Scheduled Maintenance March 13th 6 AM

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. RadarX

Major Known Issue Tracking

Fixed:

• Stuck on death screen
    In Progress:

• Ability issue
    • Server crash - testing fix on Connery now
    • Class quiz on all characters
    • Vehicles stuck in invulnerable state
    ----

All servers will be unavailable beginning at 6:00 AM PT (2 PM CET) for maintenance. Players may note the following changes:

The notes in italic parentheses are additional information from your Community Manager and may not be representative of the intent of it's preceding patch note.

Death Screen Revamp
    • The death screen has been redone to provide more information. The following can now be seen:
    • A minimap displaying the killer’s relative position to yours. The killer’s position will only be revealed if the killer was previously spotted. In the case where the killer was not spotted, only the general direction of the killer will be shown. (Please note: You are still really dead)
    • The killer’s and assister’s weapon attachments
    • The killer’s and assister’s last completed medal for the weapon they killed you with (Feel free to congratulate them on their recent murder!)
    • Your current progress towards your next medal and ribbon for your primary and secondary weapon
    • Up to 3 upcoming medals
    • Various session stats
    • A graph and XP event feed that summarizes your last life (Which as a reminder has been terminated.)
    • In the case where you did not register any significant XP events a helpful tip will be shown instead of a graph. (For veteran players this may include "You should attempt to die less" or "So to answer your question, yes, you were too close to that C4.")
    • The death screen can now stay up indefinitely. You can press any key to continue to the deployment screen after a couple seconds, however.
    Liberator Update
    • New Liberator Nose Gun: L24R Spur:
      • The L24R Spur is equipped with specialized optics that allows the pilot to adjust the weapons aim rather than be fixed forward. (Settle down Maverick. You still need to stay with your wingman.)
    • New tail gun: Hyena Missile Launcher:
      • Hyena Missiles are compact, short range missiles that are dumb-fired, but will lock-on to enemy aircraft if they get close enough and inflict light damage.
    • New Belly Gun: D-75 Duster
      • The D-75 Duster is equipped with dual 75mm cannons that fire HE shells. While able to quickly unload its magazine of ten shells, each shot decreases targeting accuracy unless given time to recover. This allows the D-75 to feather accurate shots, or unload the magazine and bombard a wider area. (Let the trigger happiness commence!)
    • Tail Gun Improvements
      • The liberator tail gun has been adjusted to give it increased firing angles. It can now rotate 180 degrees but is forced to aim down when facing towards the front of the Liberator. This gives it some additional coverage to the bottom and sides of the Liberator.
    • Liberator Composite Armor:
      • Composite armor now increases resistance to HEAT rounds, AP rounds and light anti-vehicle rounds (Zepher & Bulldog). We are also upping the lower ranks against flak. (Would you believe us if we said it was just dense aluminum foil?)
        • Flak resistance changed from (4/6/8/10) to (7/8/9/10) each rank
        • HEAT and AP round resistance added (15/20/25/30) each rank
        • Dalton Blast Damage resistance added (35/40/45/50) each rank
        • Light Tank Rounds resistance added (10/15/20/25) each rank
    • C150 Dalton
      • Inner radius blast damage decreased from 1000 damage to 700 damage.
      • In cases where this causes an increase in direct hits required to kill a target, the resistance to this damage was adjusted so that it remains the same. Except for Liberators, Liberators will now be set on fire after two direct Dalton hits instead of destroyed. (It's still not ok your Liberator is on fire).
    • Vektor
      • The fall off damage on the Vektor is being adjusted so it is not as steep and its reload certification is being improved.
        • Minimum damage increased from 150 damage to 225
        • Reload Speed Certification is now -0.2 seconds per rank up from -0.12 seconds (Because some of you are going to notice this...)
    • A30/G30 Walker
      • We are increasing damage done within 125 meters and upping the minimum damage slightly. Between 125 and 400 meters the weapon will be near identical to the previous version.
        • Maximum damage increased from 115 to 130
        • Max damage range decreased from 175 meters to 50 meters
        • Minimum damage increased from 75 to 85
        • Minimum fall off range decreased from 500 meters to 400 meters
    • G40-F Ranger
      • Weapon is underperforming, receiving the following adjustments (Much like Rudolph, the other weapons don't like it but you'll need it one day)
      • Magazine size increased from 32 rounds to 70 rounds
      • Flak damage increased from to 38 damage to 45 damage (Flak from your squad for not killing that aircraft has also been reduced by 20%)
    • Liberator Belly Gun Adjustments:
      • The “dead zone” when pointing the weapon straight down has been reduced by 5 degrees.
    Misc Balance Adjustments
    • Liberator Racer Airframe
      • Increased cruising speed: Previously it was ~7 KPH per rank for a total of 20 KPH at max rank. It has been increased to ~11 KPH per rank for a total of ~35 KPH at max rank.
    • Liberator Stealth (and Galaxy)
      • The lock-on time increase for Liberator and Galaxy stealth certifications has increased from 0.25 seconds per rank to 0.375 seconds.
    • Liberator Afterburner
      • Initial fuel cost (the additional fuel cost consumed when activating the afterburner) reduced to 25% of the tanks capacity down from 33% (What can we say? We are going greener with our afterburners).
      • Reduced the amount of fuel consumed per second.
        • Previously a full burn was around 1.5 seconds
        • Now a full burn is around 3 seconds
    Shared Vehicle XP
    • Experience for kills are now shared amongst the entire crew of a vehicle, this includes all gunners and passengers (but passengers receive a smaller amount).
    • Experience for assists are now shared amongst the entire crew of a vehicle, excluding passengers. This amount is usually less than the amount awarded for the actual assist. (Passngers may still continue to peer out the windows in terror at incoming fire).
    • Assist experience for infantry and vehicles now scales to how much damage is done before it dies.

