About the new MAX AV nerf...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by MaCritz, Sep 7, 2013.

1. MaCritz

Now, it would be wise for you to read this out before branding me as a whining kid. As we all know, the Max AVs will be nerfed against the infantry. And as we all know, the flak armor will be buffed to handle direct hits. I think the flak armor should include AV max weapons while the AV max weapons will be unaffected against infantry. Killing an infantry with the AV max is a legtimate thing. People are complaining about it mainly because of the Comet/ZOE combo IMHO. I don't think players are a fan of the M3 pounder or the Raven.

Speaking of which, I think the M3 pounder and the Raven should be fixed instead of being nerfed into near uselessness (at least against infantries). Players who hates the OPness of the AV weapons can always max out the new Flak Armor which handles direct hits and splash damage.. Sounds fair right??

The Max is already a very expensive toy to pull. If you keep nerfing this class, then there's no reason to pull out a Max suit for 350 resources! In all cases, Maxes should be a class above every other infantry classes and should be OP to a certain extent.. Maxes are already having to deal with players who are already smart enough to kill them in less than a few seconds.

You can definitely buff the Flak armor to handle AV max weapons but please leave the AV max weapons alone.
    • Up x 4
  2. ItsJustDash

In don't understand why the Raven is being touched. It already fires slow and if you get killed it already took several shots to nail a moving infantry at range. If you were one shot with the Ravens are range then you were just standing there doing nothing. Prime meat for you know snipers and ****.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ravenorth

I agree, there´s no point pulling out AV MAX if single infantry guys can pose a big threat to you, because your weapons are just ineffective against them. MAX AV weapons should not be a viable option against infantry, but enough viable to eliminate single targets that try to lone wolf you.
  4. Pikachu

Apparently the majority of forumside wants infantry to have magic blessings that allows them to take less damage from certain big weapons. Bleh. The only issue is ZOE comet. Adjust it so it takes 3 shots to kill infantry with or without ZOE. Fracture doesn't do much more than giving the MAX a limited capability to combat infantry outdoors, while an uncerted carbine would do a much better job. The earthquake effect is the only thing that definitely needs change (removal).
    • Up x 8
  5. Van Dax

av weapons are for fighting vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  6. Pikachu

AV weapon = weapon big enough to hurt hard targets but too slow/inaccurate/expensive to be useful against small targets like infantry most of the time compared to AI weapon. Like a tank HEAT or AV shell or rocket launcher.

AV weapon =/= can't hurt small targets because of magic.
    • Up x 18
  7. DeadliestMoon

I think you know what he means.
  8. Lyel

The main problem is how vulnerable this makes MAX's against infantry. I mean, for gods sakes, just because screw driver isn't used for hammering doesn't mean it should have no momentum!

I really don't agree with this. I've never seen an issue of AV weapons being to powerful against infantry, because it is after all a MAX UNIT... you can already eat 3 direct fracture hits...
    • Up x 3
  9. MaCritz

Pikachu, I do understand your frustrations with the Comet/ZOE combo being almost god like. But seriously, three shots to kill is real kick in the teeth, considering that a few HA's with rockets and not to mention the ever-present LA's with their trusty C4 would instantly kill us. You guys are already frustrated with your own Ravens and Falcons being nerfed to 3 shots kill or maybe more..

And people think it's so easy to use AV weapons against infantries. Players are frustrated because they stupidly expose themselves or even run towards a ZOE max and expect to do some serious damage. Why should it be nerfed to accommodate such players?? One man's stupidity shouldn't be another man's weakness.

I'd say, time to give non-Comet weapons some love and buff them to similar strengths (excluding Vortex).. And everyone would be somewhat satisfied. Additonally, I wouldn't mine increasing the Comet's time to reload decreasing their ammo pool but don't take our only means of defense against infantries that possess firepower that don't require resources (I'm referring to rockets).. (Edit: I'm referring to situations where we are in the open field fighting vehicles)

(After all, once the new Flak armor is introduced (with MAX AV resistance), wouldn't it solve the problem relating to ZOE/Comet combo?? Why foucs so much on nerfs nerfs nerfs?? Nerfs are already making this game boring as hell.. )
    • Up x 2
  10. MaCritz

Thinking about the new Flak armor (if it were to counter AV max weapons).. It would really undermine the role of the Nano armor since the Flak armor alone can handle so many explosives.

I'd say, create two versions of Flak Armors where one is to counter direct damage and the other to counter splash damage.. Then the Nano Armor would be an all rounder kind of thing.. Get it??
  11. DeadliestMoon

No. Two flak armors? Come on.
    • Up x 3
  12. MaCritz

The new Flak Armor (with/without the AV max resistance) would be resistant to :
    -Splash damage
    -Direct impact from all explosives

vs

Nano Armor
    -Just an increase in HP to handle general damages

It might be a tad unbalance but this is getting off topic so back to the thread itself.. (my bad)
  13. Torok

not all explosives.

