Aimbots Rampant

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Targanwolf, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klypto

I personally don't deny that it occurs at all, but I will strongly deny that greater than 00.1% of the player base is hacking. This is mainly because I've never encountered someone besides the UBGL bug in the 2000 hours I've played that made me think "that guy is hacking". I have also not encounter someone actually hacking that I am aware of.

Then there's arguments on the server almost every day from people saying "HOW CAN YOU SURVIVE SO MANY SHOTS" "WHAT YOU DID IS IMPOSSIBLE, YOU CAN'T KILL A HEAVY WITH MEDIC GUNS IN 1/4TH A SECOND", "YOU CAN'T AIM LIKE THAT, BOTTER".

I already had yet another one today and their ignorance is damn annoying.
    • Up x 2
  2. Frostiken

I was killed instantly with a single shot from a MagShot by a guy who was absolutely nowhere near me, while I was riding a Flash at top speed with the cloak on.

What part of that did you not understand?
  3. Warpdoo

I just thought it was funnier than ever just because they think its fun to cheat but once you go to a server full of cheaters just like you then you really get put in your place and then the cheater gets mad. ahha
  4. Rogueghost

The fact that you were killed in one shot by a weapon that can not physically kill you in one shot, even with cheats, is implying that you had insane ping at the time of the incident.
  5. iller

^don't forget though .... other players can also spoof their own packets to compress 4 headshots to a single very slowly delivered packet because the tick rate of servers is notoriously bad and error-prone (or atleast it was before this patch... I don't know how it is now)

Point of clarification here.... I found IP range bans somewhat effective against botnets/etc when I served as a source admin... But SOE also bans Hardware-ID and not just Mac-address(in the nic slot). This came up in a topic this summer and a number of 3rdparty forum posts showed cheaters being unable to bypass certain ID bans despite using mac & ip spoofs.
  6. Crowne

97.3% of all statistics are completely made up.

Yes, there is hacking in PS2. The fact that someone may not have noticed it, or that someone may legitimately never have encountered it, does not at all negate the experience of anyone else.

There is no reason to believe anyone here knows what someone else experienced better than those who have actually had the experience.

Repeatedly telling someone who's been abducted by a UFO that UFOs don't exist does absolutely nothing at all to deal with whatever problems the person may be experiencing from their honest belief that they've been abducted by a UFO. Whether or not you, or I, believe them is completely irrelevant to their experience lest we make ourselves part of the problem.
    • Up x 2
  7. Frostiken

Battlefield 3 revealed the dangers of client-side hit detection, and one of them was the ability to instagib players with any weapon, even those that cannot kill in one hit. There is zero explanation whatsoever for what happened that doesn't involve cheating. Anything you can come up with is completely insane. And no, it wasn't lag. Nobody would attack a moving cloaked flash with their sidearm first, they would use their primary weapon. Even IF he magically fired at me with his primary (which he did not) and then switched to a sidearm for a magical instagib headshot, that would require me to be suffering about 3,000ms of lag. Which I wasn't, because there were friendlies around me, and I don't have a potato connection. I was driving across an open desert near IndarEx. No trees, no rocks, with stealth on.

And a guy, who would have to be standing in the open, kills me with at least a finishing shot from a pistol, even though I'd been driving for a good four-five seconds with stealth on at this point.

Uh huh. Cheating is actually the MOST logical explanation. Anything else you can come up with is either absurd (lag? What is this, 1997?) or I just happened to face a guy who was the best player in the entirety of FPS gaming, and he just happened to be a BR20-something with a stupid name.
    • Up x 1
  8. Warpdoo

The point is that you can get past them. Heres the thing, if theres something that can do it, theres always something that can undo it. Whether people like it or not, its true. Theres a program called peerblock and it doesn't necessarily mask anything, but what it does is sends you to different servers in random orders to make it hard to find your IP. Again, nothing is ever 100% full proof it will help or work for the person. Alot of people who torrent use that program and I was using that program as an example. Also you can change your MAC Address in your registry file if you look into it, its really not a full proof system either.
  9. Rogueghost

I did a quick google search to make sure I wouldn't make myself look like an idiot, and didn't find anything to suggest damage cheats. Granted it was very brief one so I could had easily missed something.

Until I see proof of such a cheat existing In Planetside 2, I'm going to assume you were just having serious connection issues.

