Upcoming LA Revamp Discussion

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by DJPenguin, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Maljas23

We complain about balance problems now... if that hits Live.. Forumside will be a Higby storm.
    • Up x 4
  2. Posse

Actually, automatic shotguns have 3250 DPS
    • Up x 3
  3. Copasetic

I don't see this going well. Even if the jetpack gets removed entirely when dual wielding I'd still have the firepower of 2 people when using dual SMGs with (in some cases) 120 rounds of ammo between them. By the time this is balanced you'll have nerfed so much that it won't be worth the penalty to the jetpack which is the lifeblood of this class.

The LA doesn't need gimmicks like this. If you can't think of something good to give it then improve what it already has:
    • Fix the flash grenade because it's useless. Like, objectively useless. I encourage you to take 10 minutes out of your day: throw some into a corner somewhere and let them hit you at various distances. Then do the same with concussion and emp grenades.
    • Improve the C4 animation. Make it easier to know when each stick has been deployed and when I can push the button. Keep the same delay but change the animations so they don't feel so clumsy.
    • Revamp the Adrenaline Pump to give a short boost instead of a constant effect, similar to the MAX charge ability but less powerful. It could either slowly recharge or be a one time use ability that needs to be recharged from an ammo pack or terminal.
    • Some kind of sensor shield is desperately needed. I know this is going to be covered by implants, but you may want to consider making it a suit or utility option for LA and infiltrators given their reliance on stealth and the sheer number of active radar sources out there these days.
    Besides that it would be real nice to have a new jetpack to play with. Give the Icarus another shot, maybe the hit detection has improved enough since launch for it to work out. If not, how about a weaker version of it: add a jetpack with slightly less total fuel but a small reserve tank that gives it a short but powerful boost of thrust when you hit the ability key (F). Again it should have either a long recharge or be a one off boost, sort of like a single get-out-of-jail-free card that needs to be recharged at a terminal after use.

To the rest of you, the time to speak up is now, before this hits PTS. Once it hits the test server they'll have invested a fair bit of programming and design time into it and we'll probably be stuck with it in one form or another. So whatever your opinion is, for or against, now's the time.
    • Up x 5
  4. FFWoodycooks

ugh, i really hope they drop the akimbo weapons thing. the last thing we need is another addition to the near-instant TTK arsenal of this game. if we want to kill people instantly we have pump action shotguns. or normal shotguns. or, hell, normal SMGs even. this is seriously a really lazy idea.

what we need are a few more varieties of jumpjets. bringing icarus jets back would be great. i'd like some sort of boost jet that would propel you fast in whatever direction you're looking, but when the momentum runs out you're unable to hit the jet again until making contact with some kind of surface. basically you'd use it to quickly traverse distances or reposition yourself by consecutively bouncing off of walls. sort of like a man-portable jump pad. la's should be the kings of maneuverability and positioning - why they would ever consider an update to the class that actually REMOVES that functionality is straight up beyond me.
  5. OldMaster80

I think dual wield is a stupid idea: pistols already have a very high damage output. Can you imagine someone using 2 commissioners?
    The idea of double smgs is totally insane.

This interview proves devs have no idea about what the community wants and what this class needs. Trading jetpack for more op weapons?! Come on!!
  6. Fang7.62

Higby just went full ******.
    • Up x 6
  7. ackerx

Duel-Wield SMG without Jump Jet?Sorry no. no and no. IF I WANT TO USE SMG. WHY NOT JUST PICK INFILTRATOR. It's more deadly than a LA that can't fly. But Duel-Wield Pistol should be good with Jump Jet IMO. Just make recoil heavily when you are on DW mode.
  8. OldMaster80

This class needs reduced accuracy penalty when jetpacking improved adrenaline pump better grenades and a new kind of jetpack. It's already impossible yo bslsnce 1 smg 2 is just stupid.
    • Up x 3
  9. DevDevBooday

Shotguns are a different category, esoecially since they have massive damage drop off. otherwise pump actions would still be best since they OHK

Plus auto shotties have small clips and ridonkulous CoF. Atm semi auto shotties are a bigger fear.

But how yould you feel if your MAX died in mere seconds due to a LA walking up behind you and unleashing a storm into your back.

Imagine biolab fights and tower defenses.

Every man running around with the damage output of 2 people.

imagine Vanu running around with dual Sirius'
    • Up x 1
  10. Catch23

LAs won't get much more firepower overall. the Devs are actually doing a good job with not overpowering damage output per infantry class - apart from AI max units of course, but thats a different discussion,

the LAs main problem is that with all the bullets flying around, especially in massive battles, it's more than often nearly impossible to fulfil the classes intended role as seen in the famous (and great) trailer.
    LAs are supposed to be first wave. By the time you have actually managed get to the hot spot you will need to heal up. As there will be no medics around LAs need med packs which means they have to sacrifice their only "tool", C4.

