Scheduled Maintenance March 13th 6 AM

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 13, 2014.

1. SnipersUnion

Why have a test server when you give us three days to test.

As a PS vet I'm just going to say this, It's really starting to feel like you could care less for people that have supported and put money into this game over the years, and are more concerned with attracting lots of short attention span, 'flavor of the month gamer's' that will be here a month and maybe spend 5 bucks on SC.

I remember when Planetside was built around ground breaking, unique FPS ideas.

Listen to your community, or your community will leave.
    • Up x 17
  2. Bindlestiff

It is hard to give constructive feedback on a patch that in the main is going to fundamentally break so much of the existing gameplay, whilst ignoring key issues that still plague the game and hinder the fun.

I am reading this patch as:

• Liberators will now be able to hover in front on my Magrider and essentially take a dump on me before I can damage them enough (assuming that I can get somewhere my main cannon will aim at them) that they will think about flying away.
    • Liberators now get more cool stuff to blow away infantry and armour whilst being made exceptionally more tough to bring down
    • Players who play with skill to get into good positions will now be penalised by the game essentially telling the dead player where you are
    • Stealthy players effectively have no place in the game anymore (and probably haven't for a long time)

I am also reading this as:

• You have still not fixed the 'respawn at the base you didn't select' bug
    • You have still not made the straight pull attachment available, despite this being pretty much perfect on PTS for weeks whereas all of this other new guff has had about 2-3 days of airtime (less if you take into consideration people haven't been able to actually get in)
    • Feedback on the roadmap is essentially worthless, as is feedback on PTS, as it seems if you have an idea in your head you are 100% focused on you will run with it anyway
    • You still could not care less about the ridiculous imbalance caused by overpop
    • You have still not fixed the lack of allocation of WDS weekly prizes for Vanu on Cobalt (possible, and most probably, other factions on other servers as well). Why run an event if weeks later the rewards are still not sorted?

I am really looking forward to the MBT update where they are made into impervious death machines, and in particular a new Vanu cannon that is a hitscan beam weapon that destroys buildings, terrain and anything else in its path to the point where there isn't actually anything left to fight over. While we are at it, I'm also looking forward to the HA update where they are given a rocket launcher that fires multiple miniature rocket launchers that then fire millions of rockets that all lock on to everything within 6000 meters and instagib the lot.

Sounds ridiculous, but then so did the killcam idea, and that got implemented.

Getting to the point now where my subscription is looking less and less appealing. I want to support this game and continue the development, but continue the development in a direction the community wants to go in, not some unbalanced, backwards arsed direction that is pandering to an attention deficient generation who don't understand they can't win all the time.
    • Up x 8
  3. PsyStorm

Liberators seem just fine to me already if not a bit too powerful. I pulled multiple vehicles trying to take one down and with rockets and he just flew away to auto repair and came back over and over. I am not sure how I feel about them being even more powerful.
    • Up x 5
  4. SnipersUnion

On another note, Maggie always did her best to give us an actual ETA on servers... not just the time they go down.
  5. Imthehunter

The estimate is that they'll never ever come back up. It's probably more accurate as well.
  6. Pikachu

The liberator update was only been out for 3 days on PTS and you make it go live now? How much feedback from field testing could you possibly have got already? Is the improved vektor performing? How well are the new weapons doing? You took 3 weeks or so before letting infiltrators get their stuff from PTS to live. :confused:

What happend to all the buffs to the vektor that was listed 3/10?
    Now we only get this:
    No buffs to drake? No mention of the damage buff to zepher? Still no mention what happened to the idea of drop ship and rumble seat.
    • Up x 1
  7. Bindlestiff

Everyone *****ed and moaned that the estimates were miles out, so RadarX has taken the decision to say that they are down and not give an ETA. To be honest, this is better - they are up when they are up.
    • Up x 2
  8. AssaultPig

yeah obvs an ETA would be nice, but if the initial estimate is going to be off by three hours may as well just leave it indefinite and not rile people up
    • Up x 2
  9. Nayrx

Maintained lock weapons (A2A missiles and Striker) can now maintain an already established lock against aircraft 300 meters beyond the maximum acquire range (400 meters).

how is this different from what it was? I don't understand.
    • Up x 1
  10. faykid

Campers. That's what you call those players. Skilled players always move. Battle flow is very quick, you never stay in one place long enough for the death screen to matter.

Stealthy players will not be spotted, therefore will not pinpointed on the deathscreen minimap.
    • Up x 1
  11. ddraig

server should be down -- server is still up -- yay
  12. Denurke

btw the new community manager can't calculate the time zone difference.

IT IS 3 PM CET
  13. Autorelic

This is a joke, right? You're seriously giving a slew of MAJOR changes to the liberator THREE DAYS of testing before releasing? Is there a point to the test server or is it just there for people to "duel" each other with ESFs? You can't possibly expect to be able to accurately gauge the effect these will have without proper testing! What the hell are you people doing anymore?

I want to be able to see just how much money I've spent on this game, so I can truly be aware of how much I've wasted on a company that at this point is clueless on how to approach things. You keep overnerfing things, taking months to patch them back to usefulness. You release blatantly broken things left and right, further buff them and then send them spiraling into the ground a month later. And the kicker is the distinct lack of feedback on real concerns about balance when things like this come out.

Not to mention the deathscreen. I myself haven't had the reaction many here have, but it's still a massive change and requires EXTENSIVE testing. I mean, how long has Hossin been there? How many months has it been played on? Yet major changes to core gameplay of vehicles and infantry get three days? Hell, the ESSRs got like three weeks or more on PTS if I remember right. And they went through several changes during that. So why pull this? Why? I know even as I type this, I will have no response, but I can still hope some explanation could be given to this alarming behavior.
  14. Good_Kitty

Way to appease the call of duty player **** kids want a death cam. Keep screwing with snipers. There are always fast paced arcade games like titanfall to play now.
    • Up x 2
  15. MrDarkDevel

wow just wow how could you go against so many comments to stick in kill cam. I know you have spent a lot of time on it but you could have saved your self a lot of wasted time when people who have been paying since a year ago stop playing because of it (just get rid of it 100% gone).
    • Up x 9
  16. Naelyan

Hey SOE; some people have no awareness at all can you give them an auto spotting or a wallhack, also can you make a built in aimbot for those who don't bother aiming ?
    What the hell are game companies trying to achieve with that hand-holding crap going on for at least a decade ? Are you trying to make games for brainless zombies ? Do you consider improving and gameplay are overrated concepts in this era ? Is there some kind of master plan in which you want to conquer the world by making everyone as dumb as possible ?
    • Up x 11
  17. Torok

Legit

MAINTENANCE NOW!

"You have been disconnected from the Server"
    • Up x 5
  18. Bindlestiff

I'm not talking about Infiltrators particularly. LA move probably most of all but will be massively impacted because their vertical advantage is potentially going to be negated by people learning to read the killscreen and take in ALL of the information now provided.

Edit: And lets not forget the impact this will have on the "auto spot" implant. You will be auto spotted on dealing damage, and reveal your exact position when you make a kill when that comes in. It is not possible to move that far in a short space of time - and that assuming they respawn rather than get resurrected.
  19. cyb_

2PM CET is correct because of daylight saving time.
  20. sauna

"Maintenance NOW!"
    • Up x 1