About the new MAX AV nerf...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by MaCritz, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Botji

If you want to be able to reliably kill infantry that should come from AI weapons, not AV weapons.

You should be able to kill infantry with AV weapons but they shouldnt be nearly as effective as they are now. I think the Vortex is a good example of where they should be, 3 second charge with 2 handed = no shield and perhaps a slight health damage.

It should take both "a lot of ammo" and time to kill infantry with the AV weapons, not 2 or 4 hits... Infantry shouldnt have to get something specific to counter MAXes with AV weapons, thats just insane. Its as if the PPA was about as good at killing tanks as it is against infantry and the proposed fix for it is to equip defense against AI weapons on the tanks :eek:
  2. toxs

Max AV weapons need the infantry damage nerf. Too many players only use fractures. I think SOE is determined to get rid of the "everyone uses this weapon while the other remained untouched" scenario. (rock paper scissors) vs (one size fits all)
  3. Liewec123

you're talking to a longtime NC max player who's poured 4k certs into max, our AI weapons are aweful,
    6 shot magazines with hilariously long reloads, fun fact it will take 4/5 body shots with a hacksaw to kill a default infantry
    (no nanoweave) at 10m if you have slugs so you don't miss with damage, thats nearly you're entire magazine.
    and without slugs good luck killing anything at 20m+,
    NC AI is s%%t, hence why more NC are choosing to just go double ravens, or even double bursters.

yet if i play heavy assault i can one shot infantry with dumbfire rockets, lock on to air, c4 tanks or pull out my LMG for long range fights.
  4. Pikachu

Lets add some guns that shoot corn flakes that transforms into lava when hit infantry and deals extra damage to infiltrators but LA are immune. Lets add a grenade filled with oak leaves which only deals damage to MAXes. Makes as much fun and sense.
    • Up x 2
  5. Lucidius134

>4k certs and no ext mags

What honestly really really bothers me about NC stuff in general and the scatmax and such in particular is how they're always just way more expensive to be functional.

Air Hammer, gotta put 350-ish certs into mag size for it to be not useless.
    Scatmax - Extended mags. W extended mags on the other maxes it just extends kill time versus being a sole component in killing a target. 100 for slugs (why 100 when other ai weapons don't even have the option)
    Gauss Saw: Adv Foregrip for 200 certs, 100 for compensator
  6. Botji

So now when I tried that in VR everything dies to 3 slugs up to 30m away and 2 slugs 10m away.

You can do a lot with infantry that you cant do with vehicles like ESFs for example, I have never seen ESFs shooting dumbfire rockets, locking on to air or C4 tanks at the same time. Most vehicles can choose to specialize or be a jack of all, its the same for MAXes only it seems pretty much everyone thinks you have to pick matching weapons for your arms.
  7. MaCritz

Okay, I really need to ask those who insists that the AV weapons be nerfed, WHY are you guys so against the idea of buffing the flak armor to handle such weapons?? Think about it, the new flak armor that handles ALL kinds of explosive damage, directly and indirectly..

Is nerfing the only thing you can think of??
  8. Liewec123

unless numbers have changed or unless you weren't using hacksaws and getting bodyshots then i don't know what you're doing different, because nothing has changed. it should still show 4 of the 6 shots to kill at 10m.

don't treat max as a vehicle.
    vehicles can't use jump pads and teleporters, you can exit vehicles to cap bases, vehicles can't use terminals to reconfigure weapons without the need for a remake, vehicles have access to things like radar and fire suppression, all ground vehicles use their own resource type, vehicles can't be revived, vehicles can roadkill.

you could argue that a heavy assault is even better now that you've mentioned vehicles because he can also use them too!

and yes you pretty much do have to pick the same use for each arms, one burster and one falcon would be hilariously bad, you wouldn't do much damage to either ESFs or tanks and you'd have a hard time killing infantry.
    heavy assault doesn't suffer from this, also the heavy can one shot the max, the max can't one shot the heavy.
  9. dragonwinds

Ravens are considered OP because people can't stand being killed by an NC max outside of 5 meters
    • Up x 1
  10. Liewec123

lol so true XD
    but on a serious note it is crazy being able to snipe infiltrators as a max, its the same with AV turret,
    i'd probably say that damage against infantry should be lowered after a certain distance, perhaps 150m since they aren't very effective up close anyway due to their slow travel time making them easily ADADed they dont need a close/mid nerf
  11. Noxrawr

Yea your shotties are so awful that they are by far the best AI weps in the game.
  12. Liewec123

have you tested?
    i have a 3000 cert TR max, a 700(ish) cert VS max and my main is a 4000 cert NC max,
    i play them all and NC is easily the worst (with my noobie ZoE being far superior and TR following close after)
    sure NC have higher burst, but not much.
    the TTK is so similar across all 3 factions at close range,
    0.14 seconds between Nebula/Onslaught/Hacksaw at 10m.
    is a 0.14 faster TTK worth the longest reloads and -300% sustained fire? in max v max situations the NC is the only one who needs to land every single shot precisely. PRECISELY with a shotgun.
    yes NC MAX used to be a CqC powerhouse, but was nerfed repeatedly into what we have today.
  13. Noxrawr

And they still annihilate all infantry including other maxes. A ZOE max is free certs at best for a shotgun max.
  14. Liewec123

you didn't read a thing i said, i told you i have experience playing all 3, i told you the pluses and minuses and you still say its some ultimate super weapon...
  15. Noxrawr

So have I, and the Nc max dominates in all areas where it actually matters.
  16. Liewec123

there is no situation were NC are better.
    you're lapping up a myth.
    4 nerfs and 7 months ago NC max was competitive, now it just flat out sucks compared with TR/VS.
  17. iMartyr

does this mean the heavy AV dumb fire rockets will be nerfed against infantry as well?
  18. Van Dax

seriously guys, you need to actually test these changes before coming to a conclusion.
    literally nobody has actually gone there and tested, guess it'll fall on me. will bring back results later today.
  19. -Synapse-

Fractures are a 4 shot kill.
    And are the reason for these BS nerfs.

SOE LOGIC
  20. HooWoo

Yes.