So you can either go suicidal which isn't fun for many players (because anyone can do this with any class) or limit yourself to infantry killing.

some suggestions:

1. a flat 1 k certification to divide up the utility slot into 1 medpack + 1 C4
    2. give LAs the ability to hack at half the speed infltrators can
    3. give LAs the ability to disable aircraft within the radius of 5m by jamming their systems for a couple of seconds. if in midair, they would actually fall down from the sky and crash
    4. bring back benefits of laser sight attachements while airborne
    5. a useful grenade. smoke and flashbags are terrible
  11. vincent-

I would give up my jet pack for more firepower. This is not even a joke I would honestly start playing LA to be able to duel weld pistols.
  12. Llaf

Even without jumpjets, dual wielding the Armistice or Cyclone has the potential to be extremely overpowered, I would go so far as to say it would rival that of the original ZoE. While it is a neat sounding gimmick, I just don't see how it could be both balanced and fun at the same time. You simply cannot have Light Assault without jump jets, and you also cannot give them this kind of firepower without breaking the game like ZoE maxes and the first iterations of pump shotguns did.
    • Up x 2
  13. ackerx

1. Make C4 the only tool that LA can use. Take it out from Eng.
    2. Then why should I play LA instead of infiltrator?
    3. This sounds more like Eng job.
    4. This could be good.
    5. Or FIX UBGL. Problem fix.
  14. faykid

I think the tradeoff should be the utility slot. No C4 or medkit if you go MAX mode. That would make sense.
    • Up x 1
  15. Nitrobudyn

IMO, the penalty for double wielding weapons should be:
    -Decreased accuracy - COF of weapon1 + COF of weapon2
    -Increased Bloom per Shot - each weapon should have this stat doubled or at least multiplied by 1.5, because You're unable to compensate with the other hand. What is more, COF should be increased with the value of a weapon You are shooting with at the time.
    -Reload Speed - might be restricted to reloading one weapon at once - it's not a MAX, so there's no auto-reload mechanism.

This way the most effective tactic would be hit 'n' run - go at point-blank range, attack, run and hide to reload safely.
  16. Catch23

I think were talking about giving LAs more options instead of them having more AI stopping power, so hacking turrets would be welcome as another option, with the trade-off being slower at it than infiltrators. Especially at amp stations, LAs are vulnerable to aircraft. Imo LAs should be better counter to aircraft.

engie job jamming aircraft mid-air? how is is supposed to get up to that low hovering esf/ lib?

UBGL can't be a LAs grenade fix, besides usable by engies too.
  17. Kunavi

I think the Jet Packs(Both types) should in fact be improved a lot more.

Specifically Drifters ;
    - Turbo Cert Line
    - Slightly angled upwards so we don't scrape the floor at low speed after 1" of usage, even if only for the first few moments. Or much higher initial jump. And no, crouching while using the Drifters is a chore and still won't work well enough.
    - A function similar to MAXs' Charge(Perhaps the Jump Jet version would launch you up or down if you want a quick landing, think "Space Marine", that 3rd Person FPS/Melee Hack and Slash).

Both could use a completely different model of flight, similar to the Liberator or Galaxy in that you activate your Jets and until the fuels are gone you're hovering, from there you can have the same control system : Roll, accelerate, altitude control and so on.

This would tie in very well with sacrificing again either C4 slot or Nano slot for Extended Fuel Tanks.

If instead of focusing on such ideas(Honestly I've heard more and better all over the place but have mine anyway) they go for Dual Wield, if they give it to the LA in exchange for their Jets too, letting them keep C4... No, even the first 1/3 is way too much... I don't know, I guess I'll accept the fact that they are morons and that that won't change until PS2 is lying next to the Titanic.
  18. ackerx

LA don't need anything be like infiltrators. What make LA bad is their speed(Spirit and Jump Jet).
    LA is all about mobility but when they take off Icarus Jump Jet it become too slow on flying and Adrenaline Pump is crap.

They don't need to fly to jamming...Just give them a Jam Radar

It have to be. image when you need to capture a room but there have 3+ enemy hold it at corner. Your only chance is UBGL or grenade. But UBGL was nerfed into hell so grenade become the only solution or you just simply walk away and say goodbye.
    Also we were talking about take off UBGL supply from engies ammo chest on another thread. I believe without supply and damage buff it should be good to go.
  19. Catch23

maybe thats because it's your favorite weapon. UBGL was lame as hell. good nerf.

we don't need more spam in PS2 but usable grenades across all classes
  20. Bankrotas

No, just common sense.
    • Up x 2