointed what it is that makes the artefact appear.

With that info SOE has a better chance of finding and fixing the bit of code causing it.
  8. SuperLexatron

STILL seems to be happening so the recent update doesn't seem to have done anything. It has been nearly 3 weeks. For an issue that makes the game unplayable for any length of time for a great number of people, I would have thought this would be higher priority on the fix-list with slightly more feedback than the usual 'We are aware of the issue' bull.s.h.i.t.
    • Up x 1
  9. BEcka

Funny how GU3 has no word about actually fixing the warping around that 30% of the playerbase experiences. And the 10 minute warping around then crash bugs
    • Up x 2
  10. BigBlackenstein

So this is the reward for my patience. GU03 comes out today. No fix. Well, that's the final straw for me. Here comes the request for a refund. I tried SOE, I really did. But if this is how you fix problems, by sweeping them under the rug and replacing the players you lose with those not afflicted with those problems, that's not something I stand for. Good day.
    • Up x 4
  11. BEcka

Indeed, i am guessing the tactic is to just put these bugs under the rug. It's easier ignoring an issue than trying to fix it.
    I guess that 20% of us are just expected to play like this

Cause really, i find no issue in this video (also please watch min 7:00 the minimap and game)

Hope you enjoy games like this, cause i most certainly DON'T
  12. Kroshka

This will not be fixed, guys.
    This occured right after the GU02, which means that in order to debug this the one should go through all commits to the patch to find where the bug is. SOE decided to develop the new patch instead.
    SOE is aware of the issue, but invests the resources to develop new shiny things instead. Suck it up, remember the developer and never invest a dime in their games from now on. The only way to influence SOE is to vote using your money.
    BTW, I have the same issue. Rage is not productive, thinking is.
  13. Slapfight

I've tried the setplatformclock true fix. I've tried disabling Speedstep and Turbo and uninstalled EPU-6 engine. I've set my bios to manual so no overclocking is applied. And I've tried different combinations of these fixes as well. I'm still getting warping (although not as bad as before). Also my fps drops by 50% with these fixes applied so it's a double edged sword. I'll be asking for a refund soon if a fix is not implemented. This is getting to be way too long of a time to be patient.

I'm pretty sure this is the longest thread on the entire forum. You'd think SOE would address the issues a 'lil quicker.
  14. BenYeeHua

Did you make sure HPET is enable in BIOS?
  15. Galantis

Simple fact is NO ONE should have play around with BIOS or clock frequency or anything of that sort. This is flat out BAD and LAZY programming. SOE doesn't have best reputation and they are living up to their reputation.
  16. Falters

Hey BEcka. No worries on the snide comment earlier in the thread.
    What the WinTimerTester utility is telling you is that something is messing with your FSB timing, this is likely causing the issue.

Give it another go, maybe you mistyped a command (I initially typed in the command to undue to fix, then caught myself).

Perhaps, and BenLim can probably answer this better than myself, you have something in your BIOS that is changing your platform timing? Maybe you should post up your mobo make/model and hope someone else knows something that will help. Or read the mobo manual (download a PDF and search test for FSB, front side bus, overclock, etc.) and see if you can find something in there.

The bottom line is that we're on the right track. SOE changed something about how they sync the client, that's where the problem is and SO many of us were doing JUST fine during GU01, they SURELY can track that down if they read this thread. Or maybe Lord's new thread will get their attention.

But, put in tickets with SOE, tell them what you think the problem is and what you have done so far. And help other people to download the WinTimerTester and verify the FSB timing is the issue.

Thanks again to BenLim for pointing this out.

Honestly, though, I'm heading out for a couple of months to play other games. Doesn't take much downtime for me to find new games to play and I had more than a couple of weeks to shop around and I found a couple, so see you in a couple of months maybe.

Good luck!
  17. neville1355

Tried to disable my EPU-Engine with no luck :(

I'm reluctant to modify and core OS or BIOS settings merely for this game. The fact that we need to tweak our systems in this way to "fix" the problem is ridiculous.

I vaguely remember EQ2 having similar issues when they turned on multi-core performance... although this obviously isn't a multi-core issue. They got that fixed up nice and quick, though.
  18. Neuroxic

I will agree with you on this one, SOE Support TSRs been giving me all kinds of work arounds to "fix" the issue which they think was originally created on my machine. I really don't think they are taking full responsibility of the fact that they might have messed up somewhere in the last patch and need to re-run it to find a fault.

So, I have been told to bring back my rig to stock clocks, when that failed, check for some windows updates and re-install DX 9.0c. If this problem was originated by my machine it would be happening from day 1 of the game, it all started after GU2 was released. Now I can't even touch the game without it going bat **** crazy on me.

Just for the curious minds of what type of specs I am running this on...
    Core i7 980x, GTX 590, 12 GB Ram, and also running this game on an SSD.
    So I really do not think its my rig which originated these issues.

@BEcka
    I really envy that atleast with that crap its still running for you, mine just goes in freeze mode for multiple times until I get tired of looking at a frozen screen and force close it. :p
  19. Deerun

20. BenYeeHua