10/3/14- 10/4/14 R6030 error message

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR AlexS, Oct 4, 2014.

1. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Hey guys! We understand there is a runtime Error R6030, but we want to know which files are being affected. In most cases, these have to do with corrupted exe files. We are going to need you guys to take a screenshot of the full error message. The screenshot will provide a little more insight and help us determine the next best step. We appreciate your patience and I will be working all weekend so please feel free to pm me.

For now, here are my suggestions:
    1. Run the game as administrator if you haven't already
    2. Follow the instructions below:

Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate, make backups of, and delete the following files:

PlanetSide2.exe
    UserOptions.ini
    SoundSettings.xml
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.

(note, your antivirus/firewall program may be cause issues so, for testing purposes, I would disable the program and allow it to validate fully). If re-validating the program fixes it, then you might want to try re-configuring your antivirus/firewall properly.

I will still need those screenshots so please post them here on this thread.
  2. FBVanu

Alex, I receive no error messages at all.
    Login, hit play, then black screen for a second or two, then I am back at the login screen, and the Play button is lighted up
    hit the play button one more time,
    crash to desktop

i5-4590
    8 Gigs ram
    Win 64

worked fine yesterday throughout all the hotfixes.. played for hours,

will try the -revalidating.. but nothing changed on my side, no firewall or antivirus updates etc.. exact same settings from last night
    wouldn't that mean that something must have changed on your side?
  3. MacavitySWE

I have the same error, trying the deleting/ revalidation with closed firewall now as well.
    It all started to do this after I woke up this morning, worked totally fine yesterday.
  4. MacavitySWE

Nope, didn't work at all, still crashed to desktop after doing all weird stuff with the screen resolution (like changing to 4:3 and lower res and stuff)
  5. FBVanu

I just did the delete thing, then validate.. and .. UH OH.. Windows blue screen of death..

had to restart my pc. reg clean etc.. then the down loading of the deleted files..

and, yup, I was in game.. BUT..

with the exact same settings I had yesterday.. now I can't see anything on Esamir..

Its a total foggy white .. I can't see 400 meters.. (render setting at 1700)..
    I can't see the sky
    no clouds, really bad look.. trying to be a Vanu Skyguard without being able to see for 400m
    or being able to see the sky is kind of bad..

SOE, Alex.. did you change anything on graphic setting again?? Why does this all change so
    often??
  6. TSR AlexS Customer Service

It sounds like you're having an entirely different issue. Please create a support ticket and include your Dxdiag/Msinfo. We'll look into this more.
  7. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Are you able to get a screenshot of the error itself? That is what we are looking for.
  8. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Does it come up with the same error? Please take a full screenshot of it so I can look into this further
  9. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Bsod's usually are due to broken hardware or if a windows problem occurs when Planetside 2 is running. What does it say under "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer" ?

It should show a file
  10. Emorphis

I'm not sure if the problem I am having is related, but I can start loading up the game fine, but then it gets stuck on 94% for like 5 minutes. When I finally get to the character selection screen, it freezes up and then crashes with no error message.
  11. MacavitySWE

Sadly no error message is displayed, I did get a "error 99" earlier today, but with the recent tries it doesn't even display an error, it just funks up the graphics when I hit play and then crashes to desktop. It only started doing this this morning also, worked normally yesterday and before that.
  12. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Nope, doesn't appear to be a related issue. Here is a knowledge base with suggestions to help your freezing issues though:

Answer Title: Suggestions to Resolve Crashing and Freezing
    Answer Link: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16158
  13. TSR AlexS Customer Service

This error typically comes up when the servers are down. Since they're currently up, I recommend doing a DNS flush.

To do a DNS Flush, Please follow these steps.

1. Click the Start button in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.

2. On the Start Menu, click within the search box and in the field type "run" without the quotations (or for previous versions of Windows click the "Run" option).

3. In the box which pops up type in "cmd" without the quotation marks.

4. A command prompt will now appear. In this window type in "ipconfig /flushdns" with no quotes. Once it says successful, reboot your machine and try accessing the game once again.

If the issue persists try resetting the system's Winsock settings. To do this, re-open the command prompt windows using steps 1 - 3 listed above and type in the command "netsh winsock reset" with no quotes. Once it says successful, reboot your machine and try accessing the game once again.
  14. hitchside2

Can i please get a legit answer on this memory leak issue? Everyone that had the issue is still having it after TWO hotfixes and it seems like the dev's are not telling us a thing about it. The community wants this issue fixed and is crying out for help which they don't seem to be receiving. Its truly frustrating to see a major issue like this go seemingly unnoticed ! A response or a message back from an official on the issue would be great because there is so much information and variables being put up here on the forums by people having the problem, and nobody is responding.
  15. Elrobochanco

This is what I get: [IMG]

Unsure if it's related but on the 26th of september my game had trouble patching, this is what was in the download error log. Rebooting fixed it, but unsure if this was the start of something.

Testing deleting/validating those files now.

edit: deleting/validating changed nothing. But if I launch launchpad directly from my PS2 folder rather than my regular steam shortcut it goes fine.
  16. GoodShotGestapo

[IMG]
    http://imgur.com/y8BR3TM

Like the other person's picture, this is all I've got. So here's my story:
    First, my specs:
    i7-4790k
    MSI R9 280
    8GB RAM
    Windows 7
    Now I'm pretty new to the game, but before the update the game ran fine on ultra everything, and I never had any issues with lag or a decrease in frame-rates. Now when I first got the update I ran into this error, and believing it to be my 2nd monitor I disconnected it, and it ran. However, like a ton of others, the game is extremely laggy, slow in the menus, and pretty much unplayable at 5FPS in battles, yet 60FPS at warpgates. I tried every graphics level, and the frames stayed pretty much constant. Also slowly more and more the game ran into this error when i started it up, even with my 2nd monitor still detached. Finally today I couldn't open it at all. I reinstalled Visual C++ and that didn't fix it, and I validated the files. Then I found this article and decided to delete the files systematically, that way we could isolate which one was causing the issue (at least for me). So I started with the Planetside2.exe one, and low and behold that fixed it. However I'm still having issues playing because my lag/ low frame-rates make the game unplayable during fights. It looks nice at the warpgate though ;). Anyways this is all I've got to far. One theory I thought was maybe its an AMD graphics card issue, since all my friends who have Nvidia cards haven't had an issue. I can also try deleting all of the files if you think that will help. Thank you for your time!
  17. CFFluffyBunny

following on from trying everything suggested i then uninstalled then deleted the whole planetside2 directory and reinstalled everything from the official download - still fails with the 6030 error :(
  18. MacavitySWE

This whole thing started 1-2 days ago, so either something was patched from SOE then, or maybe windows did a bad update which borked a lot of of people's games.
  19. CFFluffyBunny

I don't think it was a windows update as i do mine manually and hadn't done one
  20. Sairus

Sorry my english first.

The problem is in my case. Virtualization in bios mother asus crosshire v formula z. and Software EVGA precision or Riva Tunner.

I disable virtualization.
    EVGA presision must run after, start planetside.

Then start planetside2, play, after that start EVGA or Riva tuner

That works for me.

Sorry my Tarzan English