Upcoming LA Revamp Discussion

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by DJPenguin, Apr 16, 2014.

1. UberBonisseur

No matter how you look at it, that seems incredibly unnecessary.

And absurd.
    By that logic, why not let me use akimbo on my Medic ? All you have to do is take away the Healing tool and Ability.
    • Up x 2
  2. Copasetic

Without a jetpack what's the point? You might as well just fit a shotgun with extended mag and keep your jetpack, your hit and run potential will probably be even better that way.

Maybe I just don't have enough imagination but I really can't see any way to make dual weapons work without making it totally OP or flat out inferior to some other setup.
  3. Bankrotas

Actually it sounds so general, that any class could use it. It's maxification of infantry :/
  4. Nitrobudyn

It's a misunderstanding - those limitations would be harsh enough to leave jetpacks where they are. The ability and the tool are the things that define classes the most. I like classes and i don't want their traits to be taken away.

I should have writen "fly away and hide"...
  5. Tuco

How about taking C4 away from the LA. That would be a good start.
  6. SuperMedicated

SOE just no I'm begging you don't screw the game more.
  7. Bankrotas

I fail to see a point.
    • Up x 5
  8. Copasetic

Ah alright. That might work, but it's going to be real tricky making it a competent alternative to a shotgun while keeping it from being OP. Especially with the Hailstorm, that's 120 rounds between both weapons. Combine that with a (hopefully fixed) flash grenade and it could clear a squad by itself.
  9. NDroid

This is a terrible idea to be honest. It's basically the option to trade away the main reason to play the class for an amount of firepower that would be a nightmare to balance and would feel OP on the receiving end in any case.

What the LA class needs are more tools or abilities. How about the ability to cling to walls, either as a suit slot or a tool? Maybe a deployable Radar Jammer? There are a lot of suggestions on the forums for things that are much more interesting and useful than dual wielding.
    • Up x 3
  10. Caserion

Dual wielding AKA dealing as much damage as a max, but without the resource cost and survivability.

Damnit Higby, the LA needed something to function better in a team, such as climbing ropes. Higby please.:(
  11. foesjoe

I think they should give LAs a rocket punch.
    • Up x 3
  12. Bankrotas

Supercharged headbut is better.
    • Up x 3
  13. p10k56

Some kind of free magnetic mine would be nice.
    2 to carry punch like Decimator, no explosion only some effect of cumulative charge, attachable to vehicles or Maxes from knifing range.
    Also bonus damage for placing on rear, top, side armor of tank.
    No dropping down just attachable using small timer like hacking.
    Great for people not spending inf.res. on C4 saving it for MAX spam:p
  14. Goden

They need to give classes more unique tools and gear to help them fulfill their roles better instead of giving them more guns. Newsflash - the classes already have enough guns. So many that most are grossly underused. We don't need more.
  15. z1967

*Sigh*
    it would make more sense for HA to dual wield weapons.

Now with that out of the way, let me toss out my ridiculously long LA revamp brainstorm. (long post ahead :p)

LA revamp ideas(Intends on LA purpose being master of scouting/flanking)

New jetpacks

Icarus Jump jets- Massive upwards acceleration but very limited horizontal control/movement. Short timer and long CD. I am thinking 15m per level. Makes the thrust faster but not the timer longer (could be tweaked if that is not possible)

Double jump packs- normal jump is increased to 5m instead of 2m. Each level reduces CD and adds .5m per jump.

Blitz boost packs- not a jetpack, but will shoot you forward at near instantaneous speeds. Used to bypass tough defenses and smack them with CQC weapons. Two uses total (before cooling down) and certing reduces CD

New suit slots

Adrenaline pump- okay, not new but revamped to give a 20% sprint speed boost and a 10% movement speed boost. possibly becomes a passive cert

Large holster- Adds the ability to carry a second primary instead of a pistol. Trade off is that you can't use so many other useful things like flak, ammo, ASC etc.

New utilities

Satchel Charge- Available to LA, Infiltrator, and Engineer; this pack of boom becomes more damaging the longer the timer is. It makes a beeping sound based on how much time is left until it detonates. 45 secs is barely detectable. Whilst 5 secs is easy to hear unless you are deaf. Engineers can disarm it with the engineer tool and infiltrators can disarm it by hacking it. Everyone else can shoot it (guaranteed bad idea) or try to cut the right wire (which will be hilarious and a 25%-12.5% chance of getting it right). Infiltrators/LA can carry 2, engi’s can carry 4. 45 seconds will gib any vehicle in the game, 5 secs is about one C4 in terms of damage.