Optics
    • Station Cash prices have been added to Infantry Weapon optics.
    Balance
    • The “Light anti-tank resistance” has been adjusted on several vehicles. “Light anti-tank” includes L105 Zepher, M40 Fury, M60 Bulldog and Underbarrel Grenade Launchers.
      • Liberator resistance to light anti-tank increased from 0% to 35%
      • Galaxy resistance to light anti-tank increased from 25% to 50%
      • Lightning resistance to light anti-tank decreased from 40% to 30%
    • This change reduces some extreme damage these weapons were able to do against Liberators and Galaxies. While on the other side the Lightning was too resilient against this type of damage, able to withstand as much punishment as a MBT could.
      • Liberators are receiving a few base line resistance increases against heavy hitting damage types.
      • Liberator base resistance to Armor Piercing Rounds increased from -20% to 10%
      • Liberator base resistance to HEAT rounds damage increased from -33% to 10%.
      • Liberator resistance to non lock-on rocket launchers (decimator & default launchers) increased from -87.5% to -70%
    • The above changes cause:
      • Two Dalton rounds to now put a Liberator in burning state rather than outright destroy it.
      • Armor piercing tank shells will do less damage per hit, but will still kill in the same amount of hits (except for the lightning AP, which will take one more hit).
      • HEAT rounds require one more shot than their AP counterparts (except for lightning HEAT, which will critical instead).
      • Decimators will no longer two shot Liberators, instead two shots will place it in critical damage.
    • Maintained lock weapons (A2A missiles and Striker) can now maintain an already established lock against aircraft 300 meters beyond the maximum acquire range (400 meters).
    • Reduced head collision size to lower the amount of unearned headshots (Seriously guys, taking off someones ear isn't really a headshot).
    • The motion sensor now can be resupplied from engi ammo packs and now auto-swaps to a weapon after deployment.
    • Fixed Phantom VA23 having the incorrect iron sight transition time. It is now at the same faster speed as the other two empires.
    Misc
    • The Class Quiz can now be completed on each of your characters. (Free stuff for all!)
    • Coyote Missiles have been updated with new reticule.
    • Camo can now be applied to heal and repair tools. (If you hold that repair tool really still against the turret they might not see you!)
    • Laid some groundwork for future Flash tuning improvements. These changes should be imperceivable in this update.
    • Temporarily using an external web browser for CS support and some purchase flows.
    Bugs Fixed
    • VO callouts will now play all the time instead of randomly stopping.
    • AF-8 RailJack forward grip is no longer errantly available in the VR training room.
    • On Amerish at The Scarf Reliquary, now has a pain field present in the spawn room.
    • Platoon leaders can once again kick out players from the drop menu on the platoon screen.
    • Tank turrets will have camo applied.
    • Fixed an issue where the minimap compass was off by 45 degrees. (What? 87.5% directional accuracy isn't good enough for you in the future?)
    • Fixed an issue where the aiming of vehicle weapons would be off if you switched seats.
    • Garage shields will now be the correct color from all distances.
    • Weapons and helmets will now cloak correctly at very close ranges.
    • Head selections will no longer disappear in character create.
    • Loadout dropdown menu on the deploy screen will no longer overlap the deploy button.
    • MANA Anti-Vehicle Turret now has a more appropriate icon in the stats page.
    • Medics should no longer call out to allies when they throw a heal or revive grenade. (You are going to have to take credit for your accomplishments on your own).
    • Players should no longer call out when repairing their own vehicle from the rumble seat. (Look, nobody was impressed ok?)
    • Up x 33
  2. Spartan 117

Looks like I will be in my skyguard this week! Have fun pilots!
    • Up x 6
  3. Westy543

Haven't we not really gotten a chance to give feedback yet on the lib weapon/stat changes?
    • Up x 22
  4. kadney

I wish you had increased the bullet velocity for the G40-F Ranger a little bit. In my opinion it's not the magazine size that "kills" the weapon, it's the low bullet velocity and/or the slow rate of fire. :confused:

The by far most exciting is the shared vehicle exp. <3

Regarding the optics, I already wrote something in the PTS-forum about it. Where will you draw the line?