If you do find proof, please send it in a pm or something, mods are touchy about such things, and while I don't believe cheating in this game is a major problem, posting such things is bound to give people ideas.
  10. iller

Oh ... believe me, I know how too. But for the layman, at this point, it could require re`insting a different cracked OS & seriealz regularly and maybe even flashing hardware, and I don't know how many times your average kiddy is going to go through all that ;)
  11. Warpdoo

You be surprised what people would do to get away with hacking and all this crap just to ruin the gameplay for others so they can have fun because they personally suck at the game. Cheaters don't want to learn the game if they can just hack it and play it there way. Im not trying to sit here and dis-prove you or anything. I'm just throwing this out there and hacker commonly use it to get away with things like torrenting stuff and it wouldnt surprise me if they used it for games. Well I'm going to go to bed buddy, you have yourself a good night.
    • Up x 1
  12. Scatterblak

I've had people hit me with a couple of headshots while cloaked and on a wraith, flying through the air at night. More than once.

But there are, apparently, no bots....
    • Up x 1
  13. Klypto

Nobody is saying they don'the exist.

But seriously, if I lived 200 years on this earth visiting many places never seeing a UFO in person but saw a video of an event involving one once, and crazy people keep coming up to me every other day pointing at planes, ballons and showing me pictures of satalites saying UFOs are rampant! They are everwhere! Don'the deny the truth! Because back in 1976 an actual UFO really did crash in Roswell or whatever, you bet I'm gonna be pissed. Seriously.
    • Up x 3
  14. KnightCole

Yeah, seems having high ping is more an advantage then a hinderance.........
    • Up x 1
  15. Halkesh

When I say "red handed", it's because it can be only due to a cheat.

When I see someone warping 50 meter away in a random direction 5 time a sec, it can't be lag, it's just a cheater.
    When I suspect someone to use an aimbot (after me and my mumble friend getting killed in some situation) and I look at his stats, he's BR 5 with 180 kills in 5 min => report.

The difference between cheater and unluck/luck/lag is just situational awareness.

I don't think in a situation like this, it's just luck.
    link 1
    Link 2 :eek:
    • Up x 1
  16. Alarox

You're trying to reason with someone who believes that.

You will make no progress.
  17. Astriania

Nobody's linked a video that isn't either at least a year old or Hej's parody. I'm sure there are some hackers out there (I've seen one or two obvious cases and a number of dubious incidents), but 'rampant'? No. And when you watch videos by good players you can see that some people do have unbelievable aim legitimately.

There does seem to be either a bug or a hack out since the last patch whereby you can get one-shotted by weapons that can't possibly do it, and not just the usual laggy packet collection. Last night the harasser I was gunner in got one-hit-killed by a carbine!
  18. Klypto

That is lag. We have a member in our outfit who has 25% packet loss. His voice in teamspeak occasionally craps out and all you can hear is like "TR- shoo- Th- -uy". And he sometimes warps around 5 times a second when it gets really bad and he tells us stuff like "our tank is flying through the air, now it's in the ground, now we're going off into the sunset...".

It's 100% lag, the same stuff when one of SOE's networking components was busted on the Waterson server and everyone was experiencing packet loss:

Just tell me all those people are hacking.

More videos from the 2012 edition of Planetside 2! Huzzah!
    • Up x 1
  19. Turiel =RL=

Sometimes you see artefacts of people standing around. If you shoot at them you can actually kill them. I bet they think it was some sort of hacking while in fact it was just the server not updating the position correctly.

Also clientside kills lead to extreme results. I killed a guy and about 2 seconds later he detonated a C4 killing me on his screen.

Still this doesn't explain how guys can just turn around and 1-shot-kill you after you engaged them from behind (with the initiative) or how snipers manage to rapidfire headshot 3 guys in 2 seconds.
  20. Klypto

I've had something similar. The way the game respawns you is it resurrects your body then moves you at near the speed of light back to the spawn tube almost instantly. This is also why sometimes when you respawn you get things like a double or triple loading screen because the client is loading in the assets of the area you are passing through, but then passes it by so quickly that it has to purge it again and reload the next area you are passing through. I believe they fixed this by stopping render from when you click until you actually respawn.

It's super extremely rare, but sometimes it's a bit slower on the moving your body phase, leaving you standing there for a second or two. I've shot a few people like this thinking they were rezed and just standing there only to have their body warp through the walls super fast back to the spawnroom.

And Guess What I Get.

"**** YOU HACKER KILLING ME IN THE SPAWNROOM"

It's happened about 2-3 times.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.