AV turrets / Tank shells would still apply full damage aswell, so prowlers will still one hit no matter what
  14. Pikachu

When I say 3 shots I mean 3 projectiles, not 3 clicks with both arms on a dual weilding MAX. But if you really mean that a double click should be enough to kill... come on you get 2 shots in your magazine. With falcons you get one chance. If you miss you have a 2.1 seconds reload time. With comet you get 2 chances and shorter reload time. It's like prowler vs vanguard when it comes to infantry shooting.

I think old comets damage/ROF should be the peak in AV weapon capability against infantry. In case you don't know they shot faster than falcon. Their damage was 550 and I think they had a reload speed of 1.7 and a firing speed of 0.2. While falcon had firing time of 0.2 and reload speed of 2.4. If you really think comets should kill with 2 shots then you got to say falcons should kill with one. Not even I would like that to be the case, unless it's after a certain range like in VR pre-GU7 and possibly in real game.
  15. UnDeaD_CyBorG

So far, Comets can onehit Infantry at a certain distance, their suit slot notwithstanding.
    So far the projected nerf looks to me like it'll weaken the comet, but still allow it to oneshot (2 shot actually, yeah) Infantry with mexed ZOE.
    But I refuse to use that.
  16. MrK

Like with AV rockets on HA, the instant infantry kill of AV weaponry in PS2 is stupid.

You take a AV gear to deal with armor target. That's the goal of the AV gear. You make a conscious decision to take this gear. If you'd want to deal with infantry, guess what? You'd take THE AI MAX!

But theses days, players can't anymore deal with the consequences of their choices and need things handled to them. They can't deal with having to go with AI support in case of dual AV MAX, or change weapon in case of HA, and instead need an escape card ready at the mouse button.

If AV MAXes were more efficient at AV duty (mainly, anti-MAX duty), and less on duty which is not their, you'd see more variety of MAXes indoor (and outdoor for that matter, bar NC ones), because they would be complementary instead of being used for both jobs in each environment.
    Again, SOE don't do this cause players would cry of it being too damn difficult to handle....

So if I'm reading correctly, the corrective is a half-done one?
  17. MaCritz

Okay, I must have misunderstood your '3 shots to kill'.. I was about to ask you what you meant by '3 shots'... Thank you for clarifying.. Again, the comet's reload time can be increased to reduce successive shots in a short period of time.. I'm fine with that..
  18. MaCritz

I'm sorry but I'm finding it difficult to understand how an armor melting weapon would be more forgiving against a soft target.. If you are lucky enough to meet any of the AV max weapons' rounds in the face, you probably deserve some serious damage... As Pikachu said earlier, soft targets can't just take more damage from armor melting rounds because of magic...

And I said from the very beginning, this AV max nerf idea stems from the ZOE/Comet combo (come on, it is a known fact).. If you remove Comets from the game, this great nerf idea wouldn't even exist.. Because, I know for a fact, that M3 pounders and Falcons are just too unreliable against soft targets..

Okay, it is meant for AV duties.. I'm sure at some point during the game, AV maxes will be running for miles to change class simply because there are no terminals to do so while Sundies can be lost at any moment (this is true for the assaulting team).. There will be a time when you are FORCED to face infantries and when you do, you are left with no choice but to fight HAs with Decis and LAs with C4.. But how long do you expect to live??

I don't really see Maxes from all factions going on a insane killstreak with AV weapons... How is it too OP? Is it impossible to counter such Maxes?

All I'm proposing is to buff non-Comet weapons while nerfing Comets a notch cause there is obviously imbalance.. Nerfing things won't solve the problem.. Logically, Flak Armor should be able to handle AV Max weapons as well and this is also a legitimate choice for players to choose. Don't agree with me? Why? Because it's too damn difficult for you to handle??
  19. Liewec123

i've nearly abandoned my max already, they're determined to bury the class...
    i'm probably not gonna even check what else they can think of to screw over max users.
    personally i'd like my 4000 certs back.
    • Up x 4
  20. Redzy

Only problem I see with AV weapons is that the Fracture has too big of a clip and too high of a velocity to have such a high damage against infantry. The Comet is more damaging as far as I know, but you have 2 shots per clip before reloading and an overall slower projectile velocity.

I find it easy to spam/snipe infantry with my Fractures at range, but with Comets, I find it satisfying more than anything else, in that it's still somewhat of a challenge. Sure, you could argue that the lower (1/8 as much!!!) cost of the dual Comet setup has an impact in this, but it's also true that price should not affect relative quality and every weapon should be a side-grade (i.e. filling a different role but being as effective in that role as any other weapon is in their respective roles).

It's the case where the Pounder either needs an overhaul or a strong buff in more than one aspect. In its current state, the weapon is just BAD. No redeeming qualities to it. Not even the lower price justifies such a horrible weapon that can barely tickle vehicles and infantry units alike.

The Pounder could be a weapon with a higher focus on being an AV weapon that CAN damage infantry better than a post-nerf Fracture (the king of vehicle sniping), but is still far better suited for closeby vehicles. It could function sort of like a Fury/Marauder with 5 bullets with higher projectile drop and slower velocity than the Fracture, but with some more splash radius.