Scheduled Maintenance March 13th 6 AM

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Ketadine

Nice ... another indirect nerf to the MBT.
    • Up x 5
  2. ZenzotuskeN

Great Changes!, Except For One Thing:

So the Liberator the Aircraft that is already the most pain in the rear end to take down especially when it has a good full crew (which will in no-doubt in my mind increase with the exp changes in this patch), since it can cause great damage when you attack them head on, underneath or behind, Now get's a Coyote-Like Weapon Equipped to their Rear End, this is madness!, these sort of weapons have already semi-ruined the air game-play in terms of ESF Dogfights and a better idea would be to Remove Coyotes/Hyena's from the game completely and issue a SC/CERT Refund to all the players that have already invested in these weapons.
    • Up x 3
  3. wickedhell3

new idea:

if you want to keep the lib as it is be my guest to do so, but.......

GIVE US G2A MISSLE LAUNCHERS BATTERIES ON LIGHTNINGS!
    • Up x 10
  4. Talthos

Sooo, attacking the Liberator from ABOVE is somehow impossible? Not difficult to ambush from above (and I main as a Scythe pilot, btw).

And why are you simply camping a single spot as an Infiltrator without switching hiding places? Take your shot, then change your spot. Just standing around is BEGGING to killed.
  5. ZenzotuskeN

Yeah may as well if these sort of weapons are being released to Air Units may as-well have some sort of variant of them on the Ground Units: MBT,Lightning,Haraser,Sunderer and some sort of Base Turret with a G2A Missile Launcher Battery
    • Up x 3
  6. kadney

• Up x 1
  7. wickedhell3

who says i am not moving?(im never sitting still with a sniper) the death screen just gives up the entire idea of persons searching for a sniper(They know the shots general direction) that is on some ridge running around. but now its just: "hey im dead let me look on the map where the killer was and keep waiting for him to pop his head out in that area"
    • Up x 3
  8. Talthos

And again, why does it have to be JUST a ridge? Not all environments are ideal for sniping. And think about the other bit they tweaked; the decreased head hitbox. Unless you're attempting mid-range to close-range urban sniping, unless they happen to also be good at Infiltrator, they're likely going to have a ***** trying to kill you from almost out of render distance (seriously, even with the Parallax, leading at that distance is a PITA).
  9. ZenzotuskeN

You Could Imitate a Ambush from above if they are unaware of Ur presence and are attacking the ground however if they do notice you and they reach the Sky Ceiling then attacking them with an ESF from above is impossible.
  10. HadesR

Yeah was thinking the same .. Was clearly stated in the PTS patch notes.

It might be an oversight or they might have been held back for some reason .. If they are held back that's cool .. But begs the question why wasn't the whole patch held back .. It wasn't tested properly on PTS ..

Releasing potential broken **** then fixing it after the fact isn't the best way to give your player base much faith in you.

11. Talthos

And at the Sky Ceiling, nothing renders on the distant ground below, so they still have to come down to contribute to the base capture. Killing a Liberator with an ESF isn't just simply aiming and shooting till it dies. Use the superior manoeuvrability and agility of your ESF to simply dance like an air ninja around it.
  12. Talthos

To all the people complaining about this newest update; it's not the end of the bloody game. A good chunk of your ability to succeed in this game is simply being able to react faster than your enemy, then kill him before he can do the same.
  13. RazoRaptor

The k/d of liberator gunners are high enough as it is. Why are SOE ruining this game. It's going to be a nightmare on the ground. I'd be surprised if newbies stick around and take this torture. It least make liberators get damaged by small arms like ESF's do.
    • Up x 3
  14. ZenzotuskeN

This might be different depending on the server you play but on Briggs the Liberator Players are Insanely Good, so many times it doesn't matter how agile you are in the ESF u'll be Dalton-ed by the belly gunner while they are at Ceiling and they won't come down until your eliminated some of them even stay really high up to hunt just esf's.
    • Up x 1
  15. PS2xProphecy

Hyena Missile Launcher!?
    Do we really need more air craft lock on weapons? Bad enough ESF pilots completely avoid liberator encounters, but now they get a tail gun with lock on capability!? If there is something that puts this game to shame, its definitely the addition of more lock on weapons when already we have enough of them. Seems like a very rushed update!

So far, I hate what I've read on this part in particular, but will have to see the true damage when I am in-game.
    • Up x 2
  16. RazoRaptor

You want everyone just to be G2A heavies to be able fight back the liberators?
    • Up x 4
  17. TheScavenger101

I don't know what to think of this patch I mean I don't like the deathscreen minimap killcam thing. But I would have accepted it if the bigger part of the community wanted it, which clearly wasn't the case.

My biggest concern with this patch is the RUSH and lack of care for the multitude of negative feedback this got from the community.
    I don't know. I'm loosing faith in this game, it's clearly not the players game it's the developers vision. Which is fine, but I wish they didn't fool us with the "we want your feedback guys" all the time, since clearly it doesn't matter.

I don't like being under the impression that the community can make a change and get my hopes up 'cause the community has tons of good ideas and good opinions (even though I don't always agree with them). But then when the patches go Live I (we?) feel cheated on almost every time.

Kind of a bummer...
    • Up x 16
  18. Lazaruz

Hate to be the negative nancy, but I'm just somewhat concerned about the trend you're setting here, and the possibility of seeing the Road map and PTS turned into a meaningless public relations booster for you. You guys start developing things long before they get added to the road map, and when the community gives negative feedback, you play the "we already spent so much development time on this that we're going to see it through" card. Then the things get added to PTS, where the community has a couple day window during which they can preview the upcoming changes, since the feedback we give won't have time to make any difference due to the patch going live during the following day(s).

Before I get reminded about past times you've listened to the community, I say "you're only as good as your last job". Listening to the community is not a one-off thing that you can pull from your back pocket whenever you need to buy some goodwill, it needs to be maintained.
    • Up x 20
  19. Denurke

The death screen showing your position and attachments that nobody wants. The basic and composite armor resistance changes which only the composite deserved to have changed not the base resist. Head collision which can backfire, so if we can shot off someone ear why could not we also hit their knees for crippling them?. Nerfing the dumb fire launchers while buffing the lock ons, now all those deci users that can land their shots...

This update is just so bad, really does anyone from soe listen to community or play the game?
    • Up x 9
  20. NanoBitSplit

Remember folks, PTS isn't for testing how game mechanics function, but how much the community dislikes them.

The internal scale goes from "They love it, so let's delay it for months on live" to "They despise it, so let's rush it to live two days later."

I'd rather corny (if cringeworthy) snarkiness to GREETINGS AURAXIANS <3x9001 CAT PUNS WHILE POLISHING SMEDLEY'S CHROME DOME AND TEASING YOU NECKBEARDED NERDS WITH MY SUPPLE YET PERKY SPANDEX-OVERLAIN ASSETS.

Ahem.
    • Up x 1