Waiting for this since two weeks. :D I was hoping Tayradactyl was right about the bug-thing but sadly nobody ever bothered confirming this. :(

*turns around* *if I can't see them, they can't see me either!* :D

• Weapons and helmets will now cloak correctly at very close ranges.
    Yay! :)
    I hope you fixed the other bugs aswell, or at least attempt to do so in the near future.
    I would love to see some ribbons for damage dealt against enemies with them, like you get ribbons for repairing and healing as a support role. Or at least ribbons and medals for kills. <3
    • Up x 1
  5. DJPenguin

A dozen or so threads with alternate methods of helping new players popped up the past few days that are leaps and bounds better to this killcam you're forcing on us. Please consider something else as a long term goal.
    • Up x 44
  6. Maelthra

Wow. The PTS patch containing most of this only hit the PTS server 3 days ago. Dat turnaround time :eek:
    • Up x 29
  7. Teoke

...The one time SOE chooses not to listen to feedback :(
    • Up x 50
  8. VonStalin

"(Please note: You are still really dead)"
    Please note: this is deathmach and you will be alive in 3, 2, 1...
    • Up x 22
  9. Nanomorph

[IMG]
    • Up x 75
  10. Ravenorth

Phantom finally fixed!

Party time!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 13
  11. Loeffel

... Yeah man! Like two days on the public test server - big **** storm and they still put it live without any changes...

Why should I pay anymore when they don't listen to us?

This is probably the worst day in PS2 - RIP Gameplay!!!

Loeffel
    • Up x 25
  12. kadney

There we see one of the issues with the weekly updates. In some cases, there is not enough time to give proper feedback. This update went to the PTS on Tuesday.. now, around 48 hours later, it hit the live server..
    In my opinion, stuff like this should be on the PTS for a week, at least.
    • Up x 5
  13. Torok

Well that was quick ahah, did this stuff even get tested?

PREPARE THE FLAK CANNONS, ARMOR and LET SLIPS THE DOGS OF FLAME!
    • Up x 4
  14. Javik

All aboard the Flak Sundy and lets go hunting
    • Up x 4
  15. Maljas23

Can't say I was expecting this this week, considering the fact that this stuff just got added to the PTS like 2-3 days ago. /shurg

There is no mention of the TR audio improvement though.
    • Up x 3
  16. EliteEskimo

Radar X, this is not cool. These changes just came onto the test server and people don't even know what these changes amount too. Do you know what this ludicrous changes amount to for MBT's?

It now takes, to kill a liberator with max composite armor
    4 Vanguard AP rounds
    5 Magrider FPC rounds
    7 Prowler AP rounds

5 Vanguard HEAT rounds
    6 Magrider PC rounds
    9 Prowler HEAT rounds

Good liberator teams are already a menace to ground vehicles, which is fine, but if they mess up and try to tank bust me while being in my LOS I can at least take them down. There isn't much I can do to defend myself from a Max Composite Armor Tank Buster liberator such as this one, and they can literally just race rush me with this armor. 9 Prowler HEAT Rounds? Why should it take a 450 resource cost MBT 9 High Explosive Anti Tank Shells to take down a comparatively much faster 350 resource cost liberator which may be 1/3? Plus think about the slow reload and Alpha Strike Power of an AP Vanguard, and yet it has to hit a Liberator 4 times? This is a roughly 60% increase for a vehicle that can Tank Buster me to death in less time than it takes to undeploy in Anchormode, is this fair?

Liberator pilots on QRY, TGWW, and NNG are already really dam hard liberator pilots to kill with a tank, and this just makes the situation against them basically hopeless. Over doubling the amount MBT shells it takes to take one liberator is such a massive buff it's ridiculous. Then again these are the same guys who took roughly 10 months to get serious about fixing the AV turret, which was ruining open field tank battles, so I really shouldn't be surprised should I?
    • Up x 33
  17. Admiralty

Still no straight pull bolt attachment??!!
    • Up x 18
  18. Amarsir

So you're updating lock-ons but not fixing their " take off at a crazy angle" behavior?

And massive Lib buffs, when it was already an infantry nightmare that makes me want to quit.

And the much-hated death screen change ... that actually bothers me less than it does other players, but given their reaction this is way too rushed.

All told, this is the worst update in months. I wasn't planning to check out Titanfall, but I think you're talking me into it.
    • Up x 6
  19. focart

Death Screen Revamp
    Does it mean that suppressor for everything will be useless waste of certs?
    What is the point to deny reward of unexpected position?
    Such wow, much zerg.
    • Up x 37
  20. Feuerregen

Well i dont know if i like the Liaberator Update,
    Cause in my Expierience Liberators come along with much Ground Units. (often a Zerg)
    And just one Liberator in the Sky with a Dalton takes down most Infantry and Vehicles and runs away at half damage.

About the Deathscreen: Dont know if its good or bad with the Radar, but i like it.
    But u forgot to implement a Timer for the Time where Medics can revive you. (Or do i have to count on my own?)
    • Up x 3