Stim Pack- temporary boost of speed that makes you jump 200% higher, run 30% faster (sprint is also affected by the 30%) and reload/switch weapons x% faster.

New Weapons (These are REALLY rough ideas and stats, take them with a grain of salt)

Compact weapons class- LA exclusive

-5 new weapons added, three automatics, a shotgun, and a lever action rifle
    -traits of all weapons: .75 ads, can ADS whilst airborne, has decent hipfire (varies per weapon) and has fast reloads

Automatics
    -a 35 round, 800 ROF, 143 dmg, high recoil, CQC weapon
    -a 30 round, 700 ROF, 143 dmg, medium recoil, multi-range weapon (would be the default)
    -a 25 round, 600 ROF, 167 dmg, low recoil, LR weapon
    -would all have fairly fast reloads with the CQC weapon having the shortest and the LR having the longest reloads.

Shotgun
    -Tacticool shotgun with lots of fun options available to it. In reality, it is just a pump action shotgun with some fancy stuff on it. Shot pattern narrower, supressor etc.

Rifle
    -OHK abilities kept up until 150m. After that it requires two shots to kill. Requires epic lever action reload animation and 1x-6x scopes including IR/NV. Basically a short(er) range bolt action for LA. 8 round clips (11 with ext mags) and access to way more attachments than you will need. Rechambers a bit faster than a PA shotgun, reloads faster than a PA but slower than a clipped weapon.

Other junk:
    -Carbines get cert refunds and Engineers are the only ones with access to them now. (maybe only a maybe on the refund)
    -Infiltrators get a less powerful version of Adrenaline pump for balance and stuff
    -Of course, we can always give them ARs ;)

So yeah, these are my ideas. Not terribly good ones but I took my time to come up with stuff. Just having some of these in the update would be nice. (Also, anyone know what the default font is for these forums? Its not TNR and I can't really tell what else it could be. Would like to know so I can make nicer looking posts. Same with font color cause it isn't white)
    • Up x 3
  16. Decian

Please god no Higby. I know you guys really think it will be fun but, WE DONT WANT IT.
    • Up x 3
  17. OldMaster80

The keyword of this class is MOBILITY which is also e where LA is lacking at the moment.

This class doesn't need any fancy tool nor more firepower: it needs to move faster and being able to fight during flight.
    • Up x 3
  18. BOOKEN

Tool Slot:

A deployable jump pad that your entire faction can use. Like the ones at tech plants and bio labs.

Direction of jump depends on center and direction of placement. Also it will have the same radius as a deployed sundy to prevent spamming.

An organized squad could place a string of these when a sundy isn't around as a form of faster travel to the enemy base, or for faster defense if you have to fall back and protect your base.
  19. Aegie

More accurate firing while airborne is the first thing they should do- make the modifier recoil based rather than COF based so that skill is a factor and it is still more difficult, but nowhere near impossible, to fire while airborne. Relative motion means that even if shooting while airborne was identical to shooting while not airborne it is just as easy to shoot someone who is airborne as it is to shoot someone while you are airborne.

Mid-air LA duels could be awesome and there was a time when it was. JJs should also last longer. LA should be one of, if not the, most played classes in the game because it is fun and jetpacks are far less chessy and gimmicky than heal/HP/invisibility abilities. Your ability as a LA is dictated entirely by basic FPS skills like movement, accuracy, and positioning rather than the direct strength of the ability itself.

Then give LA some proper tools, as in more than one. Every other class has a variety of tools to choose from, many being both very powerful and very lucrative.
    • Up x 1
  20. Goretzu

That's interesting because at the moment LA has the problem of being quite samey, yet at the exactly the same time is the most powerful and/or versitile class around in specific situations.

Which is why I think they've struggled to do much with them.

I could maybe see dual pistols with a jetpack, but I struggle to see dual SMGs with a jetpack being anything but a disaster, but dual SMGs without a Jetpack? Maybe.... maybe.

(although they'd be murderous in CQB, with effective PA TTK I'd guess).